FreakFries

New York Giants 2019 Outlook

I would just like to point out that the General Manager of the New York Giants just made the Cleveland Browns a better football team with a better future while simultaneously hurting his own team to the point where they now look worse in every way than the Cleveland Browns.

That has to be some kind of milestone doesn't it?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

I would just like to point out that the General Manager of the New York Giants just made the Cleveland Browns a better football team with a better future while simultaneously hurting his own team to the point where they now look worse in every way than the Cleveland Browns.

That has to be some kind of milestone doesn't it?

All they need is Barkley right? 

All I hear from Giants fans is their defense of taking Barkley #2 as if that justifies the complete dismantling of the team once it became painfully obvious how bad they were by week5. Now they have 4 seasons to build a team around barkley before he becomes too expensive or his wheels fall off 😂

I have absolutely no idea what Gettleman is doing.  I won’t even pretend to understand it.

• Haha 1

They need to trade Barkley and start a real rebuild. Ship Eli and get some rookie QB some real game time reps

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

They need to trade Barkley and start a real rebuild. Ship Eli and get some rookie QB some real game time reps

You must have missed the Tait signing.  All good now.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, K197040 said:

You must have missed the Tait signing.  All good now.

Naturally trade the best young gamechanger wr NOT a FA and sign the best reliable journeyman FA wr LEFT

14 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Naturally trade the best young gamechanger wr NOT a FA and sign the best reliable journeyman FA wr LEFT

I’d like to see Hogan sign with another (good) team to see what happens

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BMcP said:

I have absolutely no idea what Gettleman is doing.  I won’t even pretend to understand it.

It really makes no sense

1. You use the #2 pick on a rb- considered a generational talent -arguably the top 5 in his position

2. You trade away your 26yr old franchise wr who is considered to be the in the top 5 of the position and a generational talent

3. You keep your 38yr old QB where the consensus is he is rapidly declining

WTF Gettleman? 🤮

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

OBJ was basically a product of the system (who couldn’t even stay on the field).  Shepherd fills the same role.  Now you add Tait to the mix along with Barkley and E Squared.   With Manning at the helm.  Zoom.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

OBJ was basically a product of the system (who couldn’t even stay on the field).  Shepherd fills the same role.  Now you add Tait to the mix along with Barkley and E Squared.   With Manning at the helm.  Zoom.

You just lost...well, everyone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, K197040 said:

I think he's being sarcastic.  The "Zoom" gives it away.  

16 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Sterling Shepard and his migraines is the WR1 now?

Or is it Corey Coleman?

saquon could have 500 touches, lol

… against 10 man boxes for 982 yards. 

The only angle that makes any sense to me is OBJ was that much of a headache in the locker room (which we do not see) and on the sidelines (which we did see) and the Giants are planning on drafting/ or trading for a young QB and figure he is just not worth the headache to be around a young QB that is being groomed in the NFL.   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, poofinger said:

The only angle that makes any sense to me is OBJ was that much of a headache in the locker room (which we do not see) and on the sidelines (which we did see) and the Giants are planning on drafting/ or trading for a young QB and figure he is just not worth the headache to be around a young QB that is being groomed in the NFL.   

No reporting from teammates he was a locker room problem however he did throw his team and city under the bus in an interview with the rapper Little Wayne next to him. 

So despite his faults he aired his opinions publicly

4 minutes ago, poofinger said:

Well, but don't you believe having a future Hall of Fame quality WR might be good for a young quarterback's development?

9 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Well, but don't you believe having a future Hall of Fame quality WR might be good for a young quarterback's development?

Come on now. We know it isn’t that easy.  This isn’t Madden.  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, dashoe said:

No reporting from teammates he was a locker room problem however he did throw his team and city under the bus in an interview with the rapper Little Wayne next to him. 

So despite his faults he aired his opinions publicly

“There may be things we don’t know about that haven’t been out there. They’ve said they wanted to avoid distractions. There’s no one more distracting than Odell even on his best day.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poofinger said:

“There may be things we don’t know about that haven’t been out there. They’ve said they wanted to avoid distractions. There’s no one more distracting than Odell even on his best day.”

In todays social media age I think any negative news would have been exposed.  His teammates publicly appear to have liked him distraction or not

Doesn’t change the fact that he was a huge liability, acting like a child all the time 

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

Doesn’t change the fact that he was a huge liability, acting like a child all the time 

I thought he was a headcase, personally but that doesnt make him  a locker room problem or a bad teammate. I think he wasnt very professional in his behavior and was more focused on the OBJ brand than the OBJ football career. it seemed like football was secondary to his celebrity. 

On a serious note if i was a NYG season ticket holder or I had free gameday parking for my RV from  a buddy who works for the organization. .  i would sell them on stubhub and purchase the cable NFL gameday package because I could enjoy the Giants get mauled weekly from the comfort of my own home. 🤣

Gettleman literally dismantled all of the talent from this team and is building around a rb. . . maybe 🤪

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Gettleman literally dismantled all of the talent from this team and is building around a rb. . . maybe 🤪

Not all of it - and that’s the strangest part.  Either commit to the rebuild or don’t.