FreakFries

New York Giants 2019 Outlook

4 hours ago, dashoe said:

In todays social media age I think any negative news would have been exposed.  His teammates publicly appear to have liked him distraction or not

He fought with a field goal net and lost. 

4 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Doesn’t change the fact that he was a huge liability, acting like a child all the time 

Let's also not overlook the fact that in addition to being the best WR on the team, he was also arguably the best QB on the team too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Let's also not overlook the fact that in addition to being the best WR on the team, he was also arguably the best QB on the team too. 

Boo!!!  He doesn’t have two super bowl wins and two super bowl mvps. 

• Like 1

Let's build towards the future and stockpile picks and young talent.  Yo Eli!  You are at QB...

Just looking back through the last several Super Bowls, it's hard to make the case for building around a star RB.   Or WR for that matter.   

• Like 2

looks like the giants 2019 season will be worse than s---, and i absolutely bloody love it!

Maybe the Giants are playing the long con.  Make Eli happy today, to land Peyton as GM or coach tomorrow?

It’s almost like the Giants were sitting at the black jack table and took a hit holding 2 face cards.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottBarrettDFB/status/1121687423891566592

Read this interview excerpt with Gettleman explaining when and how he decided Jones was his guy. Ho.ly. S#%*.

Gettleman rambles incoherently a bit but here are some “highlights”:

”I had seen Dwayne play in the Big 12 ... is that the Big 12 anymore?”

after the three series that I watched, I saw a professional quarterback, so that’s when I was in full bloom love.”

”Pat Shurmer: (awkward laughter)”

Is Gettleman working for the Eagles? Seems like he’s not only sabotaging the Giants but trolling the fan base as he does so.

Edited by FreakFries
  • Haha 1

Trying to get fired so he can get paid without having to actually work?   

Watched the draft with a giants fan last night. All he kept saying is "we coulda had josh allen at 6 and montez sweat at 17 and daniel jones would still be on the board"

Thought the poor guy was gonna hang himself. 

• Like 1

Barkley will have the physical wear and tear of a 35yr old rb by the time his rookie contract is finished 🤣

Maybe we’re going to be the Green Bay model, where Rodgers sat for three years," Gettleman suggested following his reach for Duke QB Daniel Jones at No. 6. "You can never have too many good players at one position."”

Serious question: is David Gettleman deliberately sabotaging the Giants and trolling Giants fans while doing so???

On 3/20/2019 at 2:16 PM, K197040 said:

Just looking back through the last several Super Bowls, it's hard to make the case for building around a star RB.   Or WR for that matter.   

There hasn't been a Saquan level guy since ADP. He was the right pick. I wouldn't spend an ounce of draft capital on WR though.

Posted (edited)

Giants are a joke lol

gettleman gone after this year?

Edited by bhawks489

3 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

There hasn't been a Saquan level guy since ADP. He was the right pick. I wouldn't spend an ounce of draft capital on WR though.

I actually liked that pick too. I just wish Gettleman had kept OBJ and gotten Fitzpatrick or even Tyrod Taylor as a bridge and gone all in on one of the QBs next year. 

I would be deeply disappointed with Haskins who I don’t think is the answer but Daniel Jones???? WTF is that?!?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

I actually liked that pick too. I just wish Gettleman had kept OBJ and gotten Fitzpatrick or even Tyrod Taylor as a bridge and gone all in on one of the QBs next year. 

I would be deeply disappointed with Haskins who I don’t think is the answer but Daniel Jones???? WTF is that?!?

Ya I'm bummed about Jones,Saquan deserves better. And as someone pointed out, they could have gotten him later. Weird pick

5 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

I think Haskins is one of the best in the draft. He might not look great the first year on a shaky wash offense though

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Evidently not the right pick for the NYG's because the results are being borne out as a complete team failure. Their need wasnt at rb, it was at OL+QB.

Barkley would have been the right pick for a team that needed a rb after having their franchise QB locked in like. . . The Browns who had  the #1 and #4 pick 🤣

Edited by dashoe

Just now, bhawks489 said:

I think Haskins is one of the best in the draft. He might not look great the first year on a shaky wash offense though

I like him better than Jones!

Here is another Daniel Jones nugget:

”Daniel Jones went 17-of-36 for 145 yards 1 TD, 1 INT in a 59-7 loss to a 7-6  Wake Forest team.”

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

I like him better than Jones!

Here is another Daniel Jones nugget:

”Daniel Jones went 17-of-36 for 145 yards 1 TD, 1 INT in a 59-7 loss to a 7-6  Wake Forest team.”

Was that the game grttleman watched 3 series?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Evidently not the right pick for the NYG's because the results are being borne out as a complete team failure. Their need wasnt at rb, it was at OL+QB.

Barkley would have been the right pick for a team that needed a rb after having their franchise QB locked in like. . . The Browns who had  the #1 and #4 pick 🤣

They didn't think a franchise QB was on the board. They should have picked one anyways?

The Giants won 5 games last year. They would have won 3 or 4 less without Saquan. He's awesome and was 100% the right pick.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

They didn't think a franchise QB was on the board. They should have picked one anyways?

The Giants won 5 games last year. They would have won 3 or 4 less without Saquan. He's awesome and was 100% the right pick.

The draft is the cheapest way to acquire a franchise QB and u can always rinse and rpt exhibit A look at the cardinals, they are rinsing and repeatung.

I think you are confusing  the talent with team situation.  Barley was not the right pick for the NYG regardless of his talent because they still sucked with him same as they sucked without him and the same problems exist as before bad oline+declining QB

So you would prefer barkleys talent on a 5 win team with no franchise QB and full blown rebuild with no playoff hopes rather than barkleys talent on a playoff contending team?

yeah that makes a lot of sense because all that matters was that he was the #2 pick of the DRAFT not his actual CAREER success. . .🤔

Edited by dashoe