FreakFries

New York Giants 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

 

Kraft probably has him on payroll. 

 

“Dave, I want you to massage the Giants roster until it blows. Here’s $75.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

 

Kraft probably has him on payroll. 

Just making sure he won't run into the Giants in the SB again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

How did this team go from respected franchise for decades to literally a laughingstock stuck in the mud with no path forward? 😖

Edited by dashoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

How did this team go from respected franchise for decades to literally a laughingstock stuck in the mud with no path forward? 😖

Threw Coughlin under the bus and fired him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dashoe said:

How did this team go from respected franchise for decades to literally a laughingstock stuck in the mud with no path forward? 😖

KaleidoscopicAssuredAdmiralbutterfly-siz

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dashoe said:

How did this team go from respected franchise for decades to literally a laughingstock stuck in the mud with no path forward? 😖

The Curse of Joshua...when he bet his Giants against the Bears two years ago.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

KaleidoscopicAssuredAdmiralbutterfly-siz

“When I press my hands against my eyes like this I see stars!”

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, psygolf said:

The Curse of Joshua...when he bet his Giants against the Bears two years ago.

 

It was actually the Jets vs the Bears...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, dashoe said:

How did this team go from respected franchise for decades to literally a laughingstock stuck in the mud with no path forward? 😖

 

Neglected to OL for years because Eli had won without them for so long. Jerry Reach signing Brandon Marshall with the FA money that should have gone to Andrew Whitworth is a classic example.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, devaster said:

Threw Coughlin under the bus and fired him.

 

X2, it seems to directly correlate with him leaving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

X2, it seems to directly correlate with him leaving.

Didn't he bench Eli for a game though? God forbid anyone do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Didn't he bench Eli for a game though? God forbid anyone do that.

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, devaster said:

No.

When was Eli benched? I thought it was while coughlin was there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

When was Eli benched? I thought it was while coughlin was there.

McAdoo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

WR I can understand but TE? 👀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

WR I can understand but TE? 👀

TE makes sense for a lot of bigger QB's that aren't as athletic. I thought Tebow could have had a good career at TE or FB/RB.

Nuggets keep coming out about Jones and how teams viewed him as a prospect. Very polarizing. Some teams appear to be going to great lengths to suggest he won't be good or wasn't viewed as a QB for some reason. And of course the Giants have been leaking reports to try and defend their pick which makes sense. I don't really get why other teams care at this point.

I believe there were probably more teams interested than they would like to publicly acknowledge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, devaster said:

TE makes sense for a lot of bigger QB's that aren't as athletic. I thought Tebow could have had a good career at TE or FB/RB.

Nuggets keep coming out about Jones and how teams viewed him as a prospect. Very polarizing. Some teams appear to be going to great lengths to suggest he won't be good or wasn't viewed as a QB for some reason. And of course the Giants have been leaking reports to try and defend their pick which makes sense. I don't really get why other teams care at this point.

I believe there were probably more teams interested than they would like to publicly acknowledge. 

I think it  fundamentally comes down to  validating the #6 pick with guaranteed  $25mm vs being  like the 6th QB off the board 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 3:46 PM, dashoe said:

How did this team go from respected franchise for decades to literally a laughingstock stuck in the mud with no path forward? 😖


Kids inherited the team from their parents.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, devaster said:

TE makes sense for a lot of bigger QB's that aren't as athletic. I thought Tebow could have had a good career at TE or FB/RB.

Tebow at least was already around 250 lbs. Jones is tall, but "only" 220 lbs, and would need another 30-40 pound or so. That's a lot of time in the gym. 
Mostly it's an interesting dig at how bad certain teams think he would be as a QB, because you don't do such a transformation unless he's a 6th round pick or worse.

Edited by Boudewijn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My two cents on the Giants challenges:

First, I suspect there a few too many behind the scenes "suggestions" coming from ownership, which never really works out for a team (see Jerry Jones)... 
I'll reference trading OBJ away and drafting Daniel Jones as two moves that seemed forced.

Second, Gettleman has not shown the ability to maximize value with his assets.
*He sold OBJ for 75 cents on the dollar
*Let Collins walk for free
*The 6 pick had a higher potential ROI... while I don't mind the Daniel Jones selection as the Giants potential future QB, I believe he would have been there at 17.
     If they didn't feel good about waiting until 17, they still could have traded out of the 6, moving back a few spots and adding some more draft capital...
     There was always Rosen to fall back on or next year's high quality crop of QBs... we've committed ourselves to a QB "that may sit for 3 years"...
     You can't use the 6 pick to build your bench and NY has effectively taken itself out of the running for all the guys coming out next season. 

On the positive side, trading up for DeAndre Baker was their best move in the draft... they did overpay, but they had the draft capital to do that and gave away lesser assets.
I did like the aggressive move to get a solid guy under contact for 5 years rather than 4...
Following that pick up with the Julian Love in the 4th was great value... (blind squirrel/nut?) 
Overall, Gettleman drafted three guys that should stick in the secondary (Ballantine), so he did well to address that glaring need.

At the end of the day, whatever combination of players the Giants have had for the past 5 years hasn't really worked.
I am actually one to say I am happy with the shake up, but I think a better job could have been done in securing more or better assets.
The Giants are fully built around Barkley now, the line is much improved, a future QB is in the fold (albeit suspect) and the defensive rebuild is underway...

(Big) If Eli still has some juice, the Giants will be fine this season...
I will be happy to see what he can do behind the improved line, but at some point they do need to play Jones this year.

Jerry Reese should have been removed years ago, but that's indicative of the Giants true challenge:
The Giants have owners that don't really know how to lead or make quality decisions and they hired a "Yes" man at GM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Winky said:

My two cents on the Giants challenges:

First, I suspect there a few too many behind the scenes "suggestions" coming from ownership, which never really works out for a team (see Jerry Jones)... 
I'll reference trading OBJ away and drafting Daniel Jones as two moves that seemed forced.

Second, Gettleman has not shown the ability to maximize value with his assets.
*He sold OBJ for 75 cents on the dollar
*Let Collins walk for free
*The 6 pick had a higher potential ROI... while I don't mind the Daniel Jones selection as the Giants potential future QB, I believe he would have been there at 17.
     If they didn't feel good about waiting until 17, they still could have traded out of the 6, moving back a few spots and adding some more draft capital...
     There was always Rosen to fall back on or next year's high quality crop of QBs... we've committed ourselves to a QB "that may sit for 3 years"...
     You can't use the 6 pick to build your bench and NY has effectively taken itself out of the running for all the guys coming out next season. 

On the positive side, trading up for DeAndre Baker was their best move in the draft... they did overpay, but they had the draft capital to do that and gave away lesser assets.
I did like the aggressive move to get a solid guy under contact for 5 years rather than 4...
Following that pick up with the Julian Love in the 4th was great value... (blind squirrel/nut?) 
Overall, Gettleman drafted three guys that should stick in the secondary (Ballantine), so he did well to address that glaring need.

At the end of the day, whatever combination of players the Giants have had for the past 5 years hasn't really worked.
I am actually one to say I am happy with the shake up, but I think a better job could have been done in securing more or better assets.
The Giants are fully built around Barkley now, the line is much improved, a future QB is in the fold (albeit suspect) and the defensive rebuild is underway...

(Big) If Eli still has some juice, the Giants will be fine this season...
I will be happy to see what he can do behind the improved line, but at some point they do need to play Jones this year.

Jerry Reese should have been removed years ago, but that's indicative of the Giants true challenge:
The Giants have owners that don't really know how to lead or make quality decisions and they hired a "Yes" man at GM.

They are committed to Eli this season so WHY WOULD YOU TAKE DANIEL AND PASS ON JOSH ALLEN which would immediately boost your defense THIS YEAR. . .😖

Unlike Rosen if Daniel doesnt work out you wont be able to rtrade him for a 2nd rd pick  and you are going to eat his $25mm guaranteed contract.

Gettleman literally talked himself into bidding against himself by taking Daniel @ 6 because he was worried DEN or WSHJmight take him.

 

Insane.

Now I'm not a giants fan however I do believe that teams in the largest media markets need to do well for the overall good of the sport because they will always grab headlines and promote the game so even the non NFL fan will pay attention

Edited by dashoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.