Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

Venting already? 

Yes, I'm venting about myself. :wacko:

Drafted (live auction) and got a little too cute with my nominations. Ended up paying too much for offense, SP's lacking. Literally no one bid on Blackmon or Severino. On the bright side my offense looks solid (and limited bench spots, so the waiver is deep). Just don't love that I kind of have to scramble to start the season on the wire and maybe even trade.

Custom league settings/rosters. Start 16 (8 hitters - no UTL & 8 pitchers - 5 SP & 3 RP), 6 bench (C, OF, CI, MI, SP, RP).

12 teams, Roto, standard 5x5, once/week waivers in reverse standings.......My drafted Starters are:

C Contreras

1B: C. Santana

2B: Albies

3B: Arenado

SS: Lindor 

OF: Acuña

OF: Blackmon

OF: Hoskins

SP: Tanaka

SP: Marquez

SP: E-Rod

SP: Anibal Sanchez

SP: D. Kuechel

RP: Leclerc

RP: Iglesias

RP: Strahm

6 Bench (Catcher, OF, CI, MI, SP, RP) plus 4 DL spots (again custom league/rosters):

SP: Severino (I can move him to DL spot during 1st waivers and pickup a new SP)

RP: K. Zimmer

CI: J. Smoak

MI: DeJong

C : Barnhart

OF: Mazara

P.S. if Lindor doesn't start opening day, I can move him to DL spot and pickup another MI on first waivers. If Keuchel doesn't sign, I'll drop him and add a SP.

I've added and dropped Hampson and McMahon 2 or 3 times already. Don't have room for both. Dang Rockies!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Is this a "Rate my Draft" disguised as a Vent & Rant thread?

Take it to Bench Coach where you get 2 responses like the rest of us. 😆

LOL, my bad! Honestly, I was venting about how my draft went down and I guess spilled over into CSB. :P

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

16 teamer keep 7(-1 every year)

My friend won't trade me Kris Bryant! It's ridiculous. I've made some rather spicy offers over the past few years, to no avail. I've even stuck to a strict no Mets on my roster cause I'm not a dick (He's a stupid smelly Mets fan). But after 3 gut-wrenching years of no Bryant... Not a counter, not any discussion not anything besides you're not getting Bryant hahaha...

I've made some moves.

I traded Hicks for a 9th round pick. I chose Dahl and Clevy as last two two keepers in a league that includes obp and k:bb 6x6.

That draft pick ended up being a Snipe on Robinson Cano. 

I also traded David Dahl for Zack Wheeler. He has Degrom and Syndergard already.

I like Cano and Wheeler this year as it is. But I relish the fact that he's starting Jed Lowrie at 2B. 

Edited by dkrocka

8 hours ago, dkrocka said:

My 16 teamer is better than your 12 teamer. Rant about that.

you're not in my league, so...don't care :D

you rock, drock

tumblr_ngfl31oXEw1tv4k5po1_500.gif

17 hours ago, 89Topps said:

Is this a "Rate my Draft" disguised as a Vent & Rant thread?

Take it to Bench Coach where you get 2 responses like the rest of us. 😆

2?!  Who are you bribing??!  To get that kinda love on these boards...

18 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I've added and dropped Hampson and McMahon 2 or 3 times already. Don't have room for both. Dang Rockies!

I'm just glad its over (looks to be over anyways....kinda).  Current Hampson owner, will try to pick up McMahon in future draft.  Was aggravating in early draft when I stumbled across Hampson, the articles I quickly googled said he was the man at the keystone; McMahon was supposed to be 3rd baseman.  SB galore, some power...thought I found the proverbial lottery ticket.  I guess I didn't read close enough or missed the articles that said it was a competition.  I guess we'll see exactly how the Rockies divide it up. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Buddha said:

2?!  Who are you bribing??!  To get that kinda love on these boards...

I'm just glad its over (looks to be over anyways....kinda).  Current Hampson owner, will try to pick up McMahon in future draft.  Was aggravating in early draft when I stumbled across Hampson, the articles I quickly googled said he was the man at the keystone; McMahon was supposed to be 3rd baseman.  SB galore, some power...thought I found the proverbial lottery ticket.  I guess I didn't read close enough or missed the articles that said it was a competition.  I guess we'll see exactly how the Rockies divide it up. 

You did know the Rockies already had a 3B, right.  And it isn't over.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

You did know the Rockies already had a 3B, right.  And it isn't over.

He's beatable though.  

Open competition for every position, right?

• Haha 2

I just looked at my Tribes offense.  

How many Cubs/Cardinals closers are you gonna salivate about drafting this year and then not...

Over/under 3

A special thank you to the Dodgers for wasting that park and division on 7 guys pitching 120 innings.

Way to go Phil's. You took Harper when u so badly need 3B.

The first and last rookie to ever come through for Toronto that isn't post hype : Vlad. 

Here comes a healthy year from Miggy and a breakout year from Buxton after getting burned.

And I'm just gonna get this out of the way now: f--- you Mike Sciosia. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks yahoo for my wonderful draft slots 2,7,7,10,12 (got one more tonight I better get a top 5 pick)

0 shares of Arenado, jdm, judge. really like all 3 but never really had an option to get any as judge never fell to 10 or 12 and 7 was a bit too early for me

took bregman over lindor with my first draft not liking that (got a lot of steals later that made up for it)

Edited by colepenhagen

Planned to grab McMahon and Hampson and give 2B to whoever wins the job. Reached super high for Hampson too.

Guy picks McMahon literally the next pick, and I'm pretty sure he did it just to f--- with me 😠

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

Thanks yahoo for my wonderful draft slots 2,7,7,10,12 (got one more tonight I better get a top 5 pick)

0 shares of Arenado, jdm, judge. really like all 3 but never really had an option to get any as judge never fell to 10 or 12 and 7 was a bit too early for me

took bregman over lindor with my first draft not liking that (got a lot of steals later that made up for it)

pick 11. WTF one top 6 pick out 6 leagues. 

• Like 1

ESPN glitched out when I was trying to draft Scooter Gennett and autodrafted Gary Sanchez instead.  That's fine, I'll just grab a 2B next round.

I kid you not, between that pick and my next, Gennett, Dozier, Cano, Villar, Gordon (not that I would have drafted him) and Odor all went. 

7 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

pick 11. WTF one top 6 pick out 6 leagues. 

Why not just take Judge at 7 if you want him so bad? Like it's silly. 6 to 18 is soooooo interchangeable this year. 6 leagues is a lot dude, how do you keep up? I like 2, occasionally 3. And auction is a good way to get Judge on your roster.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

I still dream of the day I get to draft Trout. I play 3-5 leagues a year and haven’t had a No. 1 pick in probably 10 years.

Edited by Caelum
  • Thanks 2

Going against piscotty and Santana and my matchup is over in the first few innings. Fantasy baseball blows

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Going against piscotty and Santana and my matchup is over in the first few innings. Fantasy baseball blows

Roto, bro.

Joined a league that counts XBHs only, and no HRs. Runs aren't a category. Solo HRs are no different than a double with a guy on 3rd. It's going to be a rough year. 

Every year I seem to do this incredibly dumb move and this year it’s March 20th and I’ve already managed to pull it off. What I’m referring to is dropping a player to add someone else only to get ‘dropper’s remorse’ about the dropped player and have to use my waiver claim to pick him back up. Am I the only idiot to do this? The player I dropped and immediately regretted was Greg Allen in a 5 of league.

• Like 1

I despise slow drafts. I joined a random new Dynasty on Fantrax. Then the draft started and was told it was a slow draft. The commissioner is giving up to 8 hours per pick. 8!!!! It was supposed to start at 5pm Sunday, but the #1 pick apparently forgot he signed up. So then the commish put it on hold until we got a replacement. It started on 8am on Monday. We are not even through round 5, 50 hours later. There are 50 rounds. My last pick in round 4 was 21 hours ago!!!! He said that he will lessen the time soon, but this is still ridiculous. Never again with the slow draft.

3 minutes ago, laracco said:

I despise slow drafts. I joined a random new Dynasty on Fantrax. Then the draft started and was told it was a slow draft. The commissioner is giving up to 8 hours per pick. 8!!!! It was supposed to start at 5pm Sunday, but the #1 pick apparently forgot he signed up. So then the commish put it on hold until we got a replacement. It started on 8am on Monday. We are not even through round 5, 50 hours later. There are 50 rounds. My last pick in round 4 was 21 hours ago!!!! He said that he will lessen the time soon, but this is still ridiculous. Never again with the slow draft.

They should be starting in like early February if you're doing 50 rounds... at this rate you'll be missing the first month of the season!

6 hours ago, mtblock said:

Joined a league that counts XBHs only, and no HRs. Runs aren't a category. Solo HRs are no different than a double with a guy on 3rd. It's going to be a rough year. 

You a masochist?

12 minutes ago, laracco said:

My two dynasty mini slow re-drafts drafts were 1 hour per pick and we emailed and messaged the person next in line as soon as the current pick went up.  People not being able to use the cell phone app at work sent in lists in order of preference to the commish.  Things went through pretty much smooth as silk.  Only a few times did the one hour run out.  You just need the right commish to herd the cats is all.  Eight hours per pick means you got the wrong commish for the job unfortunately.