Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

I feel like this fantasy season sucks. The injuries are endless.  Everyday a new player goes down.  I just can't enjoy the season I'm having to find a new player for some position every single week.  It's really sucking the fun out of it.

• Like 1

Astros are showing all the signs of a hoarder. Their farm system has a lot of high ranked talent yet no openings at the major league level stagnates the system. Kyle Tucker should either be promoted or traded. Tucker is batting 100 this year since he really has nothing to play for unless he wants to go to the AAA hall of fame. Yordan Alvarez is bombing it. yet he apparently has no way to the majors either. AJ Lee, Singleton, Derek Fisher are other once high buzz prospects that never got a real chance. The Astros would rather waste talent in the minors than make trades that might let their kids break out elsewhere. Whitley seems to have been a prospect for years yet he is still just a prospect and will prolly still be one next year and maybe longer. Houston won a recent World Series so it is hard to dislike them. However I am avoiding Astros majors and minors until they start showing that their best players can earn jobs. I would love to pick up Yordan Alvarez he is raking and 1B is aging as a position in fantasy. 

Posted (edited)

Might has well come here and vent: I have Sanchez Bregman,Shaw Castellanos with the dread day to day designation. I don't even know how to make my lineup out tonight

Edited by Trexpenniebaker
spell correction

I have: Mike Clevinger & Gary Sanchez

He has:  Jurickson Profar & Dan Vogelbach

Fun week.

19 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

I have: Mike Clevinger & Gary Sanchez

He has:  Jurickson Profar & Dan Vogelbach

Fun week.

I have Dahl, Bregman.

He has Vogelbutt and Kris Davis.

Fun week.

• Like 1

Carrasco, Happ, Miley ... I suck at drafting pitchers. 😡

My ratios look disgusting after Yonny Chirinos 😡

If there's one thing I aim for in roto, it's nice ratios. He's about to get hate-dropped.

So...every single starting pitcher in baseball sucks this year.

Did not expect this...wouldn’t have bothered drafting any starters.  Full middle relievers and closers.

• Like 1

Thank God I found this thread.

I have: Carrasco, Paxton, Pivetta, Nola.

Fun week(s).

we have 3 Dl spots and 1 NA slot in my dynasty league. I have Sanchez, McMahon, Trae, Jup, Jeffress, Lester, Sano all on DL. Adell, Robert, Keston, Wander Franco as my NA. I cant even field a team right now. Still hoping someone gets healthy sometime this month. Jeffress would be my most cuttable guy but he always seems this close to coming back before Lucy pulls that dang football away.

UGH!! Some numbskull dropped Matt Chapman in one of my leagues I was #2 on waiver priority list, hoping maybe #1 waiver wouldn't notice it.  Of course I missed out. smh

On 4/11/2019 at 5:25 PM, MrBrown said:

I feel like this fantasy season sucks. The injuries are endless.  Everyday a new player goes down.  I just can't enjoy the season I'm having to find a new player for some position every single week.  It's really sucking the fun out of it.

I know the feeling from a couple of seasons ago. It defied all odds.  Every week I would lose someone and then my replacement would go down like clockwork. Makes for a brutal year.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

UGH!! Some numbskull dropped Matt Chapman in one of my leagues I was #2 on waiver priority list, hoping maybe #1 waiver wouldn't notice it.  Of course I missed out. smh

That is not that crazy in your 4 team league. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

That is not that crazy in your 4 team league. 

Try again. Whats crazy is you thinking Paxton was starting last night for the Yankees when he had just started Wednesday vs the Astros. LOL

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Try again. Whats crazy is you thinking Paxton was starting last night for the Yankees when he had just started Wednesday vs the Astros. LOL

Try what? Chapman should not be dropped in a competitive league. You know this. 

If, I wrote Paxton I had to be thinking of Corbin. I mix those two up 

* I did ... 😆 

Edited by shakestreet
  • Like 2

9th guy goes on the DL today. 2 guys are "dtd"....next highest gjy has 3 guys on the DL. you have to be kidding me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cesare13 said:

9th guy goes on the DL today. 2 guys are "dtd"....next highest gjy has 3 guys on the DL. you have to be kidding me.

Thought mine was bad with 7

Stanton, Upton, Andujar, Odor, Clevinger, Martinez, and Morrow.

Image result for i'm dead inside gif 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Try what? Chapman should not be dropped in a competitive league. You know this. 

If, I wrote Paxton I had to be thinking of Corbin. I mix those two up 

* I did ... 😆 

That might be why I called the person a numbskull and was annoyed I missed out on getting him..DERP! Wacky decisions get made sometimes, mistake drops happen too.  Alcohol may have been involved.

And yea I could see how someone who knows a lot about the game would confuse Paxton and Corbin...  Especially one who's a "Yankees fan".. name the 5 yankees starters..."well uh theres Tanaka, Corbin..." lolll

I have both Carson Smith and Zack Eflin..I started Eflin and benched Smith because of the teams they were facing and...

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Thought mine was bad with 7

Stanton, Upton, Andujar, Odor, Clevinger, Martinez, and Morrow.

Image result for i'm dead inside gif 

I feel you buddy. I’m scared to look at boxscores,for fear of yet another injury.  I just dropped a good player that i didn’t want to drop and the next injury could force me to drop a would be starter.😤

Edited by Cesare13
  • Like 1

was hoping that, after about a 10 year stretch, this would be the year the tide would turn on me always losing close matchups coming into Sunday.

But apparently this is not the year.  so frustrating

I have stripling he has Marquez. For some dumb reason CG is a stat. Both enter the 9th with 88 pitches. He gets a CG I don’t. Raging hard right now. 

A different odd rant - I'm sitting on the #1 waiver in multiple leagues and the best types of players getting dropped is Darvish lol

Welp my staff is a complete dumpster fire so far. Gonna be a long year at this rate.