Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

I was excited when I drafted Turner, Freeman, Blackmon and Nola in rounds 1-4. Now I’m 2nd to last place.

Posted (edited)

So yesterday I picked up Mitch garver with the expectation of starting him because  starting Cs usually sit on Sundays. Instead Grandal plays so I put Garver on the bench. Dude goes 2 for 3. Today Grandal sits, and Garver hits leadoff.

About to go 0 for 5 whille Grandal gets in the game and gets a hit and a run on my bench. garver didn't get ball out of IF. maybe I will get lucky and the Twins will pinch hit for him to spare me that extra 0fer.

Edited by papasmurf

This is a nightmare. My pitchers are consistently getting a double digits ERA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scaramanga said:

This is a nightmare. My pitchers are consistently getting a double digits ERA.

My team ERA is nearly 6. I've never had it this high three weeks into the season.

It seems offense is up this year. Only 3 out of 16 teams in my league has an ERA below 4.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, papasmurf said:

My team ERA is nearly 6. I've never had it this high three weeks into the season.

It seems offense is up this year. Only 3 out of 16 teams in my league has an ERA below 4.

I had nearly 30IP today and have a 7.6 ERA. What in the name of f--- is going on this year. My pitching staff is an absolute dumpster fire. 

I hate that the search function doesn't work at mlb.com/video

Trying to find highlights or bloopers to share is next to impossible right now.

Sale, Nola, Kluber as my starting 1-2-3. The envy of my league. Be careful what you wish for.

10 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I absolutely loathe pitching right now. 

im right there with you on this.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2019 at 3:49 AM, BMcP said:

So...every single starting pitcher in baseball sucks this year.

Did not expect this...wouldn’t have bothered drafting any starters.  Full middle relievers and closers.

I drafted Dellin Betances, Josh James and Andrew Miller for some quality middle reliever ratios and K's.  I'll let you guess how that's working out!

Edited by AHF
  • Haha 1

After that first week of the season has anybody had a single pitcher pitch a QS?  I somehow won a match-up last week while earning my first (and only) QS on Sunday and this is a team with deGrom, Thor, Marquez, Morton, Pivetta.

Posted (edited)

I'm seriously about to go catcherless. I hate doing that but I didn't end up drafting any of the top 3 or 4 catchers, so I've been running out one spare after another.  I also gave Astudillo a try but that isn't working either.  at least not yet.  But seriously, it's just a wasted roster space. I could make better use with an extra RP to help ratios.

Edited by DFWSooner

39 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

I'm seriously about to go catcherless. I hate doing that but I didn't end up drafting any of the top 3 or 4 catchers, so I've been running out one spare after another.  I also gave Astudillo a try but that isn't working either.  at least not yet.  But seriously, it's just a wasted roster space. I could make better use with an extra RP to help ratios.

I think it’s better to stream than take a 0.   You can stream your way into 20 HR, 130 R+RBI and a .250 average pretty easily in daily transaction leagues by playing matchups. 

5 minutes ago, bluefrogguy said:

I think it’s better to stream than take a 0.   You can stream your way into 20 HR, 130 R+RBI and a .250 average pretty easily in daily transaction leagues by playing matchups. 

True, and I don't plan on going catcherless all year.  I'm just seeing one pitcher after another being snatched off the wavier wire while not getting anything from the Catcher position and it's driving me nuts. I'll probably hold out a little longer, but catchers just suck nowdays.  Remember the old days when Pudge and Piazza were first rounders?  Yes, I'm getting old.

10!!!! players hit the DL (3 dropped out of necessity).  My ace is the cherry on top that got me to double digits today.  10 is one thing,but all at the same time? If you’re not going to give me a chance, at least let someone else get an injury or 2. grrrrrrrrr.

Assuming Turner is hurt, that will be my entire IF besides Freeman on the shelf

Guess who my replacement for pivetta was.

Fml...that’s twice I’ve been here in an hour.

20 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Going against Bundy today.  Because why not?

That reverse jinx worked instantly 

But going up against Minor sure did suck.  And I fully expect Maeda to pitch a complete game shutout as well.  

Fried, Musgrove, and Boyd all throw gems for me and none earn a win while my opponent's Aaron Sanchez pitches poorly and gets a win

ok

Drafting Odor over Moncada...

HAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAA

• Like 1