Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

Posted (edited)

disagree on punting c. 

I am punting c on 75% ish teams.

have a couple cheap shares of yadi and one share of jt real out of 10 leagues added jansen with free add

if I lose Ik for a fact its not because of catcher. 

the 1-3 runs/rbis hasn't been a problem this early in the year.

talking h2h 

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 2

Trea Turner HBP pitch trying to bunt

Cody Bellinger HBP to the knee (luckily more durable than Skyrim guard)

Yoan Moncada hit in the head via throw

ok I think it’s  time to employ full body armor...

48 minutes ago, Heroebal said:

Trea Turner HBP pitch trying to bunt

Cody Bellinger HBP to the knee (luckily more durable than Skyrim guard)

Yoan Moncada hit in the head via throw

ok I think it’s  time to employ full body armor...

I wanna vent about this vent.  That’s brutal.  Bellinger is having an absolute monster season and he’s missed 1 game from that  Moncada might be the best value pick of the year and his tests came back clean. MAYBE he’ll miss a game. This belongs on a “rejoice”thread.

My gut told me bench Happ, researched some more and started him. Meanwhile Carrasco is on my bench and strikes out the side in the 1st.   😫

Of course I have to face Carrasco during by far his best start.  F-ing of course

Short story: Pivetta is demoted to the Minors, I have no NA slots in my league so I decide to drop him to pick up Pineda, both because of today's match-up with the Blue Jays and for the weak division.

Naturally he gets blasted today.

Smh.

I have 6 freaking RBIs this week in a league with MI, CI and 4 OF. My first 5 picks were Arenado, Stanton, Story, Bellinger and Abreu. 🤬

At the last minute I decided I'd pick up Michael Pineda for a spot start. Literally at the last minute before first pitch. Now my ERA is sitting at a nifty 8:14 to him and Nola.

I had to step away from my computer during draft for a few minutes to help my son with something.  Somehow I ended up with Posey on auto-draft with Grandal still on the board 🤬

tried to triple down after 2 disastrous streams of Peralta and matz with Pineda.  18 runs in 4 innings and now I’m scared to start anyone...ever.  Of course everyone else is pitching 1hit gems.

9 hours ago, KarlJ. said:

I had to step away from my computer during draft for a few minutes to help my son with something.  Somehow I ended up with Posey on auto-draft with Grandal still on the board 🤬

Next year, you'll know to queue up players if you need to step away from fantasy drafts...

15 hours ago, KarlJ. said:

5 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Next year, you'll know to queue up players if you need to step away from fantasy drafts...

Or you’ll learn to ignore your son.😜

seriously though, what platform had posey higher  than grandal?

• Haha 1

Finally decided to sit Rizzo until he starts hitting. Two categories I have to win to have any chance of winning this week are BBs and triples. Rizzo's first 3 ABs, 2 BBs and a triple. Lol. Of course.

• Haha 1

Started both Eduardo Rodriguez and Anibal Sanchez in a Quality Start league...Absoulute circus 6th innings causing them to lose out on QS. Then the scrub that comes in with bases loaded after they yank Anibal, proceeds to plunk his first batter faced with a first pitch change up just to twist the knife.

22 hours ago, Del Rio said:

Really sick of going against Yelich this week

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

WHAT A STUPID GAME!

Gleyber Torres has a 3 run shot..I desperately need those RBIs..overturned WHY..WHY.  Alex Gordon needs to make a spectacular catch.  Fan sticks out his hands to catch a ball that has forward momentum.  It wasn't a lazy fly ball.  So stupid. Pause the game 3 minutes to overturn a HR.  A catch is a catch.  Stupid.

Edit: you can tell the  ball was too high to be caught and is landing at an angle proving momentum was behind the wall.  Stupid.

Edited by KingJoffrey

Posted (edited)

Gennett

Upton

Olson

Judge

Marte

.....all on one team. Is that bad?

p.s. - also have Seager who might as well be on the IL. FML. 

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie

Paul, you're allowed to do more than just hit the occasional HR.  It's not unheard of for an elite player to actually get hits...

Nice start to the day today, starting off 1-10 with a run scored.  Awesome after going a combined 13-73 with 1 HR in the last two days... 🤮

On 4/18/2019 at 10:21 PM, Del Rio said:

Really sick of going against Yelich this week

4 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Gennett

Upton

Olson

Judge

Marte

.....all on one team. Is that bad?

p.s. - also have Seager who might as well be on the IL. FML. 

Judge makes it 11 for me.  This is insane and i feel your pain.  Ive had to drop a bunch of guys that "the luckies" will benefit from.

• Like 1

I just want to say that ESPN's new UI redesign is absolutely atrocious for basically any browser this year. Makes my computer and my phone run like complete crap while on it. Who thought this redesign was a good idea? It looks terrible. And the ESPN app is currently down, and seems to be funky when it comes to connections.

• Like 1