Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

12 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

April weather sucks.

Pitching sucks.

Good hitters aren't hitting.

Fantasy baseball not fun right now.

Fantasy baseball is a marathon. Don’t sweat it, it’ll turn around. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Fantasy baseball is a marathon. Don’t sweat it, it’ll turn around. 

Stretches that are infuriating unfortunately seem to be more frequent over the last season or so.  This season is almost completely upside down.

You aren't wrong about it being a marathon though.  It's just a matter of when the next time you want to throw your laptop happens, but it is what it is.  Not going to stop playing just because this season has been a total mess (and last season to a lesser extent).

The last 6 days have been a prime example.  2 absolutely dreadful days of offense for me team, then it turned it around for 3 days with some solid enough lines, and now I've started the night 2-21 (actually was 0-13 at one point).  I get it's early, but a team like mine that has an overall very strong group of hitters shouldn't have this many dreadful days in a given week.

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Like 2

2-29 now.  It's amazing how they just keep getting out...

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Stretches that are infuriating unfortunately seem to be more frequent over the last season or so.  This season is almost completely upside down.

You aren't wrong about it being a marathon though.  It's just a matter of when the next time you want to throw your laptop happens, but it is what it is.  Not going to stop playing just because this season has been a total mess (and last season to a lesser extent).

The last 6 days have been a prime example.  2 absolutely dreadful days of offense for me team, then it turned it around for 3 days with some solid enough lines, and now I've started the night 2-21 (actually was 0-13 at one point).  I get it's early, but a team like mine that has an overall very strong group of hitters shouldn't have this many dreadful days in a given week.

What place are you in? Somehow my team is at the bottom of every offensive statistic. Lowest runs, doubles and highest K’s and errors. Avg and OPS in the bottom 5 yet somehow I’m in 3rd. Which tells me other teams are struggling just as bad or worse than I am. I did just get Lindor back but I still can’t figure out what is up with this team. Somethings got to give.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hatfieldodger said:

What place are you in? Somehow my team is at the bottom of every offensive statistic. Lowest runs, doubles and highest K’s and errors. Avg and OPS in the bottom 5 yet somehow I’m in 3rd. Which tells me other teams are struggling just as bad or worse than I am. I did just get Lindor back but I still can’t figure out what is up with this team. Somethings got to give.

6th in a 12 team league.  Unlike last season where my team underperformed to an extent offensively but still managed to finish high in offense (offense had to be down as a whole last season), this season so many players that are average players are rolling along like they are all J.D. Martinez, while J.D. Martinez sits at 4 HR's and 10 RBI's.  That doesn't seem that bad until you consider the fact that Tommy La Stella has 6 HRs and 12 RBIs and guys like Alex Gordon and Dansby Swanson have over 20 RBIs.  I'm dreadful in HRs and RBIs right now because of crap like that.

I actually got Lindor back too.  That'll help eventually.  At least Victor Robles showed up, hitting a 3-run double and stealing 2 bases so far.  And, tonight notwithstanding, thank god I drafted Pete Alonso.

Edited by KilloWertz

Posted (edited)

3-39 tonight

Have already dealt with injuries from Lindor and Lester. Still have Turner and Meadows on the IL and now Dozier sitting out game. 

Mallex Smith shi**ing the bed and now hitting 8th. Sums up my week

Edited by BustHerPosey

10 hours ago, AngryBeavers said:

Shaw on my bench this week... i could use those 3 hrs.. and wheeler deals but Maeda undoes his good...

I'll add to this

Traded Shaw this past weekend and playing that team this week....

On 4/10/2019 at 12:56 AM, Idoolittle said:

18 roster spots (12 starters) with 1 IL slot and the following out:

- Severino (6+ weeks)
- T. Turner (4-6 weeks?)
- Vlad (2-3 weeks away maybe?)
- Ryu... Had to drop when he went down and needed a bat with Turner out.

Update: Add Austin Meadows, Clint Frazier to this list. So I'm currently only using 14/18 of my active roster spots, and that's with a drop and using up the IL slot. At least Vlad is being called up shortly.

Facing one of the better teams in the league who has three 2-start pitchers, luckily, two of them get rocked on first day this week.  Today is my day to catch up on pitching stats with Taillon, Nola and Tanaka pitching.  No wins, 5.71 ERA, K/9 awful, WHIP being dominated.  Damnit.

Posted (edited)

Missed kieboom by 5 minutes today. 15 team

Edited by zstlj
Ahdj

Offered Quintana & Eloy for German Marquez.... was turned down .... counter offer - Marquez for Paxton ....

• Confused 1

Vlad sucks

My offense continues to be a tease.  A good day or two, then an awful day, then a good day, and now two awful days in a row.  My batting average was fine yesterday, but now tonight I'm currently 5-31, and have combined stats of 2 Runs, 1 HR, and 2 RBI's yesterday and today.  Oy vey...

Of course Miggy’s on my bench going 4/5 with a dinger while C. Santana puts up an 0’fer.  Guess I should be pleased by the fact that he’s alive now, at least. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, 80version said:

Of course Miggy’s on my bench going 4/5 with a dinger while C. Santana puts up an 0’fer.  Guess I should be pleased by the fact that he’s alive now, at least. 

You’re still holding onto Miggy?

Edited by mehtavg2000

I should just make this thread my homepage with the way my offense continues to infuriate...

Marcell Ozuna goes 2-4 with a HR and 5 RBIs.  My team for the day is 5-27 with 1 HR and 6 RBIs.  WTF!?

34 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Cole Tucker and the rest of the Pirates' lineup, what a bunch of ******** morons

There, that's a bit more accurate...

They are the ones that cost Musgrove another win a lot more than Hurdle.

18 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

There, that's a bit more accurate...

They are the ones that cost Musgrove another win a lot more than Hurdle.

This is the Vent & Rant thread. Your logic isn't welcome here

When the f-ck is Lou Trivino back!?

I hate catchers and relief pitchers 

let’s go Machado