Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

Man ppl keep bringing it to me in my league. I currently have the highest fantasy points scored for my league at 1540. But you know what else is highest for me? Points allowed at 1604! 200 pts higher than any other team in my league so far. 

I’ve faced the highest score for our 1st scoring week, then 2 3rd’s, and now the highest scorer again for this week.

10 hours ago, Del Rio said:

This is the Vent & Rant thread. Your logic isn't welcome here

My bad.  I'll likely be back in here again going back to the thread's purpose because my hitters start off 5-35 again or something like that anyways...

• Like 1

Pick up Jorge Polanco cuz he’s on fire. 2/13 against Baltimore and tanks my avg/ops. Opponent picks up Luke Voit. As of right now 7/14 6 rbis. Also he has eflin and we count cg for some reason. This is the 3rd time in 4 weeks my opponent has one. No one else in the league has lost this category. I’m 0-3-1 kill me now 

Just received Rendon in a trade Friday. Saw he played that day and figured he was good to go. 😤

Domingo German, you piece of f'n dog excrement. Just lost me the week. Have to rage drop him for that pathetic display. 

• Haha 1

Benched my SPs to protect ERA & WHIP leads.  Reynaldo Lopez & Matthew Boyd.

Don't you wish you could bank starts for the following week?

2 hours ago, 89Topps said:

Benched my SPs to protect ERA & WHIP leads.  Reynaldo Lopez & Matthew Boyd.

Don't you wish you could bank starts for the following week?

Ouch. I’m on the other side and was extremely lucky to pick up and stream Reynaldo and Bassitt today. 

Too many short-term thinkers here. I haven't won my league in nearly a quarter century--longer than most of you have probably been alive. Because the league pre-dates automated stat services, we can only pick up free agents every few weeks--so you can't do well simply by being more active than other managers, and a simultaneous rash of injuries will decimate your team. I have a gift for taking players for the worst year of their career. Last year it was Altuve, the prior year it was Correa. This year I made sure to draft Sale and Shaw. Yay me. What's another year.

• Like 1

Offered Mazara for Hunter Dozier -- declined.  Alright.  

Oh, they've sent a counter-offer -- Dozier for...  Patrick Corbin???     

Yes, please let me trade you an ace for some dude that was plucked from FA a couple of weeks ago. 

Posted (edited)

Every effing pitcher I add gets blown up. Seriously ridiculous. Streaming has become 5x harder than it used to be.

Edited by Finisher
  • Like 1

gotta love Diaz coming into a tied game in the 9th and promptly gives up a homer to Winker. My theory is when a closer comes into a game he can't get a Save in he pitches like he wants the loss. The Mets have a freaking bullpen full of pitchers who love to give up runs let them do their job.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Joey Effffffffffffffffffffin Votto! $18

J. Upton $20

Kimbrel $22

1/4 of my total salary tied up in two dead players, and one on life support. Never owned Votto, wish that was still the case. Beyond useless!!!

Edited by LarryChip10
  • Like 1

"what are we doing with this guy"

"do we hold on to this guy or dump him"

"who are we looking at now"

"what are we expecting"

"should we cut bait"

"are we picking up "

O

M

G

• Like 3

We replaces me for bench coach forum grey area posts. we is not my team so not a bench coach term. We is a universe or at least the universe that wonders what to do with this guy we are complaining about for we rosters. Mallex Smith just got demoted to AAA so we have another NA guy now.

18 hours ago, hailfire4 said:

gotta love Diaz coming into a tied game in the 9th and promptly gives up a homer to Winker. My theory is when a closer comes into a game he can't get a Save in he pitches like he wants the loss. The Mets have a freaking bullpen full of pitchers who love to give up runs let them do their job.

I HATE when closers come in to pitch in non save situations. It never seems to end well

Danny Santana the 2nd hottest hitter on the team is sitting instead of foul Odor

My trash closer carousel of Minter, Jeffress and Robles have given me a paltry 5 saves on the year so far. A waste of 3 roster spots at this point. Anyone have any success punting saves entirely in h2h leagues?

my team slugged 174 yesterday after an atrocious sunday that cost me 2 points on my opponent. Add Corbin's worst start to the year and we are off to a great start for the week 😕

League drafted very early, before Paddack wowed ppl in the spring. If we drafted later I woulda taken Paddack instead of Lucchesi.

What a difference that woulda made.

My whole offense has been in a slump for the last 7 days. They're hitting a combined .211-41-9-28-1 in 280 ABs. Dear lord. 

8 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

League drafted very early, before Paddack wowed ppl in the spring. If we drafted later I woulda taken Paddack instead of Lucchesi.

What a difference that woulda made.

But if you had drafted later, what makes you think Paddack would have been available when you would have wanted to draft him?

10 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

But if you had drafted later, what makes you think Paddack would have been available when you would have wanted to draft him?

Who knows where he would have gone, but I just know I would have drafted him over Lucchesi. I wasn't a Luchessi fan due to his limited repetoire, but some experts ranked him high so I took him like 220 or something. Woulda reached for Paddack higher.

In another vent, on Sunday I benched Segura since he got beaned in the head. 3 hits.

Today in lineup, 0 for 4. Can't catch a break.