Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

40 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

My whole offense has been in a slump for the last 7 days. They're hitting a combined .211-41-9-28-1 in 280 ABs. Dear lord. 

Right there with you, although it's been longer than 7 days for me.  It's been too bad to even bother going back and actually counting over the last several days.  Actually had a relatively decent hitting day yesterday outside of getting 0 HR's, but the team is right back at it tonight going 7-47 right now with 2 HRs and.... 2 RBIs.  Robles and Eaton hit those two HRs hours ago, but nobody else could do much of anything outside of Ramirez and Lindor stealing a base each.  I knew it was going to be bad when I looked at my team after watching Bauer's game and say the first 4 guys went a combined 0-14.

Not even asking for much.  I don't need several days in a row with a bunch of HRs and counting stats.  I just want more than one day where I can actually say it was an enjoyable day of fantasy baseball...

• Like 1

If the balls are juiced is it possible they’re using different balls for my team? Hitters aren’t doing a damn thing. Another single digit hitting performance with 0 HR’s, 0 RBI’s and 2 Runs. Unreal. C’mon Voit, KeKe and Domingo salvage my night.

Nice of Realmuto to get a hit to up my hitters’ night to 1-for-31.

• Sad 1

That feeling when Leclerc ****s you again.  He just constantly ruins my pitching.

• Sad 2

On 4/29/2019 at 7:31 PM, hailfire4 said:

gotta love Diaz coming into a tied game in the 9th and promptly gives up a homer to Winker. My theory is when a closer comes into a game he can't get a Save in he pitches like he wants the loss. The Mets have a freaking bullpen full of pitchers who love to give up runs let them do their job.

Makes it even worse that he was unavailable for the inevitable save opportunity tonight.  Always seems to work that way.

1 hour ago, Slimzy17 said:

That feeling when Leclerc ****s you again.  He just constantly ruins my pitching.

Yeah I am done with this guy - coach can have all the confidence in him he wants because I have none.  Glad he could ruin my Paddack/Cole day.

I read from gazillions that Jose Leclerc just about the safest RP to draft... the guy was money. 

F U all 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shakestreet said:

I read from gazillions that Jose Leclerc just about the safest RP to draft... the guy was money. 

F U all 

Pitchers, especially relievers are just unreliable. You have a handful of guys you can count on, that's it. After that it's a crapshoot.

• Like 1

Hey let me drop Kennedy Sunday even though I'm desperate for saves.  I am the worst FAAB manager on the planet.  FML

biggest regrets so far this season, dropping McNeil for McMahon and not picking up Voit a few weeks ago when he was dropped. well i tried to pick him up but i couldn't decide who to drop for him and someone beat me to him by mere seconds!

My biggest regret so far is actually playing this season...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

And this will be my final post in this thread for quite a while.  Just traded for Snell a few days ago, today was his first start for me, and he's even worse than the underachieving pitchers I traded to help acquire him.  The horrible offense on a daily basis was bad enough, but that basically just broke me.  My team goes on autopilot for the time being.  It's just not worth worrying about right now...

was looking forward to today's twin bills as I have a lot of guys on those 4 teams on my 2 roto teams ...

MAKE IT STOP

3 for 41 so far between the 2 teams

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jb_power said:

was looking forward to today's twin bills as I have a lot of guys on those 4 teams on my 2 roto teams ...

MAKE IT STOP

3 for 41 so far between the 2 teams

Right there with you. Thankfully Villar did ok but the rest were brutal.

On 4/29/2019 at 9:18 AM, Raymanta said:

Too many short-term thinkers here. I haven't won my league in nearly a quarter century--longer than most of you have probably been alive. Because the league pre-dates automated stat services, we can only pick up free agents every few weeks--so you can't do well simply by being more active than other managers, and a simultaneous rash of injuries will decimate your team. I have a gift for taking players for the worst year of their career. Last year it was Altuve, the prior year it was Correa. This year I made sure to draft Sale and Shaw. Yay me. What's another year.

You haven’t won in a quarter century? Damn, that’s rough. Lol

IF there was a hate meter that read 1-10 with 10 being the most hate you could ever give to  someone .My Meter would  still read 11 on how much I hate having Y Puig on my team.

3 hours ago, DFWSooner said:

You haven’t won in a quarter century? Damn, that’s rough. Lol

I think this is actually going to be year 23, so almost. I've come close, though. For instance there was the year I lost on the final day because Cliff Lee decided to sit out his last start. Memories.

• Like 1

so disappointed in this.. did not see it coming. once he hit that bomb off hamels in spring training i said Corey Seager is  locked in .300 30hrs 90rbis 100r but not even close. Frustrating. Also annoying to spend a 5th round pick on him

My opponent hit 6HR and had 18 RBI last night. Second week in a row a team has gone bananas while facing me. 

6 hours ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

so disappointed in this.. did not see it coming. once he hit that bomb off hamels in spring training i said Corey Seager is  locked in .300 30hrs 90rbis 100r but not even close. Frustrating. Also annoying to spend a 5th round pick on him

Well, not for nothing, but spending a 5th round pick on a guy off of serious injury who was hardly tearing the cover off the ball before getting hurt was a dubious decision in the first place imo.  He likely will pick it up, but he may end up being nothing more than a marginal 12-15th ranked SS these days.  Mediocre power and no speed limits his upside.  SS is not really a thin position any more.

12 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Kluber 😡 

I have one deep keeper team with 7 guys on the DL now.

T. Turner

J. Upton

A. Hicks

M. Clevinger

C. Kluber

C. Frazier

J. Lowrie

And this despite just getting back C. Kershaw and R. Hill.  Never seen anything like it with all the injuries this year.

• Sad 1

I've hit a combined 7 home runs this past 1.5 weeks.  That includes having Boegarts, Goldy, Casty, Machado, Tatis, Acuna, Peralta, Conforto, Vogelbach.  My offense, which was supposed to be a strength has been terrible and my pitching led by Castillo, Fried, Soroka, and Smith was supposed to be terrible instead has been studly and keeping me afloat.