Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

17 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

My biggest regret so far is actually playing this season...

Fantasy baseball is a cruel mistress.

Turner, Stanton, Kluber, Olson.  Half my auction budget.   

• Sad 2

Another rant about the DL. Klubler broke his arm on Wednesday. However since the Indians are off Thursday he still is not on the DL. Is his arm going to be less broken tomorrow? WTF just put him on IL and be done with it. This waiting  until ur next game to start before officially putting the guy on IR is a pain since our whole league can snipe the few decent targets that may be available.

2 hours ago, vthunder said:

Turner, Stanton, Kluber, Olson.  Half my auction budget.   

Ouch.  THAT ladies and gentlemen is a legit rant. My condolenses

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Ouch.  THAT ladies and gentlemen is a legit rant. My condolenses

Team I needed pitching BADLY and have stacked offense.....traded Arenado/Madbum for Rendon/Kluber just this past Friday (Rendon had played that day). Rendon goes to IL, and of course Kluber fluke injury. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Team I needed pitching BADLY and have stacked offense.....traded Arenado/Madbum for Rendon/Kluber just this past Friday (Rendon had played that day). Rendon goes to IL, and of course Kluber fluke injury. 

Man, at least Arenado is slumpi.....Nevermind.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

and Puig with another 0-4 day... this guy is awful

Owned this turd in a keeper league from day one up until last year. Swore I'd never own him again because he's the most infuriating player ever. But somehow got sucked back in by that dip**** Paul Sporer. Very convincing case with him going to better ballpark, playing every day, middle of what seemed like a juicy lineup. Just did not want to miss out after owning him for so many years. NOPE. Same infuriating POS who will binge for a few weeks at the end of the year and stat pad.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, hailfire4 said:

Another rant about the DL. Klubler broke his arm on Wednesday. However since the Indians are off Thursday he still is not on the DL. Is his arm going to be less broken tomorrow? WTF just put him on IL and be done with it. This waiting  until ur next game to start before officially putting the guy on IR is a pain since our whole league can snipe the few decent targets that may be available.

Teams do this garbage all the time, like somehow it costs them money to put a guy on the DL so they wait to the last second so they can collect a few extra pennies of interest lol. You see it in Spring Training as well.  Guy will miss a month plus, but they wait til an hour before the first game to put him on the DL.  Even worse with the 60 day DL...they know a guy is going to miss multiple months (see Gregorius, Clevinger, etc.) and they sit around waiting until they need a 40 man roster spot to move the guy to the 60 day dl.   Why?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The guy I'm chasing for 1st in roto has hit on every one of the pitchers he drafted. BS. Another ace night from Glasnow... 😡

I guess I have to try to load up my offense.

Man did I have some sick keepers. Trea Turner, Mookie, JRam, Bryce, JD...

That and my innate ability to stream/bench all the wrong pitchers at all the wrong times (Wheeler and MKelly for their 7 BB outing, Matz & his 8 ER in the 1st) and I find myself planning for next year’s keepers already. 

I thought my team would be silly good with my keepers; Snell, Nola, Clevinger, Flaherty, Bregman, JoRam, and Betts. At soon to be 1-4 the joke is on me.

• Sad 1

Damn just missed out on Eickhoff. Owner did drop Flaherty for him and I have the #1 waver

******** injuries.... literally 6 of my 8 keepers have been or are currently injured. Stanton, donaldson, marte, rendon, pollock and soto... just got andujar back although im sure that wont last long. This year has been horrible to say the least..... 

Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2019 at 12:56 AM, Idoolittle said:

18 roster spots (12 starters) with 1 IL slot and the following out:

- Severino (6+ weeks)
- T. Turner (4-6 weeks?)
- Vlad (2-3 weeks away maybe?)
- Ryu... Had to drop when he went down and needed a bat with Turner out.

I also kind of screwed up drafting Muncy, who sits a lot against lefties. Not really a big deal with a healthy roster, but I drafted Vlad and Severino who I knew would be out for awhile so I probably should have picked a steadier player.

Good news is that I had a pretty strong roster to begin with, but it's going to be tough going for awhile likely getting in about 20 IP or so less than my opponents each week. 

On 4/24/2019 at 8:31 PM, Idoolittle said:

Update: Add Austin Meadows, Clint Frazier to this list. So I'm currently only using 14/18 of my active roster spots, and that's with a drop and using up the IL slot. At least Vlad is being called up shortly.

Add Soto...

So 7 significant guys out, 2 were expected when drafted (Severino, Vlad), and 2 had to be dropped. Currently have 4 on the IL at the moment (Severino, Meadows, Turner, Soto). Again, only 1 IL slot.

Edited by Idoolittle

I’m glad I was able to snag Chavis when he got the call, and he got 2B eligibility because the two guys I drafted in that spot (TRAvis SHaw, Jurickson Pr0far) are terrible. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Redsfan34 said:

I’m glad I was able to snag Chavis when he got the call, and he got 2B eligibility because the two guys I drafted in that spot (TRAvis SHaw, Jurickson Pr0far) are terrible. 

If only you had cracked the code prior to drafting!

Man I knew this day was coming. Taillon goes down with the ghost injury, Soto gets sent down to DL. GAHHHHHHHHH

Batting is f-ing 3/32 today and Brebbia, Parker, and MOTHER F-ING Nick Anderson blowing up my ERA.  And Bassitt dishing up homers to Bell.

YU.  That is all.