Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

10 hours ago, Caelum said:

11 hours ago, dkrocka said:

Why not just take Judge at 7 if you want him so bad? Like it's silly. 6 to 18 is soooooo interchangeable this year. 6 leagues is a lot dude, how do you keep up? I like 2, occasionally 3. And auction is a good way to get Judge on your roster.

like judge but like acuna and yelich more and couldnt pull the trigger

that's why I always do a couple auctions. made sure I eneded up with players I really want - trout Mookie acuna bregman vlad for one ha

2 RPs already down this year before it starts...Knebel and Betances. 

Hopefully Knebel can take over the closer role if he is out long. 

• Confused 1

Kicking myself for a draft pick.

I had 1 pick and then another one 2 picks later. so 1, x, x, 1.  I wanted to take Miguel Andujar with the 2nd of those picks.  He was still down the list a bit so I gambled.  I took Edwin Diaz who was near the top of the list.

I took Diaz and the next guy took Andujar.  I ended up with Jose Abreu with my next pick blehhh.  Prob should've gambled that the guy was going to take hitters.

6 hours ago, MrBrown said:

I had 1 pick and then another one 2 picks later. so 1, x, x, 1.  I wanted to take Miguel Andujar with the 2nd of those picks.  He was still down the list a bit so I gambled.  I took Edwin Diaz who was near the top of the list.

I took Diaz and the next guy took Andujar.  I ended up with Jose Abreu with my next pick blehhh.  Prob should've gambled that the guy was going to take hitters.

I'd say you lucked out on this one. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cesare13 said:

4.2 innings for kikuchi 91 pitches pulled with the lead. Grrrrr!

This will be the story all season long...he is a drop in qs leagues as he should have zero on the season

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Why?  You got the better player in Edwin Diaz.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Why?  You got the better player in Edwin Diaz.

True I just really wanted Andujar over Abreu.  Now in hindsight, I wonder if I passed on Diaz with the first pick, maybe the next guy (who had the next 2 picks before me) would've passed on him and I could've still got him.  But whatever I'll live with it.  Another draft tomorrow night.

My dynasty team is already in full injury crisis mode. Kershaw, Nelson, Luzardo, Didi, Olson and Scooter. Plus Josh James and Gohara lost their shot at rotation spots due to injury. And I’ve got Keuchel and Kimbrel unsigned. Hoskins, Marte, Carpenter and Upton have been banged up too this spring - they should be fine, but the way things are going, who knows.

This is quickly transforming into a rebuild year and it’s only March.

6 minutes ago, SpartyOn4 said:

My dynasty team is already in full injury crisis mode. Kershaw, Nelson, Luzardo, Didi, Olson and Scooter. Plus Josh James and Gohara lost their shot at rotation spots due to injury. And I’ve got Keuchel and Kimbrel unsigned. Hoskins, Marte, Carpenter and Upton have been banged up too this spring - they should be fine, but the way things are going, who knows.

This is quickly transforming into a rebuild year and it’s only March.

Yikes. You earned your rant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 Things.

1) Dallas Keuchel and his houdini act

2) A week between Japan games and the real Opening Day of baseball.

Baseball is The Great American Past Time....but seems we are selling it to Japan...

Why is opening day held in Japan at 5:30am est? I mean...the hell is that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It’s happening

20 team money I lose my round 6 pick Matt Olsen. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Knox said:

2 Things.

Baseball is The Great American Past Time....but seems we are selling it to Japan...

I think it was actually 5:30 EDT.

• Like 1

I already find myself behind the 8-ball to start the season. Early injuries to Olson and Gennett (after drafting Mallex Smith for steals) are sucking the fun out of fantasy baseball before it even begins. Lucky for me, I'm savvy as a mofo and still have no doubt I'll end up doing damage in my league. It never fails though. Three years ago it was Schwarber. Two years ago it was Dee Gordon. Last year it was Marte. I can't catch a break. There's nothing worse than having to deal with injuries before the season even starts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, shakestreet said:

It’s happening

20 team money I lose my round 6 pick Matt Olsen. 

12 team money, I lose my round 8 pick Scooter Gennett 

Damn 

This is a general rant but can we please just stop referring to having “shares” of a player? I’m referring mostly to “touts” and podcast hosts here - while I love Sleepwr and the Bust, Paul Sporer is the worst offender in this regard. Look - I get that a bunch of people have multiple teams but fantasy baseball is not akin to mutual fund investing. You get no benefit for having a great balanced portfolio across all of your leagues. You get benefit for actually winning teams. If you like a player just say - I like this guy to outperform his projections, or ADP or some other similar claim. The idea of shares to me places no importance on actual team construction / in season management / draft & auction strategy. What it does feel like is an easy way to say at the end of the season “see I liked that guy, had a bunch of shares of him.” Am I the only one who feels this way? <stepsoffsoapbox>

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2019 at 3:57 PM, Knox said:

2 Things.

Mariner fan in Seattle.  Nothing like "Opening Day" at 2:30 am.

I just DVRed it, avoided social media and watched it at noon, but still, not the same.

2 hours ago, 89Topps said:

Mariner fan in Seattle.  Nothing like "Opening Day" at 2:30 am.

I just DVRed it, avoided social media and watched it at noon, but still, not the same.

Yes, agreed.

Maybe I am old school and not up on the " in thing" now - but I remember being younger and opening day was a huge thing for me. I grew up in Detroit. Opening day was usually in the afternoon, like a 1pm start time. We'd be in school sneaking in a radio or the teacher would have opening day on the tv in classroom. Back when Tigers had Chet Lemon, Lou Whitaker, Alan Trammell, Lance Parrish, Jack Morris, Dan Petry, Kirk Gibson. Those were the days growing up, that I loved. A true opening day.

Now, MLB is chasing global affairs and money....at the expense of tradition ( imo ).

Posted (edited)

Damn it. It would be very helpful to the fantasy nuts 🥜 in the world if the major league teams would put the guys they know who will start the season on the DL or IL NOW LIKEYESTERDAY PRONTO 

Edited by shakestreet
  • Like 2

I just finished up a draft and decided to take my catcher in the last round of a 12-team draft.  I get to the catchers list and puzzled where they all are. Turns out these guys drafted 16 catchers in a 12-team league! SMDH!!!!

Getting sniped on the ww since i have so many guys waiting to go on IL...fantasy baseball is trash

• Like 5

Just now, Dr. Whom said:

Getting sniped on the ww since i have so many guys waiting to go on IL...fantasy baseball is trash

Absolutely!  I’m with you man.  Waiting on 3 guys to hit IL but in the meantime all the players that I wanted on the ww are all plucked. 

• Like 1

some bozo dropped senzel and I didn't catch it while I had a high waiver priority #1 or 2 I believe. (going to flood him with trades now. found the scrub atleast)

I gotta say, drafting in 5 OF, 12-team leagues this year sucks. The outfield depth sucks, and half the teams realize it and snipe the guys you're eyeing for your next pick. You're left drafting boring guys who you wanted nothing to do with.

• Haha 1