Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

Recommended Posts

Neck and neck with my opponent this week (likely going into tomorrow).  I have Caleb and Snell against his Perez and Strasburg.  I'm guessing 100% chance the Mets/Marlins game gets postponed tomorrow.  Such BS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all yonny does is give up HRs this year. k rate is trash too. more valuable to the rays than in fantasy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

Had to Google that one. That is haunting.  Makea my missing of Ryan Mcmahons 1 good game all year look not as bad.

 

Still gives me nightmares.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2019 at 4:44 AM, Overlord said:

Been a real tough year for me pitching wise ... I had a day back in April where Cobb gave up 9 earned runs in 2.2 innings while Cimber managed to allow four in .2 innings.  Nothing like the old 13 earned runs in 3.1 inning effort.

But I've become pretty immune to disastrous days over the years.  Though one in particular still haunts me. Many, many years ago in one of my first seasons playing online baseball, My first pick was a young right fielder coming off an absolutely monster season.  He proceeded to slump the first month and a half and I finally got pretty irritated and benched him.

That player?  Shawn Green.  And what day did I decide to bench him?  May 23, 2002. 

I remember that game. Lol.    Thanks for the laugh. I needed it after this week's performance.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my keeper league who only allows (3) IL spots and is a category H2H weekly league...

 

Altuve, Kluber, Glasnow, Taillon, Strop all being on the DL at the same time

with Soto & Meadows coming back this weekend

Olson coming back earlier this week

Pollock needing to be dropped as I can't keep all these guys in bench spots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man finally get ahead by 20pts last night. Looks like I got a decent shot at winning this week. He's got 1 start left as long as he doesn't pitch that well, my hitters beat his....maybe pick up a save or 2; it could happen.

 

Whelp Altuve's hurt, Carpenter gets a day off today, and my opponent picks up another start today with Godley.  I'm facing another topv3 scoring team as we're the top 2 scores so far this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Heroebal said:

Man finally get ahead by 20pts last night. Looks like I got a decent shot at winning this week. He's got 1 start left as long as he doesn't pitch that well, my hitters beat his....maybe pick up a save or 2; it could happen.

 

Whelp Altuve's hurt, Carpenter gets a day off today, and my opponent picks up another start today with Godley.  I'm facing another topv3 scoring team as we're the top 2 scores so far this week.

You should be thankful your opponent is starting Godley

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was going to win the IP and K categories in my league easily this week, probably W as well. Instead?

- McHugh to the pen

- Smith's start postponed

- Canning in a delay

And now I'll likely lose 5-6 instead of winning 8-3. Baseball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to rage drop Martin Perez. I'm in 1st place and he's going to cost me 2 cats this week. I can't have a loser like that on a championship contender. So thanks Martin on a job..done 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ComeSaleAway said:

Had to rage drop Martin Perez. I'm in 1st place and he's going to cost me 2 cats this week. I can't have a loser like that on a championship contender. So thanks Martin on a job..done 

Yup. I'm with you, knew as soon as I picked him up he'd become a hr machine. The data shows that other than that cutter, he sucks. I hoped I could catch lightning in a bottle but whatever

 

All pitchers suck

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Perez - he had Dixon struck out on a called strike three before allowing that solo shot.  I’m not going to fault anyone for allowing a homer to Castellanos.  That move may come back to haunt you guys calling him a “loser.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

On Perez - he had Dixon struck out on a called strike three before allowing that solo shot.  I’m not going to fault anyone for allowing a homer to Castellanos.  That move may come back to haunt you guys calling him a “loser.”

 

Yeah that pitch was clearly a strike.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on, stop babying Snell.  I doubt they were going to score for him since they've made Tanaka look like the best pitcher in baseball today, but still, he was only at 96 pitches.  Pitchers need to throw 100+ pitches at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BMcP said:

You should be thankful your opponent is starting Godley

 

Yeah but he has Ryu going also, it was already scary as it was. Any points Godley gets is bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Down by 8 with the 2nd highest point total of the week.  Need a 3 run jack by Contreras to win.  Of course it would likely be a moot point had Caleb not gotten rained out.  Lost because of weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FritzLn said:

Yup. I'm with you, knew as soon as I picked him up he'd become a hr machine. The data shows that other than that cutter, he sucks. I hoped I could catch lightning in a bottle but whatever

 

All pitchers suck

 

What I have been saying all year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lost avg and my first week this year thanks to Robles 0/1 pinch hit appearance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

In my keeper league who only allows (3) IL spots and is a category H2H weekly league...

 

Altuve, Kluber, Glasnow, Taillon, Strop all being on the DL at the same time

with Soto & Meadows coming back this weekend

Olson coming back earlier this week

Pollock needing to be dropped as I can't keep all these guys in bench spots

Haha, I'm dropping Pollock from my full 3 man IL tonight too because it's full and I need to DL Glasnow to pick up a SP off the wire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ouch! Lost 10 pts yesterday. Hitting I was 9/47 with 1 HR, 15K’s and 1 E. Pitching I was 0-2 with  9.95 ERA, 2.05 whip with a Blown Save. Was in 2nd place dropped down to 4th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just coming in here because I need to scream.  Because fantasy baseball....

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

going up against 92 inn of 2.74 era 0.98 whip 114 k's. 

 

Going up against 99 innings of 1.81 ERA, 0.91 WHIP, and 95 Ks when you have 2.84 ERA, 1.06 WHIP, and 87 Ks...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cards relievers just ain't so good. Not even sure who is the worstester of the group Leone, Cecil, Taylor can blow any lead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 team keeper league....

Drafted Josh Bell and Soroka. Hit with injuries early on and dropped Bell instead of Braun. Dropped Soroka when he was sent down to the minors. Added Chavis when he got the call but dropped him 4 days later to add pitching to win my weekly matchup. 

 

Oh what could have been...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...