Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

Well, I only won 8-5 last week. Should have been 10-5 but F'n Kris Bryant in his final AB cost me 2 points. So to please the Fantasy lord of light clearly someone needs to be sacrificed for this transgression. Step right up Shin Soo Choo...he of his empty everything and 2 plus K's per night.  RIP Shinny, you worthless piece of dog doo doo. My team thanks you for your sacrifice. 

• Haha 1

When I had plenty of time to add Hiura, and when I finally figure out who to drop he was gone in both leagues (one a bit of a shock, the other not as much).

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Coming off a 9-2-1 win last week and off to a dreadful start this week thanks to Berrios. Gonna be hard to get my ratios recovered. Additionally, my opponent is off to a fast start. Fantasy baseball is a fickle beast.

Damn missed out on Senzel, Hiura, Mercado, Nicki Lopez and La Stella. At least I have Yordan Alvarez sitting in my NA spot but I sure would like to have a shiny new toy to brag about.

I give you a venting with an Anti-Rant:

1st Pick:  Manny

2nd Pick: JD

3rd Pick: Charlie

4rth Pick: Vlad

Today I achieved inner peace for this fantasy baseball season for the first time.

19 hours ago, ToO_BaD said:

When I had plenty of time to add Hiura, and when I finally figure out who to drop he was gone in both leagues (one a bit of a shock, the other not as much).

giphy.gif

this s--- is chess, not checkers. you shouldve had that stuff figured out already 😂

Posted (edited)

Still early but in a keep 10 league, traded George Springer and Bo Bichette for Manny Machado back in early March.

A guy in my league tried for weeks to pry Vlad Jr away from me; wouldnt budge. Finally got the above offer and as much as I hated it, still accepted.

These past couple weeks have not been fun when I see the Astros' boxscore.

Edited by Gryfter

5 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

Still early but in a keep 10 league, traded George Springer and Bo Bichette for Manny Machado back in early March.

A guy in my league tried for weeks to pry Vlad Jr away from me; wouldnt budge. Finally got the above offer and as much as I hated it, still accepted.

These past couple weeks have not been fun when I see the Astros' boxscore.

Whod ya get for vlad?

20 hours ago, ToO_BaD said:

giphy.gif

Ugh, I feel your pain on this. It happened to me once, so since then I set up the add and drop I want and book mark it. That way, I'm not guessing at the critical moment. It landed me Tatis, Hiura and Riley so far this year.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Whod ya get for vlad?

Vlad is still on my team.

The guy did offer Alex Bregman, 1 for 1. 

Edited by Gryfter

Posted (edited)

You know you can't buy very many wins when you pick up Jalen Beeks and he doesn't even get a win because he only goes 3 innings in a 1-0 game, being pulled after the 4th inning.  Why even do the opener thing and have him be the bulk guy if you aren't even going to let him pitch into the 5th inning in the game tonight?

I have 18 Wins all season so far.  18....

Edited by KilloWertz

Ugh Marquez Erod and Iglesias. Total suckage. Eff you losers!!!!!!

• Like 1

Ignore my post I guess.  Beeks got credit for the win.  I thought a pitcher had to pitch the 5th inning, but I guess that only applies to starters.  My bad, but I've rarely had the guys pitching after an opener on my team.

Got drunk last night.. hungover and forgot to set my lineup today before the first game of double header yanks/O's and Domingo German sits on my bench tonight.. pitches a GEM .. 7ip 8k 1r ball   ..  damn u tequila!!

I finally had a really good, balanced offense and pitching staff and started chipping away at the 1st place guys lead...now I face a a guy with many of my best players playing 5 games this week and he has Thor, Sale and Morton all on 2 starts.  Getting killed 9-1, this one is gonna hurt.  

Olson homering from my bench while dozier slumps... one time i went with olson he K'ed 3x.

I'm done picking up prospects. When I don't chase shiny new toys like this piece of sh*t hump Hiura, I win. When I do I am rewarded with the Senzel and Hiura's of the world. F'n losers.  

*and I'm sure they will be fine players but unlike most fantasy baseball players I'm in the league to win and not just accumulate potential talent. 

The As scored 17 runs? HOT DAMN LET'S CHECK THE BOX SCORE TO SEE HOW CLEANUP KHRIS DAVIS FEASTED!!

• Haha 1

Nothing sucks more then home teams turn  1 to 3 run  leads into 4 runs or more leads in the bottom of the 8th inning when you own that teams closer.

• Like 1

Had to start 5 closers this week in H2H because of SP injurys or bad matchups

Saves so far

Colome-2

Giles-0

Hicks- 0

Vazquez- 0

Holland- 0

That warm fuzzy feeling when you don't need to stress about who to drop when a player comes off the IL. You've got plenty of other IL guys you can swap in.

• Haha 1