Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

F'n other managers! My POS opponent, who happens to be the guy who served as best man in my wedding, refuses to roll over and die for me this week. So sick of these other dickbags trying to win MY league! Don't they know this is my year?! 

• Haha 3

On 5/15/2019 at 8:23 AM, Gryfter said:

Vlad is still on my team.

The guy did offer Alex Bregman, 1 for 1. 

Breg for Vlad 1 for 1?!?! Yikes. Should’ve jumped all over that. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Breg for Vlad 1 for 1?!?! Yikes. Should’ve jumped all over that. 

At the time I was trying to get Acuna or some other top 10 OF bat.

Also, I remembered incorrectly, he wanted Springer and Vlad for Bregman.

Edited by Gryfter
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, SheikYerbuti said:

That warm fuzzy feeling when you don't need to stress about who to drop when a player comes off the IL. You've got plenty of other IL guys you can swap in.

That’s “wtf?!” Feeling you get when looking at other teams and seeing perfect health.

So many times this season while I’m jacking around trying to figure out who to drop for a player, someone else in my league sneaks in and beats me to him! I’ve missed out on Meadows, Voit and Buxton because I couldn’t make up my freaking mind!

2 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

So many times this season while I’m jacking around trying to figure out who to drop for a player, someone else in my league sneaks in and beats me to him! I’ve missed out on Meadows, Voit and Buxton because I couldn’t make up my freaking mind!

Feel, at least recently.  Missed out on Willie Calhoun's first two great games because I couldn't decide who to drop, and then when I got back and finally did he had gotten picked up.  Didn't even realize it until I tried to actually pick him up finally and it said he wasn't available...

Posted (edited)

I just traded Charlie Blackmon, Clint Frazier, and Nicky Lopez for George Springer and Brandon Brennan. And Springer goes down the first day on my team.

Edited by nlm

33 minutes ago, ComeSaleAway said:

Mitch Haniger is a barely rosterable hump. There I said it! 

HA!!! Javy Baez is a barely rosterable hump....

(Let's see if that works...)

I thought when my keepers were Bauer, Snell, Soto, Benintendi, JD, Arenado, Goldy and Lindor I would be pretty much unbeatable.  Hasn't worked out that way.  Benintendi, Soto, Goldy and Bauer have all underperformed and Lindor and Snell were hurt for a little.  Goldy outside of a couple games is completely useless.  Benintendi has decided to turn into a strikeout machine.  Soto hasn't done anything.  Bauer has lost control.  

AL only 12 team keeper

Players I gave up on in March after drafting and holding as minor leaguers:
Dan Vogelbach
Wille Calhoun

Players I extended contracts for:
Andujar
Severino
Clevinger

Players I kept:
Tyler White
Greg Allen
Teoscar Hernandez

🤡What am I even doing here...

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Had 10 players play last night and they went 11-40 (.275) with 8 HRs and 18 RBIs.  Tonight my team follows that up by currently going 5-36 (.133) with 3 HRs and 6 RBIs with a full lineup (minus 3 because of the rainout).  Guess it was a one day tease and my team's offense continues to fail worse than it ever has in the league's 16 year existence.  I've lost track of how many times my team has finished a day hitting under .200 over the last week or two (not exaggerating).

Edited by KilloWertz

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

Had 10 players play last night and they went 11-40 (.275) with 8 HRs and 18 RBIs.  Tonight my team follows that up by currently going 5-36 (.133) with 3 HRs and 6 RBIs with a full lineup (minus 3 because of the rainout).  Guess it was a one day tease and my team's offense continues to fail worse than it ever has in the league's 16 year existence.  I've lost track of how many times my team has finished a day hitting under .200 over the last week or two (not exaggerating).

You got 3 HRs today and you’re complaining? I have Contreras, Goldy,Arenado, Lindor, JD, Benintendi and Soto and i can’t remember the last time I had 3 HRs in a night.

Edited by mehtavg2000
  • Like 4

Imagine complaining about a 3 homer, 6 rbi day. Over a week that's 21 homers and 42 RBI's. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

You got 3 HRs today and you’re complaining? I have Contreras, Goldy,Arenado, Lindor, JD, Benintendi and Soto and i can’t remember the last time I had 3 HRs in a night.

4 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

Imagine complaining about a 3 homer, 6 rbi day. Over a week that's 21 homers and 42 RBI's. 

And I should be ecstatic that my team was hitting .133 at the time of my post?  Especially when that's been more of the norm lately for whatever reason than having even a remotely decent day?  I guess I'm supposed to be thrilled when my team has had more days over hitting under or just above .200 than an actual good day, and has consistently followed up good days with absolutely abysmal batting average days.  Ok...

The whole point of this thread is basically to let out your frustrations.  3 HRs in a day doesn't make up for the fact that my team finished with an average of .143.  It's been an extremely frustrating season in multiple areas, and I have several of those same players.  In the end, there was nothing wrong with my post.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

And I should be ecstatic that my team was hitting .133 at the time of my post?  Especially when that's been more of the norm lately for whatever reason than having even a remotely decent day?  I guess I'm supposed to be thrilled when my team has had more days over hitting under or just above .200 than an actual good day, and has consistently followed up good days with absolutely abysmal batting average days.  Ok...

The whole point of this thread is basically to let out your frustrations.  3 HRs in a day doesn't make up for the fact that my team finished with an average of .143.  It's been an extremely frustrating season in multiple areas, and I have several of those same players.  In the end, there was nothing wrong with my post.

My apologies and you’re correct.  We shouldn’t question each other on our teams’ sucktitude.  Frustrating year for sure.

• Like 1

My pitching was my strength this year and I got rocked yesterday by having Turnbull, Bassit, Archer, and Luke Jackson.  Ouch. Luckily it's early in the week and I can play some matchups the rest of the week but boy did that hurt. 

So, apparently the ESPN platform decided to take away the IL status of a number of players, preventing me from adding anyone at the moment since they're on the IL.  Guys like Rodon and Kopech who are out for the year.  ESPN is so frustrating to deal with.

10 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

My apologies and you’re correct.  We shouldn’t question each other on our teams’ sucktitude.  Frustrating year for sure.

It's all good.  While I did take offense to it this morning, we're all adults, so no hard feelings in the end.

Now today my team is hitting 12-25 (.480) so far.  Makes a lot of sense.  It's as if my team is literally bipolar (obviously not making fun of people)... 😀

When you see Yelich is out of the lineup and assume Luis Castillo (top 3 in points in my league) is a safe bet. Even better is when your opponent streams brad Keller and you talk smack in the group chat about how dumb he is. I don’t understand this game. 

Maeda starting Sunday - week long lineup - can't change it now... was thinking they would leave Kershaw on Regular rest and Maeda would two start next week... 

3 for 3 on mediocre to really bad starts so far.....perhaps my offense will pick up the slack today? Hitting today so far is 1-13, 1 E.

Solid work team.

“Ok,tomorrow will be a good day.....ok,tomorrow will be a good day....ok,tomorrow will be a good day...”

hitting .150 over the last 3 days.  Well my pitching will carry me .. had ERod, L.Castillo, R.Ray and Skaggs ... oh and Doo Little is my top closer ... sonofab