Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

I can't take Goldy anymore.  I'm well aware of what he did last year but I find it hard to imagine that he will go on another tear like that again.  He's atrocious.  The Cards score so many runs day in and day out and has 2 extra base hits in a month. Maybe they should move him out of the 2 hole.  

9 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

I can't take Goldy anymore.  I'm well aware of what he did last year but I find it hard to imagine that he will go on another tear like that again.  He's atrocious.  The Cards score so many runs day in and day out and has 2 extra base hits in a month. Maybe they should move him out of the 2 hole.  

He just struck out for the 3rd time (on 3 pitches).  I'm picking up anyone I can find from the waiver wire and sitting his a** on the bench.  I'll wait until mid-June before I start this loser again.  

Most frustrating multi homer day ever!

spacer.png

So what's the record for solo shots in a day? I'm at 7 and counting... Most worthless teammates of all time!

Even my bench flying solo.... Now Chavis is in on the 1-run home run binge

I have gaping holes at 2B (Villar, Senzel), OF (Benny and Soto) and 1B (Goldy).  Who would have thunk it

1) Just f--- starting pitching.  f--- it to hell.

2) Of course I drop Crick in a SvHld league to get another SP in and he proceeds to get a hold today while I’m sure my SP will, once again, get blown up

3) Of course I bench Benny when he decides to get on base and has a SB

Had Stras, Matz and Boyd all in line for wins and all had bullpen implosions in the 8th inning or later to cost me 2 much needed wins.

Posted (edited)

As a SoCal native, I have "enjoyed" the Angels being an absolute clusterf*** of a front office for well over a decade now.  Terrible farm system, terrible free agent signings, just terrible in all aspects of baseball management.

For all the talk of a new regime, when they handed Harvey an 11 million dollar deal I knew that absolutely ******** nothing had changed.  That 11 million could have bought what, Cron, Perez, AND Gonzalez?  Three guys that are doing pretty well against them today? 

Just utter stupidity as the Angels become the latest in a long line of teams who found themselves utterly swindled by Scott Boras, a guy who is actually good at his job.  

Edited by Overlord
  • Haha 1

I thought batting .346 on a given week would be enough to win that category any week.

Nope. Not when your opponent's team is hitting .360 this week...

• Haha 1

Peacock and Skaggs both allow zero runs and in line for Ws only 2 have both Ws blown in the 9th inning ... and both closers who blew the save got the Ws. 

The W category is the absolute worst!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jb_power said:

Peacock and Skaggs both allow zero runs and in line for Ws only 2 have both Ws blown in the 9th inning ... and both closers who blew the save got the Ws. 

The W category is the absolute worst!

W’s mean absolutely nothing to me. QS is a much more telling stat. 

3 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

W’s mean absolutely nothing to me. QS is a much more telling stat. 

3 earned runs in 5 and half ip for the QS is more telling? Both have equally major issues IMO

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

You know it's not your season this year when you have a good pitching staff struggling to get Wins, so you trade for the MLB leader in Wins, and he gets torched in what should have been an easy enough matchup (German that is).  To top it all off, the one KC hitter you have is 0-3 in a 7-1 game.  Wow....

Edited by KilloWertz

When having Caleb Smith in almost every league backfires and costs you ratios this week... depressing

Doesn't matter who I play now my opponent will have their biggest week of the year, For once I'd like to face someone else having a bad week.

Wow, I cut Brasier after blowing his first save opportunity in weeks, pick up Trivino just to try to get some ratio help since my pitching has been a mess lately (and no closers were available), and he goes out there and does something he never does (completely implode).  Combine that with Robles blowing another save, and now it really doesn't matter if Snell pitched a perfect game (he obviously isn't).

Hitting is awful again so far, starting out 3-20.  Indians and the Red Sox are 8-6 right now, but my 3 guys are a combined 1-9 with a run scored.  Is it the 2020 season yet?...

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2019 at 7:51 AM, Del Rio said:

I thought batting .346 on a given week would be enough to win that category any week.

Nope. Not when your opponent's team is hitting .360 this week...

If that trend keeps up, you're going to lose the batting average category despite having a great week batting-average-wise!!!

Edited by Overlord

Paddack, Buehler, Fried and now Eickoff.

My best starter this week so far has been Pablo Lopez.

In 2017 I had the AL and NL mvps but no supporting cast.

This year i have a deep offense but those two guys are on the dl.

Mix the two and i would have a championship quality team.

Instead, lose both years.

SP that I have started this week:

Hamels, M. Keller, Musgrove, R Weber, and Kikuchi. Just terrible.

Well this was probably the single worst pitching week I've ever had.

33.1 INN, 57 HA, 6 BBI, 38 K, 36 ER, 7 L, S, 2 HB, HD, QS

Contreras, Baez, Correa, Minor, Caleb Smith, Montas, Paddack, Giles and Neris got me a total of 18 points this week. An average of 2 points a piece. That's like 2 singles for each hitter or 2 k's for each pitcher. Well done boys. 

I won it all last year. This year I have mostly the same players. This year has been a nightmare. I have

Aaron Nola

Schebler

Puig

Peraza

Anibal Sanchez

Hellickson

Kinsler

Wheeler

Cervelli

Taylor

Nimmo

Mikolas

Conley

What a bunch of chumps.

1 hour ago, Ohiohaybaler said:

I won it all last year. This year I have mostly the same players. This year has been a nightmare. I have

Aaron Nola

Schebler

Puig

Peraza

Anibal Sanchez

Hellickson

Kinsler

Wheeler

Cervelli

Taylor

Nimmo

Mikolas

Conley

What a bunch of chumps.

Consider yourself lucky for winning last year 😜

[Several removed.  This thread is for fantasy-relevant ranting.  If you have a complaint / suggestion about the forums, those go here, or you can send us a PM.]