Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

I don't get all the Soto hate in this thread. 

The kid is on pace for over 100 runs, an almost .400 OBP and 115 RBI's as a 20 year old 🤔

What were you expecting?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, guzman24 said:

I don't get all the Soto hate in this thread. 

The kid is on pace for over 100 runs, an almost .400 OBP and 115 RBI's as a 20 year old 🤔

What were you expecting?

The "hate" was probably when he was slumping.  The guy is beasting now.  I don't think anyone is denying that.

Edited by mehtavg2000

Posted (edited)

Here is the list of players that's been on my DL this year. I may be forgetting some. This does not include the players who I just dropped when they got hurt.  16 team league. Tough to recover.

Olson

Stanton

Altuve

Lugo

Dozier

Garver

Familia

Kingery

Aledmys Diaz

And now Carrasco.

Edited by papasmurf

Posted (edited)

I'm running out of MLB arms. Kluber,Cueto,Clevinger,Estrada,Cobb,Strahm all on the IL and Foltynewicz has been broken ever since IL stint. 

Edited by Tryptamine

I am an absolute genius when it comes to benching guys that have a great game.  

• Like 1

Lost Strahm and Carrasco both today - why couldn't it be Arrieta instead?  😆

• Like 1

Pretty much use the MLB site, app on my phone, exclusively. 

Its only 1/2 way through the games on Wed and "In play, no out" has only ended up meaning that a player of mine has reached on an error 5 different times this week and that's only while I've been paying attention. 

Clawed my way to a not respectable, but not disastrous, position in ERA and WHIP only to have Jimmy Nelson and Chase Anderson (against the friggin' Marlins), Brandon Brennan, and Jake Diekman give it all back in the span of two days. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Clawed my way to a not respectable, but not disastrous, position in ERA and WHIP only to have Jimmy Nelson and Chase Anderson (against the friggin' Marlins), Brandon Brennan, and Jake Diekman give it all back in the span of two days. 

I know the feeling, except mine just continues to plummet.  Getting blasted by the Tigers and the Marlins two days in a row is just embarrassing.  Now after this, I'm going to end up sitting dead last in my league in ERA, and I have Mike Soroka, Blake Snell, (had) Luke Weaver, and had Trevor Bauer before trading him.

And my offense as of right now is doing it's typical BS.  Had a ridiculously good night last night, only to come out hitting .222 at the moment for the night.  Pretty much happens every week.  I move up a bit and it seems like I might finally be making a move up the standings, and then just drop right back down again when my bipolar offense continues to strike (and now the pitching just continuing to be disgraceful).

Edited by KilloWertz

I hate my freaking pitching staff. In June, my staff ERAs have been (starting with today and going backwards): 7.11, 6.75, 10.12, 10.12, 10.50. WHIPs have been: 1.58, 1.35, 2.06, 2.62, 2.33. I’ve had six perfromances in which a RP has posted either a 27.00 ERA or a 3.00 WHIP or both. I should post daily which RP I’m picking up so everyone else will know to bench him, because he’s going to get blasted. Nola got bombed...Marquez bombed today. Just sick of my staff. I’m barely hanging on to 2nd place, but I feel like a last place team because of my pitching and the fact that my team BA is below .200 over the last week. 

• Like 1

Can I ever get even average luck with my pitchers. Every damn year my teams have good K/9, BB/9, and K/BB. Yet I'm first every year in Babip by a mile, over .300 every year, so frustrating!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Overlord said:

Can't speak to the others, but I had Brennan. He's been pretty bad since April. He's not even getting HLDs so no reason to hold. I punted last week.

Drafted Kimbrel, hung onto him way too long, finally cut him when I basically had to, intended on picking him back up but got drunk and forgot, sure enough the next morning he was picked up. I hope he sucks.

On 6/5/2019 at 5:10 PM, Cesare13 said:

I am an absolute genius when it comes to benching guys that have a great game.  

GaseousIncredibleJenny-size_restricted.g

Here's my line from yesterday:

Starting Lineup Totals                                3/41    2    1    2    0    0    1    0    0    12    .073

1 minute ago, SuperJoint said:

Here's my line from yesterday:

Starting Lineup Totals                                3/41    2    1    2    0    0    1    0    0    12    .073

F

• Thanks 1

Jay Bruce....MVP candidate....doing what they gave Bryce Harper 350 million to do.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

In addition to the 13 abject disappointments I've had, I also had Merrill Kelly while he was getting STOMPED, so I got rid of him. Now he is having the TIME OF HIS LIFE. I am King Midas in Reverse this year!

If you own Kelly, YOU'RE WELCOME.

Edited by Ohiohaybaler