Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

On 6/5/2019 at 5:10 PM, Cesare13 said:

I am an absolute genius when it comes to benching guys that have a great game.  

I benched Domingo Santana the last 3 games.  All he's done is gone 6-16 with 3 homers and 6 RBI in those games.  

Somehow this H2H team is 68-53-5 and in 3rd place.  This with drafting Jose Ramirez #3 overall, Nola and Syndergaard as my top 2 SP, and drafting Matt Carpenter about 2 rounds too early.  

I almost dropped Austin Meadows before the season started as well thinking he wouldn't get the playing time with the Rays OF depth.  I may have just deleted the league and gave everyone their money back had I done so.

Wow, it's been a little while since my team has started off a day this bad...  0-18 with nothing...

On 6/8/2019 at 8:16 AM, knifeparty said:

Somehow this H2H team is 68-53-5 and in 3rd place.  This with drafting Jose Ramirez #3 overall, Nola and Syndergaard as my top 2 SP, and drafting Matt Carpenter about 2 rounds too early.  

I almost dropped Austin Meadows before the season started as well thinking he wouldn't get the playing time with the Rays OF depth.  I may have just deleted the league and gave everyone their money back had I done so.

So if I got this right, you’re venting about having Austin Meadows and hanging onto 3rd place despite some underperformers? 

Amazingly now up to 0-21.  Unbelievable...

Posted (edited)

Team BA has dropped about 15 points lately. Fun!

pitching is even worse. 

Edited by Members_Only_76
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Team BA has dropped about 15 points lately. Fun!

pitching is even worse. 

What is wrong with offense in a season where the ball is flying out at record pace?  To drop 15 points has to be several days in a row of almost no hits.  Mine had been getting better of late, but is now an epically bad 3-37 so far for the day.

My pitching has finally turned it around after completely revamping my starting pitchers (outside of Snell), now likely winning 4 starts in a row, but offense this season doesn't make much sense.  I think I've had more days of single digit hits and batting averages under .200 this season so far than I have in any season ever, and it's only early June.  It sounds like you're in a similar boat, and you probably have what should be a really good group of hitters too.

2 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

What is wrong with offense in a season where the ball is flying out at record pace?  To drop 15 points has to be several days in a row of almost no hits.  Mine had been getting better of late, but is now an epically bad 3-37 so far for the day.

My pitching has finally turned it around after completely revamping my starting pitchers (outside of Snell), now likely winning 4 starts in a row, but offense this season doesn't make much sense.  I think I've had more days of single digit hits and batting averages under .200 this season so far than I have in any season ever, and it's only early June.  It sounds like you're in a similar boat, and you probably have what should be a really good group of hitters too.

Its crazy. Cold streak and with good hitters. Patience I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Its crazy. Cold streak and with good hitters. Patience I guess. 

It is.  My daily venting about it for a while in this thread is why I posted my roster in my signature for a little while on here.  Just to show the fact that I indeed did have a group of good hitters just in case people thought I would just whining.

Maybe someday we'll be able to post happier posts in several player threads on a more daily basis... 😀

• Thanks 1

In AL only I came into the year pretty happy with my closer situation. Long time running keeper league.

Treinen

Leclerc

Today was a microcosm of how the season has unfolded thus far for the two.

Leclerc in for a non-save situation and gives up a run and a couple hits.

Treinen gives up a couple runs but still grabs the save.

Thanks for that insurance run today Jose... I guess. 

Somehow my opponent got 10 QS this week! 10! He had 40 on the year coming into this week. 

With this pitching staff!

Bassitt - 0

Cashner - 1

Morton - 1

P. Lopez - 1

Madbum - 2

F. Peralta - 1

E. Fedde - 1

B. Anderson - 1

Grienke - 1

A. Senzatela - 1

NL only league..made a trade for end of contract Bryce Harper giving up Todd Frazier plus some good cheap pitchers..Since the trade

Frazier  .274, 6 HR, 20 RBI, 18 R, 1 SB

Harper .238, 6 HR, 31 RBI, 25 R, 2 SB

Wasn't expecting that at all, Harper has been a bum.

Start Rant

Does anyone own Ohtani and Nelson Cruz? I always flip-flop on who to start at UTIL , and I always miss out - wish they would play another position.

Rant over

Yesterday three of my starting pitchers went in 20 team cash league. 

• Patrick Corbin, Chris Paddock & Brad Peacock . All three piss poor performances. 
  • My other two are Mike Soroka & Robbie Ray 

My other cash 12 team league 

• My team is in 1st place I am playing the 11th place team
  • The 11th place team already has 13 homeruns. 8 this first day. 

Rockies 16 runs at Coors this week

my Story 1/8 1 rbi

his blackmon 5/9 3 r 2 2b 2 hr 5 rbi

My IL list as of right now in a H2H league (2 IL slots):

Ken Giles, Domingo German, Caleb Smith, Matt Strahm, Trevor Williams, Nathan Eovaldi

I'm scared for all my non-injured pitchers right now. 

On 6/9/2019 at 2:44 PM, Backdoor Slider said:

So if I got this right, you’re venting about having Austin Meadows and hanging onto 3rd place despite some underperformers? 

Not so much venting as in sharing how lucky I have been despite 4 of my first 7 picks severely under performing.   Under performing is putting it nicely for a few of those guys.  

On 6/12/2019 at 11:31 AM, ty5592 said:

Rockies 16 runs at Coors this week

my Story 1/8 1 rbi

his blackmon 5/9 3 r 2 2b 2 hr 5 rbi

Hope you aren’t still playing against Blackmon... 

On 6/12/2019 at 9:48 AM, squidthunder said:

Start Rant

Does anyone own Ohtani and Nelson Cruz? I always flip-flop on who to start at UTIL , and I always miss out - wish they would play another position.

Rant over

AGAIN!!! - ugh

Posted (edited)

angry simon cowell GIF

Dropped Workman for Barnes. Workman gets a W and Barnes doesn't get the save.

Edited by Eddie Mush

1 hour ago, Eddie Mush said:

angry simon cowell GIF

Dropped Workman for Barnes. Workman gets a W and Barnes doesn't get the save.

Sox fan here...this is how it's going to be all year in Boston, I wouldn't even bother trying to speculate their closer.