Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

I originally had Wong in at 2b and Kendrick in LF. Last minute the lineup got posted, and Wong wasn't starting, so I put in Gordon in LF and Kendrick at 2b.

Gordon 0fer everything and Wong 2 for 2 off the bench with a dong.

Shoulda just started the guy not starting I guess.

Wonder what it's like to have a lucky break.

Team has the 2nd best offense this week and of course I'm losing to the guy who has the best offense. Makes me continue to hate H2H leagues. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2019 at 8:44 AM, bluntbros said:

I think this is the week guys. Mookie gonna go back to being Mookie. Gut feeling.

And of course, in a game where the Red Sox score 13 runs against the Orioles's historically bad pitching staff, Mookie gets the day off. 

I said it before and I'll say it again: Mookie has been the most disappointing player I've ever owned in 15 years of playing fantasy sports.  I owned Goldschmidt last year and rode through the cold streak with him for the first two months of the year, but even by this time last year, Goldschmidt had already gotten going.  I drafted David Johnson #1 overall in football in 2017 and he played one half of one game, so obviously that was a "worse" pick in hindsight than Mookie.  But injuries do happen and Mookie being so ridiculously far off his 3 year averages feels much more disappointing than when a player gets injured like David Johnson.  

Edited by FootballFan101

16 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

And of course, in a game where the Red Sox score 13 runs against the Orioles's historically bad pitching staff, Mookie gets the day off. 

I said it before and I'll say it again: Mookie has been the most disappointing player I've ever owned in 15 years of playing fantasy sports.  I owned Goldschmidt last year and rode through the cold streak with him for the first two months of the year, but even by this time last year, Goldschmidt had already gotten going.  I drafted David Johnson #1 overall in football in 2017 and he played one half of one game, so obviously that was a "worse" pick in hindsight than Mookie.  But injuries do happen and Mookie being so ridiculously far off his 3 year averages feels much more disappointing than when a player gets injured like David Johnson.  

You are overreacting, this is not fantasy football.  Still over half the season remaining with plenty of time for the stats to positively regress.

2 weeks ago I traded ohtani and eloy for joram in a redraft thinking this would be perfect buy low opportunity. Now 2 of the three players in that trade look like studs and joram aint one of them 😭

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Must be nice having a top 40 player (with my league's settings anyways) as your most disappointing. 

Edited by desert86

5 minutes ago, desert86 said:

Must be nice having a top 40 player (with my league's settings anyways) as your most disappointing. 

I don’t have him, but when you take someone top 3 and they are top 40 you are disappointed no doubt. 

Padres @ Rockies....sure why not sit the player with the most HR's or 2nd most HR's on your team.

Lowe sitting again for Tampa, one of there best hitters on the pine 2 days in a row

8 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

dealing with ignorant owners in trades. not even worth the effort

You’re telling me you won’t accept Julio Teheran for Mondesi? What’s wrong with you 

1 save from Yates Chapman and Davis this week. Blackmon turned into 01-04 Barry Bonds this week. Figures I’m playing the 2nd place guy too and this happens 

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

You’re telling me you won’t accept Julio Teheran for Mondesi? What’s wrong with you 

ha nothing like that

but when you don't give the respect to players who have the stats/talent/track record and reject a trade with a duma$$ comment it proves my point

Yup I have negative points total from the 7 or 8 starting pitchers in my lineup this week.  Sale is literally the only one who didn't get me negative (well Gray may have gotten me 1 or 2 lol).  And now Hendricks has shoulder inflammation.  

20 hours ago, 4catztoomany said:

Team has the 2nd best offense this week and of course I'm losing to the guy who has the best offense. Makes me continue to hate H2H leagues. 

Exact reason I only like H2H leagues that play multiple opponents per week(In 2 leagues we play 3 matchups every week) eliminates the luck factor some. 

Money league 12 teams 3 IL spots 

Judge

Gallo

Hunter Dozier 

Scooter 

Hendricks

Caleb Smith 

"Padres' Franmil Reyes: Remains on bench
3 hrs ago | by RotoWire Staff

Reyes will sit for the second straight game Saturday against Colorado."

But Why? The guy hits HR and it's CooHR's field.

1 hour ago, DMurphy77 said:

Exact reason I only like H2H leagues that play multiple opponents per week(In 2 leagues we play 3 matchups every week) eliminates the luck factor some. 

8 team AL only and 8 team NL only.  You play 1 game vs the other 7 teams in the league each and every week.

12 hours ago, desert86 said:

Man, what settings does your league have?  Is runs scored the only fantasy category in your league?  Mookie is ranked #76 in mine.  He's provided nothing useful other than runs scored this year.  For a guy that had an ADP of #2 and had three year averages of .308, 29 HR, 27.3 SB, 117.3 R, and 98.3 RBI, ranking at #76 so far is absolutely a gigantic disappointment.  It would be like drafting Connor McDavid next year in hockey and having him score 75 points instead of 110 points...sure that would still be worth owning, but it would be very disappointing.

Finally gonna have a healthy staff with Clevy coming back on Monday... Hendricks inflammation. Annnnd it's gone.

Good thing team is built on bats

Getting this out of the way early. It's sunday, The day where all my dreams and hopes of a win come to a hault regardless of the lead. My opponents players all have breakout performances while mine are resting or going 0-5 and SP getting blasted by teams like MIa, SF and Bal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DMurphy77 said:

Getting this out of the way early. It's sunday, The day where all my dreams and hopes of a win come to a hault regardless of the lead. My opponents players all have breakout performances while mine are resting or going 0-5 and SP getting blasted by teams like MIa, SF and Bal.

There's a team in the league that I run called Sunday Bed $hitters for this exact reason. Happens to me a lot too. I had an 11-3 lead on Sunday 2 weeks ago and 10-4 on a Sunday 3 weeks ago and lost both matches 8-7. I am playing him this week and up 9-6 today. We'll see who craps it.