Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

Live look at me fumbling through pitching this season. Wheeler, Matz, RHill, MFried, MKelly, SGray, Pivetta...I cant seem to add/start the right guys at the right time. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Live look at me fumbling through pitching this season. Wheeler, Matz, RHill, MFried, MKelly, SGray, Pivetta...I cant seem to add/start the right guys at the right time. 

spacer.png

Did you also pick up Matz for his brilliant 6ER affair where he didn't record a single out?

12 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

Did you also pick up Matz for his brilliant 6ER affair where he didn't record a single out?

Yup. Drafted him and had him started. Had Wheeler in for his 7 BB performance (K/BB league), then benched him against the scary PHI lineup for his 7 shutout, 11 K/0 BB game. 

It’s been a disaster this season for me.

At least Matz is kinda decent. I like a genius streamed some scrub Jurado vs. CIN (They were like last in runs scored in the previous week). Dude's ERA jumped a run in the game.

recently traded for Clevinger. my SP could be great.. Buehler, Clevinger, Montas, Hill. Clevinger and Hill to the DL, Montas suspended. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Sad 1

Yahoo is practically hitting uninformed owners over the head with signs  that say “pick up mckay.”   Since he’s gonna be on waivers...in FOUR DAYS, there’s no chance for a sneak stash.  I just hope the inevitable “must add immediately” article comes after the waiver period.

Add montas to the long list of lost players. The last three has been blood disease, cancer (piscotty came back but who knows), and now PED. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Add montas to the long list of lost players. The last three has been blood disease, cancer (piscotty came back but who knows), and now PED. 

For Piscotty you just hope and pray he’s ok and forget about fantasy.  

Man, this has been a horrible week for pitching. Boyd, Bauer, Heaney, Kelly, Clevinger, etc. I have all of them in the same league.

20 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

spacer.png

I’m going through the exact same thing.  My aces are getting lit up, my “breakout” guys are disasters.  My good pitchers get injured.  I said #&! It and just started starting whoever the orioles are playing regardless of their name or stats. The ONLY thing that mattered was if they were available. Sad thing is, is that it’s worked WAY better than actual research.

Voit 2/0/1, Suarez 2/0/1 .200, Polanco 3/1/1 .214, Acuna 4/2/3 .192, JDM 4/0/3 .207, Moose 3/1/3

Love it when 6/9 guys all go cold during the same week

Why did I decide to wait just a little longer to pick up Yordan Alvarez a while back? Why?!

My offense can't buy wins in categories against the top teams but of course my offense starts off on a tear against the last place team who has already stopped setting his lineup. 

As if all these injuries are not enough. Lose Stanton and Kepler same day.

This is already more injuries that I usually have in 3 years. We are not even midway through the season.

Snell/Hand owner.  Going against Robby friggin Ray who faces the Dodgers B lineup.  Yup my week is officially over.  I was up by 60 going into today.  After today, I will be down by at least 30-40.  Thanks a lot clowns.  

12 team H2H Dynasty with 5 IL slots. I now have Duplantier, Hill, Caleb, Severino, Kopeck, and Hicks on the IL. For most of the season also was carrying  Nelson. Been a long season and seems to be getting longer.

2019 pitching. 

Just awful. Juiced ball isn’t helping. But some pitchers are obviously getting it done. Who are they? I haven’t had much luck. 

And I've been scrambling. Using waivers and trades to upgrade. Poof they turn to crap. Corbin, Snell and Giolito come to mind. Tanaka is my best pitcher. Wth.   

Extremely maddening. 

5 days ago= Snell gets destroyed, Story gets hurt and Hill gets hurt 

Last night= Snell gets destroyed and Stanton gets hurt.

Progress?

Every time I turn around I see guys getting wins from RP (even when they blow saves).

I think I've gotten like 1 win from RP's this year.

Too much luck with some of this stuff. Such is fantasy sports.

Thought Paxton and Happ  😡would be solid guys - they suck. Good thing the Yankees can hit HR's! Imagine of they got to hit off of Paxton and Happ

• Haha 1

5 Sp today - 0 QS 8.22 ERA. Sale, Marquez, Gallen, Valdez, Bundy....thanks guys. Bundy and Valdez goodbye. 

• Sad 1