Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

Carlos Martinez is on the dL already and all my hurt wimps will be put on the dL 30 seconds before games start

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hockey_Baseball said:

I gotta say, drafting in 5 OF, 12-team leagues this year sucks. The outfield depth sucks, and half the teams realize it and snipe the guys you're eyeing for your next pick. You're left drafting boring guys who you wanted nothing to do with.

Play Yahooooooooooooo

the standard is 3 OF 

I'm so f***ing upset that I don't have enough shares of Tatis Jr and I didn't buy into Eloy Jimenez at his $10 auction values. 

Posted (edited)

went vlad, senzel, and luzardo route over Eloy, tatis, paddock in every league. 

I guess that's not as big of deal if you factor in all my early draft steals. miss the days of getting tailon and wheeler at pick 100+

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

I guess that's not as big of deal if you factor in all my early draft steals. miss the days of getting tailon and wheeler at pick 100+

I feel that pain so much... I'm right there with you sans Vlad. Went big on Senzel and Luzardo and Tatis wasn't even on my radar. 

Put Hicks on the IL you stupid yankee &$@$s! 

16 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

I did the EXACT same thing and I'm annoyed about it.  Hopefully we'll look smart 2 months from now.

Posted (edited)

lindor hurts his ankle just as he's ready to come back. i'm already nursing a hospital with severino and wood and hell while i'm at it ramirez and ramos. also, kimbrel is AFK waiting for the right offer. 

i just want someone to give me some fantasy stats here 😫

Edited by sharpee
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Put Hicks on the IL you stupid yankee &$@$s! 

I need Rich Hill placed on there too! If I miss out on Paddack, i'm going to be annoyed. 

13 minutes ago, Corey In Da House said:

I need Rich Hill placed on there too! If I miss out on Paddack, i'm going to be annoyed. 

If he’s still available in your league, chances are quite good he will still be there tomorrow

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

If he’s still available in your league, chances are quite good he will still be there tomorrow

Maybe, I'm not the only one waiting to IL a guy which has me on edge hah.

• Like 1

Sano and Jup are my DL guys not on DL yet. At least Alonso lost his NA tag so I got 13 hitters to start. I really need to fill out my Saves holds bullpen if I can get the 2 extra roster spots soon. plus Dakota Hudson being only RP hurts until he gets his 3 starts. 

1 hour ago, Corey In Da House said:

Maybe, I'm not the only one waiting to IL a guy which has me on edge hah.

but surely there's someone else you can drop in the meantime. Missing out on Paddack cos you're waiting on some IR stuff is not worth it unless you're in a 8 team league

more disappointed in miss on guys than lindor getting new inj. atleast with lindor he was drafted at discount and most people drafted expecting him to miss 2+weeks of games

43 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

more disappointed in miss on guys than lindor getting new inj. atleast with lindor he was drafted at discount and most people drafted expecting him to miss 2+weeks of games

The difference in 2 weeks and 4 weeks is significant.  Most people counted on him missing only oe week.  He also wasn't drafted at that big of a discount.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MrBrown said:

The difference in 2 weeks and 4 weeks is significant.  Most people counted on him missing only oe week.  He also wasn't drafted at that big of a discount.

35ish bucks is a big discount imo thats 10 bucks off jdm areando. maybe that was just luck

Edited by colepenhagen

Just now, phillyphan21 said:

I know GM's aren't beholden to our leagues but can they please start putting guys on the DL? 

LOL - i was going to come in and post the same thing. Waiting for Minter and Ohtani to go DL

• Like 1

spacer.png

Kershaw...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cespedes and JUP still not on DL last I checked. yet neither is playing since they are hurt. At least Sano got his DL allowing me a stream hitter like Zunino tomorrow. or a stream pitcher as needed. This thread can be renamed DL the hurt guys already. teams love to announce players are hurt yet keep em GTD til the last second

Dang we actually got off 4 straight posts complaining about IL?  RotoCops must be sleeping in this morning.

I wonder if guys can't go on the DL until the teams announce the moves later today? It's silly that they can't DL guys BEFORE the season starts. It's frustrating because there are gems on the wire in every league I'm in, but until some of my players get the DL tag I can't nab them.

4 minutes ago, NYOrangeNBlue said:

I wonder if guys can't go on the DL until the teams announce the moves later today? It's silly that they can't DL guys BEFORE the season starts. It's frustrating because there are gems on the wire in every league I'm in, but until some of my players get the DL tag I can't nab them.

That's not even true because there are plenty of guys on the DL, and have been.  I tried to ask what the rationale or advantage behind waiting is but.. got deleted!

24 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

That's not even true because there are plenty of guys on the DL, and have been.  I tried to ask what the rationale or advantage behind waiting is but.. got deleted!

Probably has something to do with waiting until the actual season begins and the number of official days a player is required to remain on the DL. So for some players and their team it makes sense to wait until the first day of the season.