Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

Just went you think you're making progress.  Get a solid pitched game, watch a reliever blow it up.  Get a good pitched game today from Woodruff, watch another SP blow it up (thanks, Soroka).  About the only time my ratios end up good for the day is when I have nobody pitch...

German came off the IL, thought I had him in my lineup after I specifically made sure to put him in. Somehow he wasn’t when the game started, thanks Yahoo. ESPN told me to stream Wacha the next day, thanks ESPN.

keep accidentally clicking the damn Leaderboard at top of the page when it's loading, grrr LOL

Posted (edited)

I went stolen base hunting this week and picked up Danny Santana Monday, but he was sat Tuesday and Wednesday. So I dropped him and I picked up Billy Hamilton on Wednesday, and he was sat Thursday. I can’t catch a break! Mallex Smith is all I got!

Edited by BRYZZO

3 minutes ago, Panther239 said:

I traded away Pete Alonso for Taillon early in the season and I can’t take it anymore

We feel your pain.  I drafted Josh Bell rd 5 in my local 12 team lg then preceded to trade him to my brother who is a Pirates fan for his 2nd rd draft pick Paul "fools" Goldschmidt. I thought it was a good deal at the time,  But we know how its turned out so far.

One of my first rules of drafting is to never pay up for closers. But this year I decided I’d make my life a little easier and grab some of the top end guys so I didn’t have to worry about scrounging the wire for closers throughout the season. I was happy to come away with multiple shares of Treinen, Diaz, LeClerc, and Kimbrel. I’d just get to sit back and watch them rack up the saves while they deliver elite ratios. Well, they all suck. Two don’t even close anymore and the other two get shelled night after night. Next year give me a couple bottom of the barrel closers in late rounds on draft day and it’s back to scrounging.

• Like 1

Can’t get a win between Tanaka, McKay and Snell. 😡 

Batting .182 for the week. How is that even possible with Sanchez gallo Moustakas Story polanco acuna and jd? 

Damn I sincerely feel bad it is like for real this year I curse every player I put on my roster. Two players got cancer even.

Wish them the best.

• Haha 1

Lindor 2-5, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI.  Schoop 1-2, 2 R, 1 RBI.  Rest of team... 0-19, 2 R

That's just sad...

Out of all the mistakes I have made this year I regret giving up on Brandon Woodruff the most.  I knew he had amazing stuff but I jumped ship way too soon.  Also I would say dropping Puig is starting to bother me a bit.  The only saving grace is that I dropped Puig for Lourdes even though it should have been Matt Carpenter that was dropped.  

The Nationals bullpen is nauseating. Two gems for Corbin, two no decisions. 

• Like 1

Stripling just got screwed over. Muncy gets hit in back on a pop up that they call a double. They take him out and Baez immediately gives up a homer. 

Cant believe they called it a double.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Jose LeClerc is my Achilles heel 

I moved on. Feels good. 

Edited by Members_Only_76

Benched Goldy last 2 games and tied or HR and lost TB by 2 this week.  Benched Vlad today and he gets 3 tb.  🙄🙄

Considering the ASG Gameday Thread is now locked I figured this is the only place to throw this out there..

Anyone notice how they initially were saying on TV that Michael Brantley was the ASG MVP? Joe Buck announced it like 3 times at the conclusion of the game then this morning I wake up to read that Beiber was the actual recipient. Maybe its the sporadic gambler in me but that seems pretttty fishy. Its almost as if they were being told behind the scenes who to give the award to (the guy that nobody bet on AKA Beiber). I had no skin in the game at all and I understand it was debatable who should have won MVP as there were no clear cut standouts but this definitely seems like strings were being pulled so that vegas and gambling rings alike came out on top. 

• Like 1

Sale and Snell better turn it around in the 2nd half or you guys will be seeing a lot of me in this thread.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Sale and Snell better turn it around in the 2nd half or you guys will be seeing a lot of me in this thread.

Sale away my friend.  I’ll be right here with you regarding that massive loser bust.  Snell should right ship.  Not confident in Sale.

7 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

I traded Sale and Snell for Lindor and Bellinger about a month ago. Just sayin.... :)

That feeling when you see you lose to a stat correction for a Jorge Polanco change to a SB for the previous week on Thursday that causes you to Lose by .33. Don't even know why I play Fantasy Baseball anymore it's just so nerve racking.

Can we stop with this first half second half stuff? Look at the standings and number of games played. The season is 162 games long. . Now I'll admit I'm not the smartest person in the world but I still remember how to subtract and add. And correct me if I'm wrong but half of 162 is 81. I'm looking at teams remaining games and seeing 71-72 in most cases. How is that half a season?

People say I hope he has a better second half. Or what can we expect from him in the second half? The second half starts about the first of July. Why not say the remainder of the second half? After all a hitter has already had about 36-40 at bats and a pitcher has had 1-2 starts. Its not like those don't count and its a clean slate starting yesterday or today when all teams are back full slate of games.

Yes I realize that's the way people have been saying it for years. Does that mean its right ? Somebody figured out that there is no S after runs batted in . ( RBIs). Why can't we just say post ASB ? Just because the path is well beaten doesn't mean its the right way to go.

Anyway. that's my rant

5 hours ago, motown magic said:

Can we stop with this first half second half stuff? Look at the standings and number of games played. The season is 162 games long. . Now I'll admit I'm not the smartest person in the world but I still remember how to subtract and add. And correct me if I'm wrong but half of 162 is 81. I'm looking at teams remaining games and seeing 71-72 in most cases. How is that half a season

Anyway. that's my rant

Part of your problem maybe that taking half of 162 to get 81 is neither addition or subtraction. Seems like that is more division or a multiplication problem but math word problems were never my strong area

• Like 1