Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

10 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

Part of your problem maybe that taking half of 162 to get 81 is neither addition or subtraction. Seems like that is more division or a multiplication problem but math word problems were never my strong area

Damn! You are correct. Now it all makes sense why they call it first half and second half

This thread wouldn’t be complete without the annual “first half-second half” rant.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think somebody forgot to tell players that the All-Star break is over.  Not the way you would want to start the second half.  My team so far is a combined 1-19 with 1 RBI.  Tampa Bay kicked my team's arse in one inning...

Oops, make that 1-20...

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Like 1

Nate Lowe on my bench will probably outscore (in 2 innings) Carlos Santana all weekend.

5 hours ago, motown magic said:

Damn! You are correct. Now it all makes sense why they call it first half and second half

4 hours ago, BMcP said:

This thread wouldn’t be complete without the annual “first half-second half” rant.

Rant to the MLB and have them change the ASB so that it falls after the 81st game. ;)

22 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Rant to the MLB and have them change the ASB so that it falls after the 81st game. ;)

Let’s get a petition . Actually there is no reason that I know of why they couldn’t . 

• Like 1

You know it's not your season and it's time to pack it in when New York literally strips a dominant start and a Win from your team, which is really just an extension of a season long problem with pitching/Wins.  It's a keeper league, so hopefully things will be better next season.

Still, those were two of the worst calls I've seen from replay, oddly enough both in the same inning even though it was clear on both of them that they were the wrong calls to make.

So does anyone else have this problem? Very, VERY few managers in my league (16 managers total), are willing to trade or even *try* to negotiate a trade. I'm just wondering if this is a common problem for you guys in your respective leagues?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, lavaman said:

So does anyone else have this problem? Very, VERY few managers in my league (16 managers total), are willing to trade or even *try* to negotiate a trade. I'm just wondering if this is a common problem for you guys in your respective leagues?

If I've dealt with a manager before and they dont respond, I wont ever deal with them again.

Managers that constantly try to low ball you get ignored too after awhile.

Edited by Gryfter
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, lavaman said:

That could be the sign of a good league.  I like it when people are smart enough to recognize the sell high and buy low bs. Maybe that's whats happening.  The worst league ive ever been in is where 1 guy would regularly trade hot players off waiver wire for slumping top 3 round picks.  

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

That could be the sign of a good league.  I like it when people are smart enough to recognize the sell high and buy low bs. Maybe that's whats happening.  The worst league ive ever been in is where 1 guy would regularly trade hot players off waiver wire for slumping top 3 round picks.  

At least for me, there is a difference between not caring about trading or even making an effort to and just refusing to accept offers they think are bad.  At least have the common courtesy to counter if it's obvious the person isn't trying to rip you off.  This is obviously not directed towards you. 😀

I had that happen two years in a row on Yahoo in Fantasy Basketball, so I stopped playing there.  There's little point in being in a league if you can't make a trade.  Unless you get extremely lucky, there is going to be a weakness somewhere that a trade could really help fix.

Edited by KilloWertz

I've always subscribed to the theory that a good trade helps both teams. Now, getting the other manager to believe in that philosophy is sometimes tough to do. Sometimes, managers won't trade simply because they're scared they will be making your team 'better'.

And btw, it is very much so, a great league. Lucky to be a part of it; in our 3rd year now.

(team in Sig)

• Like 1

Aside from the lack of closers/saves, I can see why you think it's a great league... 😉

If I don’t like an offer I will at least respond as to why . In cbs leagues there is a comments box.I wish not only would my league mates use it but I wish they would at least respond. I made an offer today looking for some pitching help . The other guy is in 11th place in 12 team league .Best he can do is probably 8th which gets him jack sh!t .  He has three players that he can’t keep next year . I offered him one very good player  and two that he can look at and possibly keep or at least have enough value to trade .I get a flat rejection . This guy doesn’t have a freaking clue . 

Great..Buxton with a concussion..join the IL list on my team with Stanton, Piscotty, Haniger..I have the best OF in my AL only league...but they are all injured on my bench right now!

Posted (edited)

My opponent has 34 innings pitched, 37 Ks, with an ERA of .79 and a WHIP of .945.

Meanwhile, I have  37 innings pitched, 32 Ks, with an ERA of 7.62 and a WHIP of 1.59.

Edited by Sternes

3 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

Great..Buxton with a concussion..join the IL list on my team with Stanton, Piscotty, Haniger..I have the best OF in my AL only league...but they are all injured on my bench right now!

Add Mondesi to the list..what a ******** joke.

How to you get a “win”? I think that’s what it’s called but I wouldn’t know. 

Way behind in ERA to begin Tuesday to see Will Smith blew the save for him and got rocked....look this morning to see that Smith ended up with the Win.  WTF

Can't afford little losses like that in H2H being so close to the first place team.  

Another week of my offense doing work and my opponent's offense doing almost just as much work.  No one else in the league is close to our performance.  I need a big win this week to get solid seeding in the playoffs

Crap luck continues. Traded for Kluber the week before his comebacker injury. Traded for Jansen last week and then the injury (last night). My first save opp with him and he gets hurt, blows save, damages ratios........after the corresponding trade to acquire Jansen I dropped Urias for Hudson.

#whatcanyoudo

I swear mlb managers get a copy of my fantasy team every day and use that to determine who gets an off day making it impossible for me to make up lost games.

What gods do people make sacrifices to to go more than 1 day without an absolute pitching blowup?!? I’m at an absolute loss.  Doesn’t matter the pitcher, or the opponent.  1st round pick.  Streamer. Guy I just traded for because my pitching is last.  They ALWAYS put up 6 or more!!  I just one one damn day of reasonable ratios. I’m not asking for gems....just like a mid 3s.  ONCE!

rant over

• Haha 1

On 7/14/2019 at 2:15 PM, lavaman said:

I've always subscribed to the theory that a good trade helps both teams. Now, getting the other manager to believe in that philosophy is sometimes tough to do. Sometimes, managers won't trade simply because they're scared they will be making your team 'better'.

And btw, it is very much so, a great league. Lucky to be a part of it; in our 3rd year now.

(team in Sig)

I consistently see posts about who won this trade and who won that trade. If you are a guy that trades just to win a trade, the you're going to find it harder to actually trade and find willing trade partners. You should try to trade out of surplus and need. If you have 2 awesome 2b's and a s---y 3b and another owner has 2 awesome 3b's and a s---y 2b, then it should be pretty easy to trade one for the other and you both "win". If they have no pitching and a ton of hitting and you have a ton of hitting and no pitching, then its pretty easy to figure out what you both need. It's when you want gold for your silver and trying to win a trade that doesn't usually work. Two of my best friends have been in my money league for 20 years and I'd be surprised if they even have 5 trades total in that time. They each want 2 of your best players for that guy that sits on their bench that they got off of the waiver wire. They always want to win the trade, no matter what. At this point, I don't even try with them. Then I have another buddy that I can trade with at least once each season because he understands his team needs and mine. So don't always just try to win a trade. Sure it feels good if in the end it works out better for you than the other guy, but its ok if its even and benefits both. Use other details like need to get another owner to realize why the trade is good for BOTH of you.

• Like 3