Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

2 hours ago, laracco said:

I consistently see posts about who won this trade and who won that trade. If you are a guy that trades just to win a trade, the you're going to find it harder to actually trade and find willing trade partners. You should try to trade out of surplus and need. If you have 2 awesome 2b's and a s---y 3b and another owner has 2 awesome 3b's and a s---y 2b, then it should be pretty easy to trade one for the other and you both "win". If they have no pitching and a ton of hitting and you have a ton of hitting and no pitching, then its pretty easy to figure out what you both need. It's when you want gold for your silver and trying to win a trade that doesn't usually work. Two of my best friends have been in my money league for 20 years and I'd be surprised if they even have 5 trades total in that time. They each want 2 of your best players for that guy that sits on their bench that they got off of the waiver wire. They always want to win the trade, no matter what. At this point, I don't even try with them. Then I have another buddy that I can trade with at least once each season because he understands his team needs and mine. So don't always just try to win a trade. Sure it feels good if in the end it works out better for you than the other guy, but its ok if its even and benefits both. Use other details like need to get another owner to realize why the trade is good for BOTH of you.

Apprec the advice, but go back and read my first sentence. :)

1 hour ago, Kramjam24 said:

I sat mercado 

I dropped Luis urias and picked up pagan 

I want to cry 

I think I speak for all weekly leaguers who sat the heavily slumping Mercado, despite good matchups this week: THIS IS TORTURE!

• Like 1

Being a Braves fan Its a damn shame they will not be going to the WS this year cause they have a closer that sucks like Luke Jackson does. 

Every single move I make this year has been the wrong one. Dropped Mercado when he was like 1/30 now he’s on fire. Dropped Robles in May now he’s hitting like .314 with some power. Dropped Hiura when he got sent down and didn’t stash Alvarez because I had Luzardo in my NA spot and my bench was full of IL people. Traded Alonso for JD back in May. Traded Buehler for Sanchez on the last day of his hot streak and lost Montas to suspension 2 hours later. Didn’t pick up Giolito, Boyd, Lynn, or Woodruff because I thought they were just on a couple start hot streak (we have an adds limit and I already got burned on a couple of hot hands).  Traded Lowe for Carrasco in May. I don’t get it I can’t be this bad at fantasy baseball where every single time I make a move it’s the wrong one 

3 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

Every single move I make this year has been the wrong one. Dropped Mercado when he was like 1/30 now he’s on fire. Dropped Robles in May now he’s hitting like .314 with some power. Dropped Hiura when he got sent down and didn’t stash Alvarez because I had Luzardo in my NA spot and my bench was full of IL people. Traded Alonso for JD back in May. Traded Buehler for Sanchez on the last day of his hot streak and lost Montas to suspension 2 hours later. Didn’t pick up Giolito, Boyd, Lynn, or Woodruff because I thought they were just on a couple start hot streak (we have an adds limit and I already got burned on a couple of hot hands).  Traded Lowe for Carrasco in May. I don’t get it I can’t be this bad at fantasy baseball where every single time I make a move it’s the wrong one 

Not that it’ll make you feel better, but every one of those moves made perfect sense. The Alonso one seemed brilliant. It’s not as if you’re the league moron and people are taking advantage of you. I’m having a similar season myself where EVERYTHING  has gone wrong for me, and EVERYTHING has gone right for the league leader.  I’m out DL-ing him 21-2.  Every draft pick I made was carefully researched and every single one was wrong, except my second last one.  How the hell is that possible? At this point, its hilarious really (love this thread.)  Did the guys who got Alvarez and hiura actually know about them at least or did they just see some yahoo article or something?

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

Not that it’ll make you feel better, but every one of those moves made perfect sense. The Alonso one seemed brilliant. It’s not as if you’re the league moron and people are taking advantage of you. I’m having a similar season myself where EVERYTHING  has gone wrong for me, and EVERYTHING has gone right for the league leader.  I’m out DL-ing him 21-2.  Every draft pick I made was carefully researched and every single one was wrong, except my second last one.  How the hell is that possible? At this point, its hilarious really (love this thread.)  Did the guys who got Alvarez and hiura actually know about them at least or did they just see some yahoo article or something?

I stashed Alvarez because of this forum.  The MILB section has been extremely valuable over the last couple of seasons for me.  He was in my NA spot for many weeks before they finally called him up.

Still, my season has been a disappointment from start to right now.  Every time my team has a few solid days and then moves up a little bit, it goes out and has a day like today so far.  My team is currently hitting 5-34.  I've said it already in here, but there's no way any team that is actually trying should have any day like that.  I've had them happen enough times I've lost track.  If I quit, didn't know what I was doing, and/or had a team filled with bad players, I could understand.  My current group of hitters are Sanchez, Bell, Newman, J.Ramirez, Lindor, Alonso, Segura, Y.Alvarez, Kingery, Mercado, Pence, O'Neill, N.Lowe, and L.Urias.  I didn't play Alonso today since he was off and hits a 3-run HR (I put Bauers in there, who has been good lately and has crushed Junis this season) and have Danny Jansen in there instead of Sanchez.  Again, with a solid enough group of players like that, days like today should almost never happen.  I'm not bragging that my roster is amazing because I have no right to given that my team has been extremely frustrating, and obviously I haven't owned all of those players all season obviously outside of Lindor and Alvarez.

My pitching has been extremely frustrating as well, where I was struggling in everything but Saves pretty much all season up until my team finally has turned things around a bit in Wins and K's.  Not going to bother listing my pitchers really because it's been a rotating group for a while now because almost any time I brought in supposed aces, they've disappointed me.  Have a good pitching day or two, then either a starter or closer goes out there and ruins it.  Back at square one in ratios.  Bieber was bad last night.  Tanaka cruises along today, then bombs.  Soroka was pitching well, and is now bombing as well.  If Woodruff pitches good tomorrow, then I'm maybe back at square 1 since things have been so bad now over these two days.

This is a keeper league,  and it's been so tempting at times just to take my players out and tank the rest of the way.  At least then I wouldn't get frustrated when my team decides to crap the bed several times a week.

Edited by KilloWertz
Two more players got out while typing this...

Outsmarted myself today.  Saw Blackmon was facing Paxton, and decided to sit him based on his bad road and LHP splits (56 wRC+ away, 110 wRC+ vs. LHP, and a putrid 16 wRC+ away vs. LHP in a sizable 88 PA sample.)  So of course he goes off, currently 3 for 3 with a homer and 3 runs scored.

I drafted Reynaldo Lopez. I found him gathering dust in free agency last week. Imagine that! Of course I picked him up immediately.

like many German Marquez owners, I benched him at Yankee Stadium only to watch him dominate.  So frustrating given he had been playing like garbage on the home and road for the past 5-6 weeks.

On 7/20/2019 at 5:50 AM, Trexpenniebaker said:

Being a Braves fan Its a damn shame they will not be going to the WS this year cause they have a closer that sucks like Luke Jackson does. 

Agree.  Has been annoying me all year that they feel no urgency to try and get a dominant RP to add to our below average bullpen from top to bottom. It will cost them if they don't do something before the trade deadline.

Posted (edited)

Lost josh bell and Gary Sanchez to suck on the same team thus crippling my power. Fantasy baseball and these tart players and their tarty streaks suck

Edited by Dr. Whom

Other fantasy team managers that complain about trades...#nomorehatershatintraders

#hittintatersseeyoulaters...

• Haha 1

Trying to predict pitching this season has been a nightmare.  I'm in an AL-only auction dynasty league so options are limited when your original lineup goes to hell.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Possum said:

Trying to predict pitching this season has been a nightmare.  I'm in an AL-only auction dynasty league so options are limited when your original lineup goes to hell.

ahem cough Urquidy cough, ahem Plesac cough, ahem...McCough McKay, aheMcCough, McHugh mistake mccough**ahem

Edited by dfstout

Haniger's busted testicle, now Buxton has his wisdom teeth removed.  What's the next strange way for my players to miss time?

12 hours ago, Possum said:

Downside of the juiced ball. Never had a year where it was even remotely this difficult to stream starting pitchers. Holy s---. It's pretty much a given anyone I stream is getting blown up. Merrill Kelly and Zach Davies did the honors tonight.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

Haniger's busted testicle, now Buxton has his wisdom teeth removed.  What's the next strange way for my players to miss time?

I lost both my 2Bs, Lowe and La Stella to the same swing, same foul ball off the same legs, on the same night. 

Dropped Odor earlier in the season when I picked up La Stella. I could sure use Odor now...

9 hours ago, Gryfter said:

I lost both my 2Bs, Lowe and La Stella to the same swing, same foul ball off the same legs, on the same night. 

Dropped Odor earlier in the season when I picked up La Stella. I could sure use Odor now...

Didn't Buxton have the wisdom teeth removed while on DL to concussion?

Had an owner, he added a OF, then IL'd his 2nd catcher at like 2am.

Yanks and Sox played in London early and he didnt get on before 1st pitch to make changes so he played with an illegal roster (1 of 2 Catchers) and (6 OF). He thought his days stats should count because he had the correct number of active guys. 

4 hours ago, zstlj said:

Had an owner, he added a OF, then IL'd his 2nd catcher at like 2am.

Yanks and Sox played in London early and he didnt get on before 1st pitch to make changes so he played with an illegal roster (1 of 2 Catchers) and (6 OF). He thought his days stats should count because he had the correct number of active guys. 

What site even allows you to set an illegal lineup? I can only start three OF in my dynasty for example and it won't even allow me to put more in, unless it's the utility spot.

Unless you're talking about the one catcher thing, but he might not have realized how early the London game was or even that it was happening. 

• Like 1

Tired of the lingering injuries, letting them play, and then bothering to test them after it becomes worse.  "Oh yeah, the injury has been nagging for a week or two, but NOW he really aggravated and we decided to do some tests."