Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

2 hours ago, phillyphan21 said:

What site even allows you to set an illegal lineup? I can only start three OF in my dynasty for example and it won't even allow me to put more in, unless it's the utility spot.

Unless you're talking about the one catcher thing, but he might not have realized how early the London game was or even that it was happening. 

CBS and it will let you have a illegal lineup but cancels all stats earned for the day later that night. He didn't know they played at like 9

• Like 1

Was being picky with who I started this week to aim for ERA/WHIP. Planned to only start Clevinger and Buehler this weekend.

Canning comes in a 16 inning game he wasn't suppose to pitch in and blows up my ratios. Love that.

On 7/19/2019 at 7:56 PM, lavaman said:

Apprec the advice, but go back and read my first sentence. :)

Sorry. That wasn't directed at you. It was just a general statement of what I see across all fantasy sites and social media sites. 

• Like 1

It's really frustrating. I have had an unbelievable number of injuries to key players, even had 2 cancer cases. Yet I also have the deepest roster I can remember. Usually I have to play musical chairs with the WW to fill up my lineup. Not this year. I just don't have a top 15 player. I am in 4th place out of 16 which is a bad spot for next year due to league keeper draft rules. So I am stuck in a middle of nowhere spot.  If I had half those injuries, I think I woulda had a shot at 1st.

Damn Stanton is easily the team LVP.

The pitcher wins category is the bane of my existence this season.  Here's a standings chart from my 10-team league where this has gone from disappointing to simply comical:

image.thumb.png.18192602d9382bcaa9f5ca611d4e754f.png

That's 9 points in ERA, 8 points in WHIP, 8 points in K, and.... 3 points in W.  (Two teams tied at the bottom at 61.)

From looking at the chart, it might look like a team with a good but not great rotation.  The ERA and WHIP columns are being held back a bit by the fact that I rarely invest in saves, so I'm slumming it with a bargain basement bullpen of Doolittle, Greene, Holland, and Iglesias.  And I'm about 40 innings off pace to hit the IP limit (and the guy in 1st is 60 innings over) so I can make up a bit of ground in Ks and Ws by streaming and/or acquiring more pitching before the deadline.

With all that said: this is my rotation:

Scherzer
Sale
Greinke
Kershaw
Price
Ryu
Minor
Maeda
Stripling
Along with some rotating streamer / upside plays (currently Samardzija and Urquidy)

Some arms have come and gone throughout the season, but of the top 5 guys, only Greinke was acquired after April.

Does that look like a rotation that should be 3rd from the bottom in wins?  It's got 80% of the rotation of the team with the most wins in baseball!  OK, so the Dodgers don't always let guys like Maeda and Stripling get deep enough into games to get wins.  But almost every guy in the rotation is on a team that's contending for the playoffs.

In part to try and see how hard it was going to be to catch up in the category, and in part because I apparently hate myself, I calculated each team in the league's W per 9 innings.  The league leader has 0.61 W per 9 (2nd highest), while I'm at 0.52 W per 9 (3rd from the bottom.)  In other words, even if I catch up in innings, there's no way I can catch the league leader in the category, and I probably can't pass more than a couple of guys ahead of me. The guy in dead last in the league, who has 3 and 2 points in the ratio columns, has a W per 9 of 0.60, just barely behind the league leader, and the best arms in his rotation right now are Jon Lester, Zack Davies, and Jordan Yamamoto.

So, yeah.  Pitcher wins are a dumb stat.  This is not a new observation, of course.  Quality starts are a dumb stat as well, so I'm not in favor of ditching the category.  W+QS might be an okay compromise, but I'm not even sure that would help me in this league where my team has had such a hard time getting wins despite having a bunch of aces on great teams.

It's just going to be one of those seasons where I have to grind it out against the odds and hope to make up ground elsewhere to overcome the big deficit in the least skill-based category.

Bah.

Down by 1 in wins, pick up beeks for today. In line for the win and Tampa bullpen blows a 7 run lead in the 8th/9th. Unbelievable 

One of my league mates ALWAYS plays me tough, regardless of his record.  And of course, without a doubt, he gets two ACE starts from Nova and Goldy decides to just homer every F-ing game.

4 pitchers going today.  0QS, ERA 7+, whip around 2.

f--- pitching in 2019.  seriously f--- it with a rusty knife.

TFW you see the numbers "81.00" and "12.00" in your ratio columns and realize you missed one of your teams when you were trying to de-Holland-ize your portfolio.

Due to Snell and McKay not pitching last week I didn’t reach innings minimum and had to score Tanaka off my bench..........in Roto. 

spacer.png

Yes I'm done with Arenado.  Questioning whether I should even use one of my 8 keeper slots on him.  But if I don't, I'm sure he'll be the usual Arenado next season.  Traded Rendon and Realmuto to "upgrade" to a supposed top 5 fantasy player.  

thought id be enjoying the fruits of a nice little series in Coors for my dodger boys (Seager/Pollock). last night they went a combined 0-6. i also remember a while back rostering Franmil specificially for his upcoming series at Coors and he didnt even see playing time the whole series. good stuff. 

Corey Dickinson WTF before tonight you had TWO homeruns in 122 ABs .... tonight you hit TWO.

garbage in garbage out 

SOB ... in my 💰 league it is looking like I lost Voit & Laureano my IL spot is occupied by Gallo. FM 

How the hell do you lose two guys to a shoulder sublimation in baseball?  Just a crazy year of injuries, usually I expect it with pitchers. This year it's been almost every hitter I own.

Thank you Sale, Bauer and Musgrove. My ERA is now larger than my waist size,  and my WHIP needs to be converted to metric to properly measure

• Haha 2

I dont know how i manage to calculate the exact perfect mvp bench every night.   

No matter what...for the life of me...I just cannot find a good Catcher in my Dynasty League.

Posted (edited)
On 8/3/2019 at 5:45 PM, murraygd13 said:

How the hell do you lose two guys to a shoulder sublimation in baseball?  Just a crazy year of injuries, usually I expect it with pitchers. This year it's been almost every hitter I own.

This year has been the worst I have ever seen for injuries.  Just lost Encarnacion and Hicks in a couple of my leagues.  I have 7 guys on the DL in one league now.  It is just ridiculous.  I am basically done in a number of leagues thanks to injuries this year with a mix of under-performing stiffs like Carpenter thrown in.   Between the horrible pitching this year and all the injuries, it basically comes down to blind, dumb luck as to whether you can win a title this year imo. 

Edited by secretagentman
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Crusaderfan said:

Price trying to prove he sucks more than Sale 😡

Price's ability to suck knows no boundaries.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, secretagentman said:

This year has been the worst I have ever seen for injuries.  Just lost Encarnacion and Hicks in a couple of my leagues.  I have 7 guys on the DL in one league now.  It is just ridiculous.  I am basically done in a number of leagues thanks to injuries this year with a mix of under-performing stiffs like Carpenter thrown in.   Between the horrible pitching this year and all the injuries, it basically comes down to blind, dumb luck as to whether you can win a title this year imo. 

We have a guy that we booted in early June for not paying.  His team was autodrfafted. The team was frozen since then, he could gain points just not add/drop or edit a lineup. The combination of fluke, out of nowhere breakouts like bell and marte and absolute zero injuries,not even minor ones has this ghost team in second.