Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

9 hours ago, lavaman said:

No matter what...for the life of me...I just cannot find a good Catcher in my Dynasty League.

It took me 4 years to get Will Smith, good luck my friend

• Like 1

Just lost Snell, Laureano, and EE recently and still have Dansby on the IL and now Chirinos got hurt yesterday. Please make it stop!!! I'm only 4 games out of placing in the top 3 for payouts in our regular season h2h league!

3 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

Just lost Snell, Laureano, and EE recently and still have Dansby on the IL and now Chirinos got hurt yesterday. Please make it stop!!! I'm only 4 games out of placing in the top 3 for payouts in our regular season h2h league!

I hear ya. I have Snell, Laureano, Sevy, Hicks, all on the shelf. Really hurting right now, and I'm in 2nd! Gunna be a tight race.

Kill me now, please. One game being played (Tigers, White Sox), boring game, and Gibson has a voice that makes you wish that hemlock was part of your snack.

2 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

Kill me now, please. One game being played (Tigers, White Sox), boring game, and Gibson has a voice that makes you wish that hemlock was part of your snack.

Image result for paint dry gif

• Like 1

Tom Caron from NESN that covers the Red Sox sounds like Michael Jackson on steroids . 

Thank god Ken Harrelson and Joe Morgan are gone . 

I feel like total dog s--- like I am going to puke everytime I think about how I could have drafted Yordan Alvarez, Keston Hiura, Peter Alonso, or any of the other up and coming young players in my draft  instead I pick Eloy and he sucks  total balls

Thank you Mr. Sale for tonight's performance.  Granted I'm locked in as a 3 seed (top 2 seeds get bye) primarily thanks to your s---y performance last time out.  But I appreciate you finally pitching like an ace again in a week where it would actually benefit me to lose.  So thanks for blowing your wad tonight.  I'm looking forward to the "real" Sale next time out during the first round of the playoffs.  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Thank you Mr. Sale for tonight's performance.  Granted I'm locked in as a 3 seed (top 2 seeds get bye) primarily thanks to your s---y performance last time out.  But I appreciate you finally pitching like an ace again in a week where it would actually benefit me to lose.  So thanks for blowing your wad tonight.  I'm looking forward to the "real" Sale next time out during the first round of the playoffs.  

Wow - your playoffs really start next week?!

7 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Yup.  6 teams make it but the semis and championship weeks are both 2 weeks long.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Mine do too. 20 week H2H season, overwhelming majority play in a football league together and try to avoid the overlap. 

Thanks to Edwin Diaz and Blake Trinen my ERA is the worst in the league. I didn't even think closers could hurt that much. German Vazquez has killed me there too.

And, why can't ESPN have their damn active stats page again? That pisses me off more than my last place ERA and WHIP.

H2H can really be infuriating sometimes.

In my 12-team league, I'm comfortably first in six categories (R, HR, RBI, OBP, WHIP and QS), second in three (Ks and ERA), fourth in SB and dead last in SV after punting it from the get-go. I'm sitting in third place, so it could probably be worse.... but just think of how much anxiety and grief I've experienced for nothing but random chance. I should be basking in victories and full of pride in my team right now, not scrounging the wire in hopes of choosing correctly between Jake Junis and Vince Velasquez.

yahoo vetoed 2 trades at the deadline

give bregman, gibson

get Kershaw, corbin, ray

so I took ray and Gibson out of the deal and they still vetoed bregman and marco gonzo 4 Kershaw and corbin. ha

really hope they don't veto keston and gallen 4 giolito and wheeler. im amazed that they vetoed the deals. never had anything like this happen

Well it's playoff week so of course I would happen to be going up against Torres and my lineup (including Arenado, Betts and Lindor) would pretty much do nothing.  And the icing on the cake is Hand blowing a save.  Rinse and repeat every single year.

My league has 2 SP slots, and 4 P slots. Haven't been in a situation where that isn't enough to start everyone before.

I had 6 starters pitching today then May got moved up. First time I've ever had to bench a SP that is starting because I physically cannot fit him into my lineup.

Kluber, Snell, Price and Cole on DL. This is why I'm quitting fantasy after this year. Too old to be getting angry and stressed over things like this.

in b4 SeE yOu NeXt YeAr posts. Playing this season out and going cold turkey..it's been fun boys.

It's playoff week so naturally Hand and Workman blow saves on back to back nights.  I figured I'd have a decent shot at a save given that they're playing against each other.  Nope.

7 hours ago, DonaldsDucks said:

My league has 2 SP slots, and 4 P slots. Haven't been in a situation where that isn't enough to start everyone before.

I had 6 starters pitching today then May got moved up. First time I've ever had to bench a SP that is starting because I physically cannot fit him into my lineup.

Update: 2/7 starters pitched well

Boyd, then Gallen, then Workman, then Miley, and now Bradley all dump on my ratios. Who’s next this week? I’m only fighting for staying in the top 3 for money this week but nbd. Nola what you got??

Yahoo is colluding against me.

they just vetoed another deal my keston and gallen 4 giolito and wheeler. amazing they vetoed all 3 of my deals for SP at the deadline. 

36 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

Boyd, then Gallen, then Workman, then Miley, and now Bradley all dump on my ratios. Who’s next this week? I’m only fighting for staying in the top 3 for money this week but nbd. Nola what you got??

Starting Gallen in Coors, what did you expect?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, murraygd13 said:

Hate to say it, but yep, anybody who started Gallen last night was asking for their ratios to be destroyed.  Granted some of us that pitched McKay in a much better matchup didn't really fare any better, but that's beside the point.  I can understand somewhat if you are in a weekly league and really wanted his second start, but otherwise there was absolutely no reason to start Gallen, and this is coming from somebody that is really high on him moving forward.

2 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

I only did after watching Boyd begin my week off with a hot steamy pile on the mound. Also my opponent started off with an 8 era over his first 18 innings so I took the chance for the win. Gallen actually lowered my era and whip after what Boyd did.