Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

vent and rant thread would seem to allow any tangent we would like to cuss about. having to wait to fill ur roster cause teams DL guys at different pace is a pain. Will I end up with a saves reliever or a hold reliever who knows awaiting JUP getting DL eventually. Cespedes did get his DL but I already moved off him since he is kinda old to wait out a dl thing for.

2 minutes ago, Jub Jub said:

Probably has something to do with waiting until the actual season begins and the number of official days a player is required to remain on the DL. So for some players and their team it makes sense to wait until the first day of the season. 

The only way this would work to a team's advantage is if they put someone on the DL early.  Still not seeing any advantage to waiting.  But, as always, I could be wrong.

Okay it's almost noon on opening day, the IL thing has gone from funny/mildly annoying to a very true and real source of frustration.  WTF is going on.

• Like 1

There are going to be so many IL faxes hitting the league office before the Noon EST deadline 😃. I hope the intern put paper in the machine.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Okay it's almost noon on opening day, the IL thing has gone from funny/mildly annoying to a very true and real source of frustration.  WTF is going on.

I'm refreshing my team page every 5 mins or less and every time Kershaw isn't on the DL I'm mad all over again.  Why am I doing this to myself.

• Like 1

Just now, JJ1223 said:

I'm refreshing my team page every 5 mins or less and every time Kershaw isn't on the DL I'm mad all over again.  Why am I doing this to myself.

LAD do not start until 4pm.  Technically, they don't have to submit until their season actually starts, I believe.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, kelle1sa said:

LAD do not start until 4pm.  Technically, they don't have to submit until their season actually starts, I believe.

Well **** them.  Might be a long day for me.

Edited by JJ1223
  • Haha 1

I hate waiting on the Dodgers for anything.  Beyond being on the west coast I feel as if their lineups and IL placements are always so last minute.  Which is especially fun for a team that is known for musical chairing their lineups and manipulating the IL system.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

I hate waiting on the Dodgers for anything.  Beyond being on the west coast I feel as if their lineups and IL placements are always so last minute.  Which is especially fun for a team that is known for musical chairing their lineups and manipulating the IL system.

Honestly from a pure baseball fan perspective, I love that they manipulate the DL.  I would so the same if I was a manager.  I just do not see the upside in what they are doing with Kershaw.  They've known for months that he's going to start the season on the DL - better wait until, literally, the last minute!

Edited by JJ1223

Just now, bcobb311 said:

Lindor went on yesterday and you still can’t move him there in yahoo. 

And now you can

It’s actually sad how many times I have refreshed my screen in hopes of seeing Kershaw finally being put on the IL.

40 minutes ago, bcobb311 said:

Lindor went on yesterday and you still can’t move him there in yahoo. 

Same deal with ESPN but ESPN has gone completely downhill so I shouldn't have expected otherwise. I'm so pissed at myself I didn't unload Lindor. I've been uneasy about him since I drafted him and tried to get Goldschmidt but the manager never responded to my offer. All of yesterday morning I was thinking about offering Lindor for Freeman -- then the news broke. 

1 hour ago, Baur10 said:

Like we all do in fantasy....

14 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Like clockwork. Every year my hitters start out awful. 0 for 13 and counting

Day 1 

26 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Like clockwork. Every year my hitters start out awful. 0 for 13 and counting

Just wait until blown save to cap ocff your night.

What is with the licensing agreement stuff that prevents me from watching games from my laptop?  I'm with Xfinity and it's telling me I have to be connected to my in home wifi to watch anything other than the Dodgers, DBacks game.  I'm at work on my laptop and would love to watch the Braves, Phillies.  What exactly is it they're trying to prevent me from doing here?

Posted (edited)

So I benched Berrios because he’s facing Kluber and Cleveland which he struggled last year also faces KC next start  not looking good so far  ahaha .i have a start limit so I had to make decisions.

Edited by Dontrelle Willis

4 minutes ago, Dontrelle Willis said:

So I benched Berrios because he’s facing Kluber and Cleveland which he struggled last year also faces KC next start  not looking good so far  ahaha .i have a start limit so I had to make decisions.

Don’t sit your studs