Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

Trevor Bauer will be on my DND list next year. 

4 hours ago, supac720 said:

Trevor Bauer will be on my DND list next year. 

How does a dude go from lights out to scrub in the span of one season? Just effing horrendous. Juiced ball seems to have effected some pitchers more than others, but this has to go beyond that.

And with juiced ball giving every fantasy team ridiculous offenses, if your "Ace" sucks or got hurt this year (Bauer/Snell/etc), degree of difficulty in winning your league skyrockets.

It's fun going against teams with a .350+ batting average for 3 weeks in a row.

2 hours ago, Slimzy17 said:

It's fun going against teams with a .350+ batting average for 3 weeks in a row.

It'd be nice if those teams would be willing to sell me some batting average.  Barely hit .200 just as often as I get a good day of hitting.  Following up a .200 day currently with a .185 average for the day.

11 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Garver with 2 HRs today.  I will bet my life that he's on the bench tomorrow.  

Day game after a night game, most catchers sit in that situation.

59 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Day game after a night game, most catchers sit in that situation.

No doubt.  But Garver routinely gets benched multiple games in a row.  He’s absolutely crushing the ball this year so I don’t get it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

No doubt.  But Garver routinely gets benched multiple games in a row.  He’s absolutely crushing the ball this year so I don’t get it.

Agreed.  It is happening with Will Smith in LA as well, but this one has been going all season and is probably even more mind boggling.  I could understand if Castro was a decent enough hitter, but he's awful in comparison to Garver.  Not to mention the fact that Garver has been one of their best hitters and will bat leadoff, so obviously their manager knows his value.  Had Garver and moved on eventually because of the sporadic playing time.

Given how sporadic his playing time is, I'm not buying into the fact that he would actually need a day off after a night game.  I know that will likely be the excuse if he's out of the lineup today, but when you don't play anywhere near as much as starting catchers used to, then you don't really need it.

8 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Agreed.  It is happening with Will Smith in LA as well, but this one has been going all season and is probably even more mind boggling.  I could understand if Castro was a decent enough hitter, but he's awful in comparison to Garver.  Not to mention the fact that Garver has been one of their best hitters and will bat leadoff, so obviously their manager knows his value.  Had Garver and moved on eventually because of the sporadic playing time.

Given how sporadic his playing time is, I'm not buying into the fact that he would actually need a day off after a night game.  I know that will likely be the excuse if he's out of the lineup today, but when you don't play anywhere near as much as starting catchers used to, then you don't really need it.

Sounds like you out smarted yourself..you moved on from Garver?  

He's 2nd in the league in runs at catcher, 6th for RBI, 2nd in HR.  Whoever you replaced him with has likely produced less in more playing time.

1 minute ago, murraygd13 said:

Sounds like you out smarted yourself..you moved on from Garver?  

He's 2nd in the league in runs at catcher, 6th for RBI, 2nd in HR.  Whoever you replaced him with has likely produced less in more playing time.

Ended up trading for Realmuto, so it worked out.  It might sound a bit silly, but I would rather just plug in one guy rather than having to check if the person is going to play literally everyday.

might miss out on first rd bye if I don't win 7-3 because this other dude is going to 10-0 a team that didn't check because he is out of contention.

going to come down to my opponent rp throwing a clean inn or 2 to take whip. FML

Anyone else check their era and think "not great,but thats not bad" and then realize its your whip? 

4 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

Anyone else check their era and think "not great,but thats not bad" and then realize its your whip? 

i don't mean to laugh as I know we've both had plenty of rough days this season, but I had to chuckle a bit.

My batting average for the day isn't much higher than my team's ERA.  Last 3 days... .200, .175, and currently .185.  Oy vey...

• Like 1

I just lost by 4 points in the semi round. If I had won, I would have been guaranteed $200.  I wonder if having either Sale or Snell might have helped? Ended up with the following rotation and still only lost by 4:   Allard, Vargas, Stroman, Hendricks, Bassitt, Quantrill.  Lol I’m wondering if anyone has ever had a worse rotation in a semi matchup.

44 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

i don't mean to laugh as I know we've both had plenty of rough days this season, but I had to chuckle a bit.

My batting average for the day isn't much higher than my team's ERA.  Last 3 days... .200, .175, and currently .185.  Oy vey...

So, what happens when one of my pitchers faces one of your hitters? Is there just like a big flash of light and the world ends?  Does time just freeze? A batter can’t strike out and hit a 3 run homer at the same time. Mind mending paradox.

• Like 1

So I'm fighting for the last playoff spot in my league.  Our tie-breakers are as follows:

1. Head-to-Head record

2. Divisional Record

3. Coin Flip (yeah, idk why)

So we finish with same exact record, split our head-to-head match-up's, both had the same winning percentage within the division.  So now we get to let ESPN decide the coin-flip 😬

13 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

So, what happens when one of my pitchers faces one of your hitters? Is there just like a big flash of light and the world ends?  Does time just freeze? A batter can’t strike out and hit a 3 run homer at the same time. Mind mending paradox.

Nvm.,,,the answer is a hbp

Not a good week

Current DL(7): JoRam, Suarez, Hiura, Contreras, Laureano, Cano, Segura is on leave.

Likely to get everyone back but JoRam. Hiura, Suarez(the best ones) in time for playoffs a week from now.

Half game out of a bye week against the team currently 1 spot out of making playoffs. Top 3 teams fighting for 2 byes all within a game.

I sorely regret starting ReyLo against the Braves chasing wins and k's

Edit: Oh and Yahoo "blessed" me with the 6th pick overall for football

Edited by dkrocka

I just had a sinking feeling the moment acuna was gifted a walk to start the game that he'd come around to score and it would end up being the difference between a QS and not for gio. Sure enough...

Robo-umps can't get here soon enough. Sick of this s---. 

3 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

I just lost by 4 points in the semi round. If I had won, I would have been guaranteed $200.  I wonder if having either Sale or Snell might have helped? Ended up with the following rotation and still only lost by 4:   Allard, Vargas, Stroman, Hendricks, Bassitt, Quantrill.  Lol I’m wondering if anyone has ever had a worse rotation in a semi matchup.

Quantril, Civale, Desclafani, Wainwright, Montgomery, Roark, and Foltyinewicz.  Semis start tomorrow and last for two weeks. 

6 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

My hitter gets out, but everybody else knocks your pitcher around.  That's my prediction. 😀

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Quantril, Civale, Desclafani, Wainwright, Montgomery, Roark, and Foltyinewicz.  Semis start tomorrow and last for two weeks. 

Wow that’s pretty bad.  Good luck.  My semis were also 2 weeks.  Fortunately I have the best lineup in the league but it wasn’t enough to carry those scrubs.  Now I have to go through it again in the 3rd place matchup.