Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

20 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Yahoo server not updating stats today. sweet. 

Is today the day the music actually died? 

Not a good feeling looking at your daily lineup and realizing you forgot to start Gerrit Cole today. Just 6ip, 14k’s, 3h, 1r, and in line for the win. 🤢 🤮 

Would have been nice to know Alex Wood injured his back again..BEFORE I set my lineup for the week.

55 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

1st round of the playoffs and buehler, quantrill, soroka have ended my season.  

Dickheads. 

At least Soroka got you a win and buehler should get the win (silver lining)

1 hour ago, crotchcrickets said:

1st round of the playoffs and buehler, quantrill, soroka have ended my season.  

Dickheads. 

I hear you.  My playoffs don't start until next week, but my pitching staff is crumbling well enough in advance that I'm quickly losing any title aspirations.  Sale Canning & Chirinos gone to injury, and Price for the most part too.  Ryu, Quantrill and Caleb Smith all suddenly suck, and Maeda is going to the bullpen.  Sucks. 

I'm getting Contreras cano Laureano and maybe Suarez back this week. Segura back soon too but he doesn't matter as much. Losing joram and kiura really hurts SB. Playoffs next week, hopefully a bye. 1 game back of 1st and .5 from 2nd. 2 bye teams so I need to spoil the #7 seed from making it to 6th whose been having a Cinderella second half. Fun times when you go from favorite to edge of your seat having to pick up leury Garcia and Howie Kendrick trying to regain ground on a bye week

1.5 games up on 2nd place. We give out a prize for regular season first place. I’m playing the 4th place team who’s the defending champ and on fire. He’s playing second to last place team with no adds left and half his team on the DL. That team also got off to a great pitching start with Buehler and Quantrill. His only major injuries have been Moncada and Ryu while I’ve lose Sanchez Voit Olson Moustakas Suarez Story Gallo Haniger Glasnow and Clevinger at different points over the year.  Some people just have all the luck. Oh and Acuna just suddenly forgot how to play right when I need him most. 

53 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

1.5 games up on 2nd place. We give out a prize for regular season first place. I’m playing the 4th place team who’s the defending champ and on fire. He’s playing second to last place team with no adds left and half his team on the DL. That team also got off to a great pitching start with Buehler and Quantrill. His only major injuries have been Moncada and Ryu while I’ve lose Sanchez Voit Olson Moustakas Suarez Story Gallo Haniger Glasnow and Clevinger at different points over the year.  Some people just have all the luck. Oh and Acuna just suddenly forgot how to play right when I need him most. 

😭 Playoffs just started this week for me too.  Should be able to advance somewhat easily because my opponents pitching is trash but really gonna need Acuna to find that swing again. 

Montogomery went 5.2IP 1ER 5K yesterday.. YOU COULDN'T LET HIM GET ONE MORE OUT FOR THE QS!?

I could survive the 27 DL trips by my starters (guy ahead of me has has 2) .  But its that constant “he’ll be back soon that drags on for weeks until the guys actually  “out for the year” thats destroying me.

I will never roster a player on Tampa ever again after how they've handled Nate Lowe this season.  I still have Yarbrough on my team for the stretch run because I desperately need his ratios to continue to make up for my team sucking for much of the first half, but I would have traded him too if my team wasn't in a tight race for second place.

The most overrated manager of this generation... Kevin Cash.

On 9/4/2019 at 8:45 AM, shakestreet said:

At this time, when playoffs come—- H2H is all luck. 

Especially in a weekly lineup. I’m down 1-10-1 to a team I finished thirty games ahead of in the regular season because my pitching melted down like it was the Mets bullpen (Wade Miley, Ty Buttrey, etc) while half my offense went AWOL literally (Baez, Marwin Gonzalez, a couple other guys already out or missed games)

Would have also been nice not to have a Verlander no hitter wasted on the eve of the playoffs when I was already locked into the top seed lol

Edited by AllWrightNow

20 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

I could survive the 27 DL trips by my starters (guy ahead of me has has 2) .  But its that constant “he’ll be back soon that drags on for weeks until the guys actually  “out for the year” thats destroying me.

Yeah, injuries usually dictate who wins when teams/owners are close in talent and ability.

The first place team in my league is running away with the title. To his credit he made great picks. At the same time, he's not had a single major injury. 

Meanwhile, my season was over by early June. Incredible amount of injuries and DTDs. Stanton and Olson went down in the first week. Even had two player cancers and one PED suspension. The trend hasn't stopped. I've just now stopped making roster moves, I am just letting the DTDs fill my roster now.

Edited by papasmurf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, papasmurf said:

Yeah, injuries usually dictate who wins when teams/owners are close in talent and ability.

The first place team in my league is running away with the title. To his credit he made great picks. At the same time, he's not had a single major injury. 

Meanwhile, my season was over by early June. Incredible amount of injuries and DTDs. Stanton and Olson went down in the first week. Even had two player cancers and one PED suspension. The trend hasn't stopped. I've just now stopped making roster moves, I am just letting the DTDs fill my roster now.

Lol. Its so bad for me that im streaming position players the way people stream pitchers.  At least you live in Boston and can enjoy REAL sports😜.

Well, that turned out to be a great call.  Benched Willie Calhoun for the second straight day because he's done very little for a while now and he hits HRs in his first two ABs so far.  Having enough problems with offense, but leaving it on the bench really sucks.  The only saving grace I suppose is that I didn't actually cut him, so oh well I guess.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Well, that turned out to be a great call.  Benched Willie Calhoun for the second straight day because he's done very little for a while now and he hits HRs in his first two ABs so far.  Having enough problems with offense, but leaving it on the bench really sucks.  The only saving grace I suppose is that I didn't actually cut him, so oh well I guess.

If it makes you feel any better, I benched Freeman on Sunday, the last day of a neck-and-neck H2H championship matchup because he was listed DTD after fouling a ball off his foot Sat.

I scoured lineup lists in the AM and couldn’t confirm he would be able to go in time. I had to make a decision to start Sano at 1B out of safety. Freeman ends up hitting 2 HR, 5 RBI and I lost the championship by 1 RBI

Edited by UberRebel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

Haha...he’s soooooo gonna go 0-12 the second you put him in your lineup.  He’s that guy. I’m 1 /23 if that makes you feel better.

• Like 1

Lamet is soooooo bad.  I keep falling into the trap thinking this is going to be the day he goes at least 6 innings.  What a damn clown.

1 hour ago, Cesare13 said:

Haha...he’s soooooo gonna go 0-12 the second you put him in your lineup.  He’s that guy. I’m 1 /23 if that makes you feel better.

It is Baltimore, so maybe 2-12.  Still bad though. 😀

It doesn't do anything of rme because tonight is a rare night of great offense for me.  My offense is definitely bipolar.

21 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

giolito and pineda throw gems. bullpens blow it. what else is new

Of course an offense like Minnesota's couldn't give Pineda a bigger lead against a pitcher like Plutko.