Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

Sale, Kluber, Price, JRam, Ryu (start skipped) and now Pineda after spending $12 in FAAB last night (dropped by someone streaming trying to advance). Have you ever heard of this level of insanity happening to anyone let alone right before the playoffs? Someone please share stories of anyone that’s had it worse to ease the pain. spacer.png

I feel for you, but you asked...

Kluber, Taillon, Weaver, Woodruff, Glasnow suffering a setback right after I traded for him since he was supposed to be shortly after the day he had a setback, Bauer not being Bauer, Snell not being Snell after trading for him and basically getting 0 run support even when he was good, Jose Ramirez, J.D. Davis not being a regular anymore, and now Pineda getting suspended.  I also went into the season with Goldschmidt and had to trade him because he sucks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I feel for you, but you asked...

Kluber, Taillon, Weaver, Woodruff, Glasnow suffering a setback right after I traded for him since he was supposed to be shortly after the day he had a setback, Bauer not being Bauer, Snell not being Snell after trading for him and basically getting 0 run support even when he was good, Jose Ramirez, J.D. Davis not being a regular anymore, and now Pineda getting suspended.  I also went into the season with Goldschmidt and had to trade him because he sucks.

I too own Bauer and forgot to mention Musgrove. Musgrove might not miss more than the one start, but just more nonsense going into the semifinals. Only good luck I’ve managed is to sneak out a first round bye this week even with all this craziness going on.

With a win and I'm in scenario  Buehler, Yarbrough,  and Hendrick's have their 2nd starts this week pushed to next week. 

41 minutes ago, MrBrett said:

With a win and I'm in scenario  Buehler, Yarbrough,  and Hendrick's have their 2nd starts this week pushed to next week. 

Sucks for weekly leagues, but in the case of Yarbrough, it's not a bad thing otherwise as he gets Texas.  It's in Texas, but still, they've been awful in the second half when not facing the Orioles.

Struggled with injuries all year but managed to make the playoffs.  Lose Muncy last week, Baez they can't figure out his thumb is broken, Moose is so hurt he can't swing a bat, and random replacements catch the flu on me.  Yet, they can't be placed on the DL.   I've got Gallo, Gurriel, La Stella, D. Santana already out.  Just flat out stinks.  My pitching is fine, I'm going to win 5 our of 6 but I can't win a batting category to save my life.

Oh, and I lead the league in steals, had 11 (!) last week, and have 2 this week. My opponent has 4 and has 40 less steals on the year.

Unbelievably unlucky.

Of course I also have Pineda who is going to eat up a roster spot for a 1/3 of next year.

On 9/6/2019 at 4:14 PM, Cesare13 said:

Lol. Its so bad for me that im streaming position players the way people stream pitchers.  At least you live in Boston and can enjoy REAL sports😜.

Curious, why do you think I live in BOS?

(I don't)

4 hours ago, papasmurf said:

Curious, why do you think I live in BOS?

(I don't)

Oooops, sorry.  My bad.  You’re a Sox fan though right? I might just be way off on this, in which case please ignore my clearly failed and  lame attempts at Making you feel better.

Voit, Judge and Boegarts out of lineup tonight and the Yankees are facing an absolute scrub in EJax too... 😠

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, supac720 said:

Voit, Judge and Boegarts out of lineup tonight and the Yankees are facing an absolute scrub in EJax too... 😠

I'm in the same boat with the extra slap to the face with my opponent having Gardner🤨

2 brewers pitchers widely available on 2 consecutive days facing the marlins, 2 leads each game,  both pulled after 4 innings.

Rays score a combined 24 runs in their last 4 games, but score a whopping 1 run for Yarbrough tonight.  He hasn't won in 6 starts now.  I really want to move on, but his ratios are too good (especially his WHIP).

Trade etiquette 

1) Do not sit on fair trades and let them expire. 

2) Do not send try and trade a player who you know just a) got hurt or b) is very likely to be suspended long term. 

3) Do not cry for a veto if bad news happened 24 hours after a fair trade. 

2 teams on byes.

First team is 18/58 (310), with 11 runs, 6hrs, and 13 rbis

Second team is 18/56 (.321), with 8 runs, 3hrs, and 8rbis.  Pitching on this team has 20inn, 27k, 1.77 ERA, .93Whip with 2QS

You just know that next week both teams will go into the tank

These youtube games of the week are freakin awful. Nonstop terrible interviews. Wish they would just let us watch the game in peace.

own yelich in 6 of my 9 playoffs teams. FML. also have plenty of shares of trout, jo ram, keston

Actual commentary from the youtube game of the week (about David Fletcher)

"He just plays the game."

"He's a baseball player"

👌

Love how injured players don't get put on the DL in September. Makes managing a dynasty roster soooo wonderful 😑

nothing better than swapping yelich for fowler, eaton, khris davis, c dick, laureano. just getting ready for fantasy b ball h2h playoffs. 

4 starters yesterday, the worst start was Gallen and his 3 ER in 6 innings. Still couldn't get one win!

Team on a bye - 19/50 .380 avg 1.398 ops 6 hr 12 rbi 16 r

Team playing first round - 4/38 .105 avg .371 ops 0 hr 1 rbi 0 r