Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

My guys are either slumping down the stretch, getting slightly injured and out for the year because they are out of contention or accused of being a rapist and out for the year. 

Picked up Kyle Lewis after his back-to-back-to-back HR streak to start his career even if I didn't buy into it because of mediocre minor league numbers.  Didn't do anything for two games, including an awful 0-4 with 3 K's game, so I bench him only to see him have another huge game.  Play him again tonight and he strikes out 4 times against mediocre to awful pitching.  4 games I didn't own him/play him for: 8-17 with 4 HRs, 8 RBIs, and 4 K's.  The 3 games I've played him: 1-13, 0 HRs, 1 RBI, and 8 K's.

Helps make me feel fantastic about another awful hitting night no matter how many trades and pick-ups I make.  I miss the days when this was actually fun...

• Like 1

Weekly lock league h2h playoffs jd and marte sweet man. Same team im sitting betts due to injury. So glad i traded kershaw and soraka for jd. 

To whine some more lost yelich on 3 bye week playoff teams. Had ftjr on 6 teams bought low on joram in a few poor me poor me fml.

few days left in my championship bracket - no Yelich, Gary Sanchez, Jo-Ram, Trout or Marte..........

Possibly the worst week of offense I've ever had, which might be hard to believe given some of my posts, but I'm definitely knee deep is crap so far this week.  Monday with a .129 team average on a short slate with no HRs and very little else, Tuesday with a .219 average and 2 HRs, and now tonight so far a .170 average with 1 HR and little else.  I even made trades recently to try to finally break the cycle, but nope.  How a team of Murphy, Abreu, Albies, Lindor, Realmuto, Newman, Soto, Yordan, Mercado, A.Garcia, Lewis, Wong, a was red hot A.Nola, and H.Castro can have a collective day that bad is beyond me.  Only had the last two because the Mets refuse to play J.D. Davis everyday anymore and recently picked up Marwin Gonzalez had the day off for whatever reason.  

For the second season in a row, I can't wait for it to be over.  It's not even fun anymore, even if I somehow finish in a decent spot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

Only had the last two because the Mets refuse to play J.D. Davis everyday anymore and recently picked up Marwin Gonzalez had the day off for whatever reason.  

amen to this, freaking mets!

• Like 1

So Kyle Gibson is opening now? Sweeeeeeeeeet, wish I realized that before adding him at 3 AM this morning

Edited by LoGo

Week 2 of playoffs and manage to have a day with both of my teams having zero batters going against full lineups.  How the ef!

Can't spell Bumgarner without bum

Always nice to be struggling for consistent offensive production and have managers refuse to play one of their best hitters everyday.  J.D. Davis with the Mets, and now Avisail Garcia with the Rays even though their offense sucks.  I know neither are quite league winners, but it would be pretty helpful to have their solid production to use more than a few times a week...

Wow Matz gets pushed back a day and I have no moves left to replace his lost start.  F-ing BS as I only have two starters while he has one and I am down 6-4 in QS.  Gonna need some miracles to happen the final day of my championship match.  I either need my offense to produce 4+ more runs than his, have both of my starters get a QS while his does not (Voth vs Boyd and Means), and/or have my two starters and 4 relievers (Robles, Kennedy, Workman, Lugo) get 11+ more Ks than his starter.  All this while maintaining my 3-2 SB lead, and my lead in ERA (currently 3.61 to 3.87) and WHIP (currently 1.22 to 1.25).  Really F-ing hurt that I also had 4 starters all fail to get a QS yesterday.  Not looking good for my team, so I am ready to settle for 2nd for the third time in four years.  This one just hurts extra bad as I won the regular season by 18 games (F-ing Trout injury and Bichette concussion).

Felt a little more hope with the extra starter - thanks Mets.

If today continues the way it is right now, I will have failed to finish with a batting average over .245 and/or more than 1 HR for every day this week...

And to top it off, Verlander is struggling to even get through 5 innings against an awful Angels' lineup...

I've had 3 weeks in two years with an OBP under .331. Naturally, one of them was last week (.309).

*SIGH* On to the 3rd place matchup :( 

Lost in semi-final in a 20 team money league by 1 HR & RBI. 

A tie in either category would have put my team in the finals. 

Came down to the Phillies & Indians game. I had Segura & Reyes. Reyes hits only a two run blast, Segura goes hitless in 3 ABs 

One consolidation I will be getting my pay in money back plus a little extra for me... 

I am so sick of teams not ILing people with the expanded rosters.

Going into a final and I own both Marte's, Josh Bell and Bo Bichette. It's a keeper league so can't drop any of them. This is absolute bs.

• Like 1

Eflin throws 2 complete game shutout gems against me and is awesome for the last month. Of course he sucks tonight when I play him in the championship. Also needed him to not suck to help out the Mets. Bum. 

Marlins are ******** idiots for leaving Caleb in. He’s been gassed for 2 months now. He’s not a pitcher who can pitch deep into games. When his FB velo drops from 92 to 88 it’s time to take him out. His year would’ve looked so much better if they’d treat him like a 5 inning starter.

• Like 1

Just now, meh2 said:

Marlins are ******** idiots for leaving Caleb in. He’s been gassed for 2 months now. He’s not a pitcher who can pitch deep into games. When his FB velo drops from 92 to 88 it’s time to take him out. His year would’ve looked so much better if they’d treat him like a 5 inning starter.

Should have taken him out after that second walk.  I just assumed they did and thought I’d only get charged 2 earned runs.  Was about to vent about the marlins bullpen when I saw he was at 102 pitches.  You KNOW he’s not getting this win.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Should have taken him out after that second walk.  I just assumed they did and thought I’d only get charged 2 earned runs.  Was about to vent about the marlins bullpen when I saw he was at 102 pitches.  You KNOW he’s not getting this win.

They’ve done it all year. He’s got a 5.34ERA third time through the order coming into tonight. He’s a max effort guy. He turns into a sweaty mess on the mound after a few innings and clearly isn’t cut out to pitch deep into games. So frustrating.

4 minutes ago, meh2 said:

They’ve done it all year. He’s got a 5.34ERA third time through the order coming into tonight. He’s a max effort guy. He turns into a sweaty mess on the mound after a few innings and clearly isn’t cut out to pitch deep into games. So frustrating.

To be completely fair, once you see how quickly and ruthlessly this lead is blown by the pen, 5.34 will actually look pretty good.

• Like 1

Obviously I'm not concerned one bit, but it is still a bit frustrating.  Come on Soto.  I traded for you in my keeper league and you are now 1-19 so far since the trade.