Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

My Scherzer and Snell are getting outpitched by opponents streamers the like of Bundy, because why not?

Nothing quite like starting off the first full night of the crucial final week with your offense 0-12...

Teheran murdering my WHIP totally the opposite of what I needed him to do

Edit: There goes the ERA too

Edited by 6Kill
Julio stinko

In my 2-week long H2H championship, my staff with 5 closers (Neris, Pagan, Workman, Melancon, Kela) hasn't picked up a save in 5 days.  Meanwhile, my opponent's only closer (Hudson) is over here converting 2 in the same day to pull even.  You can't make this s--- up man... 

As if it hasn't been hard enough cobbling an offense together after losing Yelich, Marte and Mondesi during the playoffs.  

2 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Nothing quite like starting off the first full night of the crucial final week with your offense 0-12...

4/34 on the night so far here 

lost at least 19 shares of trout Mookie yelich acuna in 10 leagues. not including bichette, keston, giolito who I had at least 5 shares each, jo ram and jt realmuto had 3 shares each and others.

had the best team in 7.5/10 leagues, got 5 into championship, will be lucky to win 1 or 2 thanks to a 5-5 tie breaker rule.

doubled up my investment when I should of tripled up easily.

last rant of 2019. well....

tenor.gif 

Edited by colepenhagen

Crunched the numbers (like a masochistic idiot) and found that the Gio/Eloy for Taillon/Vladdy trade I made in one of my main leagues (that wrapped up last week) did indeed cost me a top 2 finish. Used the Taillon spot to stream and consequently had my worst ever year streaming pitchers. Just a small increase in QS, ERA, and WHIP would have put me at 1 or 2. I legit thought this was a highway robbery trade, the best I've made in years, and it cost me more money than I will admit to my girlfriend when she asks ☹️

Suppose it's worth mentioning the Tatis for Verlander trade in one of my other leagues will put me in the winner's circle, but it's a secondary league with a lesser payout than the one above.

Prospects and injuries. Every year. This s--- is so much luck that it's painful sometimes.

Getting real tired of my so-called "aces" getting collectively blown up this week

Starting to wonder if fantasy baseball should take a page from fantasy football and end the season before the final week.

So many players ending their seasons with minor injuries, pitchers not pitching to prep for playoffs, guys getting rest, etc.

I was on a roll to the ship in 2 leagues and now I might be looking at 2nd and/or 3rd place.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Starting to wonder if fantasy baseball should take a page from fantasy football and end the season before the final week.

So many players ending their seasons with minor injuries, pitchers not pitching to prep for playoffs, guys getting rest, etc.

I was on a roll to the ship in 2 leagues and now I might be looking at 2nd and/or 3rd place.

Yeah, this is beyond ridiculous. I mean it's bad every year but this year for some reason just feels like it's way worse, injuries to key players all over the place, resting guys, teams shutting guys down. I'm trying to find replacements to replacements. Totally out of moves or near the limit in H2H and roto trying to piece together the final innings is like torture.

• Thanks 1

Things will change some next year as the MLB will limit rosters to 28 players in the month of September.  Still doesn't stop teams from shutting players down and making up injuries once they are out of playoff contention.  But next year the last few weeks will be much better.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

Things will change some next year as the MLB will limit rosters to 28 players in the month of September.  Still doesn't stop teams from shutting players down and making up injuries once they are out of playoff contention.  But next year the last few weeks will be much better.

Can't be any worse at least.  Nothing like struggling for offensive consistency for the entire second half, somehow managing to stay in the fight for 2nd place, and then having Yordan Alvarez and now likely Juan Soto hardly playing in the final week.  Losing J.T. Realmuto, picking up a red hot Yan Gomes to replace him against two awful lefties and getting basically nothing,  Somehow currently hitting .214 with 0 HRs for the night.

I thought the idea was it was good to have hitters on good teams, but not this season.  At least not for the final week.

• Like 1

Am I missing something with Soto? He's had one day off since they clinched, which is pretty standard. Why is he expected to hardly play the rest of the week?

• Like 1

Yu done at 178 IP when I need him the most. I miss the old days when everyone just wanted to pitch 200 IP regardless of the situation. 

4 hours ago, Hanghow said:

Am I missing something with Soto? He's had one day off since they clinched, which is pretty standard. Why is he expected to hardly play the rest of the week?

Agreed.  Don't think he'll be out all week.  Nats simply clinched a playoff spot and he got a day off amidst an awful slump.  Hopefully he is a bit refreshed and snaps out of it the next 3 days.  At most, I see him getting one more day off.  Nats don't want to play in Milwaukee or St. Louis.

11 hours ago, Hanghow said:

Sorry to spark any concerns or whatever you want to call it about Soto.  Was pretty frustrated when I made that post with not having Yordan or Soto not playing in the same night with needing offense desperately.  With them having nothing to play for, it was a possibility still, but thankfully he's playing today.  Hopefully Yordan is back out there tonight as well.

26 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Sorry to spark any concerns or whatever you want to call it about Soto.  Was pretty frustrated when I made that post with not having Yordan or Soto not playing in the same night with needing offense desperately.  With them having nothing to play for, it was a possibility still, but thankfully he's playing today.  Hopefully Yordan is back out there tonight as well.

lol I need him and have a good amount of guys hurt. I immediately started scouring Twitter wondering if I missed something. No big deal; good luck!

• Thanks 1