Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

Recommended Posts

Ho hum, another awful start to a day like basically every day for as long as I can remember...  1-11 with a solo HR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GD MF Corbin. Seriously?! Fronted a huge lead and can’t get thru 5! FU. 🤬🥵😡😤😭😭😭😢😢😪😪🤧☠️☠️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The second season in a row where I can't wait for the season to be over.  I have 4 hitters on two teams that scored a combined 17 runs.  They are currently a combined 2-11, with 3 Runs, and 1 RBI....

It literally has not meant a damn thing what I've done for basically the whole second half as far as hitting goes.  Pick a hot player with a fantastic matchup, watch them go 0-fer.  Trade for Juan Soto. Watch him do basically nothing to close out the season.  3-21 so far tonight, and I'm likely going to finish the season dead last in batting average even though I've put in a ton of work to try to improve it, and I think it's actually gotten slightly worse.

Only one more day....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

The second season in a row where I can't wait for the season to be over.  I have 4 hitters on two teams that scored a combined 17 runs.  They are currently a combined 2-11, with 3 Runs, and 1 RBI....

It literally has not meant a damn thing what I've done for basically the whole second half as far as hitting goes.  Pick a hot player with a fantastic matchup, watch them go 0-fer.  Trade for Juan Soto. Watch him do basically nothing to close out the season.  3-21 so far tonight, and I'm likely going to finish the season dead last in batting average even though I've put in a ton of work to try to improve it, and I think it's actually gotten slightly worse.

Only one more day....

Gotta love making things worse by researching to make them better.  I think I lost like 6 total points trying to chase what turned out to be 1 stolen base.  Just think, in 6 short months, we get to come back here and complain all over again while we’ll adjusted people enjoy their night😜. Good  luck on the final day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Gotta love making things worse by researching to make them better.  I think I lost like 6 total points trying to chase what turned out to be 1 stolen base.  Just think, in 6 short months, we get to come back here and complain all over again while we’ll adjusted people enjoy their night😜. Good  luck on the final day.

Yeah, hopefully next season is better.  If not, I think I might end up "retiring".  I know it might sound dramatic, but it's not worth the disappointment and stress really anymore.  I haven't had legit fun with fantasy baseball in about 2 seasons now, but again, hopefully next season is better.

If a team that will be made up of J.T. Realmuto, Jose Abreu, Jose Ramirez, Francisco Lindor, Juan Soto, Yordan Alvarez, Shane Bieber, and Justin Verlander isn't fun to manage, then it really will truly be time to quit.  We actually keep 9, but I haven't decided on that one yet.

Thanks and good luck as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaron Civale....I needed a Win. I needed innings. I needed Ks.

James Paxton....I needed a Win. I needed innings. I needed Ks.

Adam Wainwright....I needed a Win. I needed innings. I needed Ks.

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Padres have been out of it forever, yet Hosmer and Machado find their way into the lineup everyday.  My closest competition has both of them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Silly me for thinking I was going to have my first good all around offensive day in a long time (Batting Average along with the HRs and counting stats)....  Started off 5-11 with 2 HR's.  My team has gone 1-15 since.  Yikes.  Only a couple more hours....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alvarez has been an absolute puke all week vs lefties. Fn Astros bench him twice vs gas can righties but put him out there vs lefties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Yeah, hopefully next season is better.  If not, I think I might end up "retiring".  I know it might sound dramatic, but it's not worth the disappointment and stress really anymore.  I haven't had legit fun with fantasy baseball in about 2 seasons now, but again, hopefully next season is better.

If a team that will be made up of J.T. Realmuto, Jose Abreu, Jose Ramirez, Francisco Lindor, Juan Soto, Yordan Alvarez, Shane Bieber, and Justin Verlander isn't fun to manage, then it really will truly be time to quit.  We actually keep 9, but I haven't decided on that one yet.

Thanks and good luck as well.

How can you be losing with that team??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clevinger is gonna cost me a lot of money. Gonna lose out by about 0.0001 in era.  Dammit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingJoffrey said:

How can you be losing with that team??

I just recently traded for Soto and Abreu, but still, I wonder how my offense sucks everyday.  That's a major reason why I'm so glad the season is really close to being over.

I'm actually either going to finish 2nd or 3rd (2nd if Boston holds on and E-Rod gets his Win), but still, it's nuts that I'll be finishing dead last in batting average.  If I didn't trade for Verlander about a month or so ago, I wouldn't even be in this position.  I tip my cap to him at least, and Bieber of course.

36 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Clevinger is gonna cost me a lot of money. Gonna lose out by about 0.0001 in era.  Dammit.

That's just ridiculous if it ends up being that little of a thing that costs you your league.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Losing by .01 in whip for the week just need the Mets to bring in Lugo or the Rockies to bring in Diaz to try and tie up or win my championship match...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any of the following today would have let me get second. Instead ill end up tied for second in a roto and lose by toe breaker. 

1 hr from 1 team...got 0

1 less win from 1 team,or 1 more for me

A bad start by clev...a mediocre one would have been enough

One team is gonna beat another by .001 in era thats gonna cost me

 

Any ONE of those things...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Needed 1 out of about 10 things to happen.  Small tiny things.  None of them did, a perfect ending to a season where everything that could have gone wrong did.  Of course, everything that could have gone right for the other guy did.  Was a pleasure venting with you all.  Have a great new year, see you guys on this thread probably day one in 2020.  Best of luck until then.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second place for the second year in a row after being the top seed. At least this time my team fell apart late instead of early on. RIP see y’all next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely a disappointing year. A lot of it due to injuries week after week.  My lineups had to change so much.  Couldn't afford to hold onto as many players on the bench since I needed healthy starters. Bench was full of IL guys (no IL spot). Doubled my money so can't really complain but still a very disappointing outcome.  Some of my teams were by far the best.

Also I kinda hate that Fantrax does a 2-week final.  You get to the finals and then set your lineup that locks for 2 weeks.  I didn't have Giolito but I know he went from expecting to get 3 starts during that period to getting 0.  Guys getting injured in the start of finals period.  Really awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...