Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

F U Iglesias and the Reds. No seriously, Fu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

F U Iglesias and the Reds. No seriously, Fu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why wasn't Iglesias closing?  Did he come into a big spot or something?

3 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

came in up by 3 to start the 8th. yeah wtf 😠

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

And this is why not playing Holds/Saves is pretty stupid, IMO.

Just now, hangin n wangin said:

And this is why not playing Holds/Saves fantasy baseball is pretty stupid, IMO.

FTFY

• Haha 2

spent $238 on my bats - 0 hrs, 1 rbi 2 runs 1 sb

spent $22 on arms - 14 ks, 1 win, 2.19 era, 0.89 whip

makes sense

21 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

spent $238 on my bats - 0 hrs, 1 rbi 2 runs 1 sb

spent $22 on arms - 14 ks, 1 win, 2.19 era, 0.89 whip

makes sense

How is that even possible and you have guys pitching on OD?

“Sweet,dodgers scored 12 runs, let’s see how Justin Turner did.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

Gonna take a month for my team to recover from what Greinke and Sale did today 😡

Posted (edited)

Offensive explosion by the Dodgers! Damn near everyone in their lineup hits a HR! What do my two Dodgers, Turner and Pollack do?  0-8 with a walk. - _ -

Edited by DFWSooner
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dontrelle Willis said:

So I benched Berrios because he’s facing Kluber and Cleveland which he struggled last year also faces KC next start  not looking good so far  ahaha .i have a start limit so I had to make decisions.

Cleveland offense is putrid.  

• Like 1

After a rough day at work, I come home to this:  1 R, 0 RBI, 0 HR, 0 SB, .147 AVG, .256 OBP.  Sweet.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I’ve been looking forward to this day for so long. Only to get smashed on. A combined 12 hrs against in 2 leagues on day one...sigh.

First year playing fantasy baseball and my team is looking not great based on overreacting to one day of baseball haha. Now I'm second guessing my picks and wondering when is it too early to drop my late round picks that I'm unsure about for waiver adds. Eventually I'll get Lindor back at least

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TomSmithFantasy said:

First year playing fantasy baseball and my team is looking not great based on overreacting to one day of baseball haha. Now I'm second guessing my picks and wondering when is it too early to drop my late round picks that I'm unsure about for waiver adds. Eventually I'll get Lindor back at least

Have you used the Bench Coach help forum?  People will help you out there.  I'll cut ties with a player before most would, but 1-day is way too soon.  Would be interested to know who you're considering to cut loose.

6 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Have you used the Bench Coach help forum?  People will help you out there.  I'll cut ties with a player before most would, but 1-day is way too soon.  Would be interested to know who you're considering to cut loose.

I guess it was a little bit of exaggeration. I have Trevor May, who I'm not going to drop yet but I know the Closer thread here is freaking out about him. Miami SP Caleb Smith who obviously didn't start today so no judgment there, though he was my final pick. Then I drafted 3 Blue Jays position players and that team looked bad today (Smoak, Gurriel, Grichuk). Realistically I'm sure I'll hang on to all of them for a while unless someone is a must add. Just a little spooky seeing a team batting average of .103 haha, but really I'm sure I just need to relax and let things balance out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomSmithFantasy said:

I guess it was a little bit of exaggeration. I have Trevor May, who I'm not going to drop yet but I know the Closer thread here is freaking out about him. Miami SP Caleb Smith who obviously didn't start today so no judgment there, though he was my final pick. Then I drafted 3 Blue Jays position players and that team looked bad today (Smoak, Gurriel, Grichuk). Realistically I'm sure I'll hang on to all of them for a while unless someone is a must add. Just a little spooky seeing a team batting average of .103 haha, but really I'm sure I just need to relax and let things balance out

That's too many Jays on one team haha. Could be alright though.  Depending on your league scoring, it would be fine to drop May if you can find someone valuable right now.  Don't want to miss out on the wave of guys who went overlooked in the draft but will be very valuable this year.  Kike Hernandez, for instance, went undrafted in a lot of leagues but then people all started picking him up prior to Opening Day when he was announced as the starting 2B.

2 hours ago, TomSmithFantasy said:

Never overreact. Give it a little time. No idea what your team is, but trust me, one day does not make a season. Breathe ;) get some good sleep and let your team come together :)

• Like 1

I'm gonna double down on this.  Why am I not able to watch games on my laptop from a location other than my home?  I pay an S ton for my cable and every game was available, were I at home.  But, since I'm at work, I'm limited to just the ESPN games.

Is this an Xfinity issue?  An MLB issue?

If it's an MLB thing, then that's ridiculous.  They have 2 CY Young candidates pitching absolute gems, and no one outside of their own home, or at a sports bar can watch.

I'm just not understanding what they (MLB or Xfinity) is trying to prevent me from doing here.

1 hour ago, 89Topps said:

I'm gonna double down on this.  Why am I not able to watch games on my laptop from a location other than my home?  I pay an S ton for my cable and every game was available, were I at home.  But, since I'm at work, I'm limited to just the ESPN games.

Is this an Xfinity issue?  An MLB issue?

If it's an MLB thing, then that's ridiculous.  They have 2 CY Young candidates pitching absolute gems, and no one outside of their own home, or at a sports bar can watch.

I'm just not understanding what they (MLB or Xfinity) is trying to prevent me from doing here.

I have Xfinity as well, it is their rule. You cannot stream most live channels unless you are connected to your WiFi. 

18 hours ago, TomSmithFantasy said:

Overreact all you want, it's just fantasy baseball.  If you have any real responsibility (kids, business, marriage) then act like a madman if you want.  Just remember, this isn't important, it's mostly luck and it says nothing about you as a person. Play how you want. Just make it fun. 

• Confused 3

11 minutes ago, ComeSaleAway said:

Overreact all you want, it's just fantasy baseball.  Just remember, this isn't important

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kelle1sa said:

I have Xfinity as well, it is their rule. You cannot stream most live channels unless you are connected to your WiFi. 

Makes you wonder what the point is.  I mean, if I were at home, I'd just watch on my damn TV.