Members_Only_76

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

Wish this Hampson thing would start already.  Dude's 1/17, no HR and no SB.  He's played in every game since Mar 29th and started the last three, so saying he's getting no regular PT is wearing a little thin. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, boomzdaddy said:

Fell asleep last night picking up Swarzak with phone in hand...promptly gets a save and is picked up by somebody else.  Damnit.

2015-07-14-1436889262-7531801-alarm_cloc

• Haha 1

I remember anger last year..same guy. I have this crazy ability to turn mike minor into Cy young when he pitches against my aces.

These long weeks blow, I get to face Scherzer and deGrom 5 times. I have no chance with the way pitching is going. 

Got Murphy and Trea in my big money league. 

But reading some of these on here makes me laugh and feel a lot better. Least ya know others are going through the same pain.

Drafted every bust in every round..not one of my players has realized the season has started and all of them belong in AAA

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So I have a team in a 14-team league that I'm honestly just hoping can finish in the middle of the pack this year. It's a 5yr keeper league, and it's my second year in it...so I'm just trying to make progress and rebuild. 

Stanton is already on the DL. I know full-well that it's way to early to panic, so I'm not...but I look at the season totals of some of my players, and I just can't help but chuckle. Grandal, JoRam, Hampson, Harrison, and McMahon have combined for a .158-9-0-2-1 in 101 ABs. Dear heavens, LOL. And yes, I know Harrison sucks...but he's just holding a place until McMahon and/or Hampson earn 2B eligibility, needing 7 and 5 games, respectively, to get there. 

And of course I have Darvish, EdRod, Happ, Wheeler, and DRob all with ERAs over 7.20. Lol. Pretty much the worst start I could have imagined having. 

9 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

So I have a team in a 14-team league that I'm honestly just hoping can finish in the middle of the pack this year. It's a 5yr keeper league, and it's my second year in it...so I'm just trying to make progress and rebuild. 

Stanton is already on the DL. I know full-well that it's way to early to panic, so I'm not...but I look at the season totals of some of my players, and I just can't help but chuckle. Grandal, JoRam, Hampson, Harrison, and McMahon have combined for a .158-9-0-2-1 in 101 ABs. Dear heavens, LOL. And yes, I know Harrison sucks...but he's just holding a place until McMahon and/or Hampson earn 2B eligibility, needing 7 and 5 games, respectively, to get there. 

And of course I have Darvish, EdRod, Happ, Wheeler, and DRob all with ERAs over 7.20. Lol. Pretty much the worst start I could have imagined having. 

It’s early. Stay frosty. 

Just now, Stickfig13 said:

It’s early. Stay frosty. 

Oh absolutely. I'm not stressing or anything. That's why I said I chuckled and LOL'd. 

Just now, Flyman75 said:

Oh absolutely. I'm not stressing or anything. That's why I said I chuckled and LOL'd. 

That’s why I love fantasy baseball. In football you would be done. Baseball is such a marathon. 

1 minute ago, Stickfig13 said:

That’s why I love fantasy baseball. In football you would be done. Baseball is such a marathon. 

Yep. I love the grind of the season-long roto season. I know DFS is getting more popular and some prefer the H2H format...but I enjoy the long six months of working a team and shaping it. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Yep. I love the grind of the season-long roto season. I know DFS is getting more popular and some prefer the H2H format...but I enjoy the long six months of working a team and shaping it. 

I've never been able to stay motivated/focused in those formats.

12 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Hell yeah, every year in leagues where one of my teams starts off really bad, like bottom 3rd of the league, I always look forward to the final 2-month push where I see how far I can go up the standings as I game every free agent stream lol

Definitely feels like a fair amount of offenses are starting slow out the gate (looking at you COL, NYY, PIT, LAA, HOU)

1 hour ago, Stickfig13 said:

Last year 9 of my 11 starting batters were significantly injured. The 2 taht werenr were Domingo santana and goldy who had bad years. My ace also missed 3 weeks. Grinded my way to being in first in september but fonished 4th. Love baseball season long for the reason that thats possible.

Yankees are just plain brutal ---- seems like they switched uniforms with the O's and Tigers -----

Fantasy Baseball ..... gotta love it ......

I have a team era of 2.99 and WHIP of 1.13 and I'm losing those categories.  Sometimes I really hate H2H format.  I'd be beating just about the rest of the league in most categories if I was playing anyone else's team.

When u see on the ticker that Ramirez HR(2) and then come to find out it was Hanley, not Jose

• Haha 1

9 runs for ATL tonight and of course my boys Acuna and Donaldson are a combined 0-7 at the dish

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dumherb1 said:

Yankees are just plain brutal ---- seems like they switched uniforms with the O's and Tigers -----

Fantasy Baseball ..... gotta love it ......

They have lost 4 players from their starting lineup (5 if you want to include Gregorious), so not surprising they are having issues scoring runs (today not withstanding).  Gardner, Bird, Frazier, Wade...not much production there.  The need Hicks and Stanton back badly imo. 

Have Trea Turner and would’ve picked up Ketel Marte to fill his spot but already used my 3 allowed moves for the week. Marte has subsequently gone off and I’m now praying he’s still available at 3:00am eastern standard on Monday morning😬

10 minutes ago, Cheppy said:

Have Trea Turner and would’ve picked up Ketel Marte to fill his spot but already used my 3 allowed moves for the week. Marte has subsequently gone off and I’m now praying he’s still available at 3:00am eastern standard on Monday morning😬

Dang, my league allows 6 adds per week and I thought that was strict, can't imagine only getting 3