Sign in to follow this  
CrypTviLL

Alex Verdugo 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

I don’t see any path to 550 at bats barring massive injuries.  I’d probably cap him at 450 and say he should hit 17-20 in that many at bats.

So you're saying there's a crystal clear path to 550 at bats?

P.S. Verdugo would prolly get hurt if he were a full-timer.

How long is Pollock down for?  It could only be a temporary jump in PT for Verdugo so keep that in mind if you're dropping someone to pick him up.  If you have the spot tho, the talent is worth using while AJP is down.

It's noteworthy that he draws lefties in LA's next 3 games (Pomeranz/MadBum/Lucchesi). Small sample, but it's also noteworthy that he is OPS'ing 1.455 against lefties so far this season (11 AB). 

Still no Verdugo with Pollack out of the line up.

3 minutes ago, kwelch said:

What the hell? Just burned a pickup on him and they're still going to use him as a part time player??? 😡

4 minutes ago, kwelch said:

will he still be platooned against lefties?
and if he isn't will he be able to hit them?  i know he's done fine this year in very limited at bats.

i dropped somebody pretty good to grab him this morning

They face 6 lefties in a row (lol) so I would venture to guess he plays in half of those.  I doubt they’ll make him a full platoon at this point in his career, but won’t yet expose him to 100% of them.

1 minute ago, Cmilne23 said:

They face 6 lefties in a row (lol) so I would venture to guess he plays in half of those.  I doubt they’ll make him a full platoon at this point in his career, but won’t yet expose him to 100% of them.

Seems like an excellent opportunity to let Verdugo learn on the fly.

Screw you, Dave Roberts.

Needs to start EVERY game. I just don't get it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Homerj24 said:

They also need to give taylor a chance to break out of his slump

well that's not going to happen.  I mean the chance will but the breaking out part won't...

With Pollock getting further testing it sounds kind of ominous as to when he'll be back. Verdugo may not play every day but he'll certainly be playing more. 

2 hours ago, lavaman said:

Needs to start EVERY game. I just don't get it.

What's not to get?

He's a lefty. The Dodgers love to platoon. And the Dodgers like to give their guys regular days off anyway.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, knuckleheads said:

well that's not going to happen.  I mean the chance will but the breaking out part won't...

Taylor looked good last night in Verdugo's absence. I expect Verdugo to get the most of that situation, but it looks like he's going to sit against some lefties with AJP out. 

playing tonight but I think I'll sit him. (i have some other options)

Bumgarner hasn't been his old self but I remember him really making some lefties look silly in the past.

Pollock needs surgery word is "He is expected back at some point this year"  so should be a long term thing.. think I might give Verdugo a ride and see what he's got....

Dave Roberts gives me Verdugo with his lineup changes. Let the kid eat

We have a rookie batting .340 and we're asking if people are still on board?!?!?  Pass whatever you're smoking please.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cizastro said:

We have a rookie batting .340 and we're asking if people are still on board?!?!?  Pass whatever you're smoking please.

Oh I’m impressed but this thread has been quiet lol

Seems the type whose thread will always be quiet since he is not going to go bananas in any category.  But could easily go 20/10 with a strong AVG/OBP and solid counting stats in the LAD offense.  I am always intrigued by prospects with a plus hit tool given how power gains are often achieved at the MLB level.

One of the best decisions I've made early on this season was picking this guy up and dumping slumpers like piscotty and putting mazara on the bench