qdaddyo

First Pick in Draft in Unique League

So I’ve been in this very non-standard league since the mid-80’s and the rules have not changed aside from adding QS a few years back. It’s a redraft and I have the first pick.

One unique rule in the league is that a player qualifies at a position if he plays that position for at least one defensive out the prior season.

Another fun rule which makes the draft unique is that you can only draft one player per team.  There are no double ups during the draft.  Starting in round 3, you’ll see owners skipping over tier 2 players on loaded teams to take a tier 3 player from a team that has only a few fantasy worthy players.

i have the first pick in the draft and I’m vacillating between Mookie Betts and Mike Trout.

Betts qualifies at CF and 2B, but is on a team with a loaded roster.  If drafted first, I’d be locked out of BOS for the remainder of the draft, but I would have a top player who can play multiple positions.

Trout only qualifies at CF, but is on a team with very few fantasy worthy players.  If drafted first, I’ll still have BOS players available and be locked on LAA (no big loss), but without the position flexibility.

With these variables in mind, who would you draft first?  Position flexibility or draft flexibility?

Starting Lineup

C, 2xCI, 2xMI, CF, 2xOF, DH, 4xSP, 2xRP

Scoring system

Accumulated Points

1pt./1B

2pts./2B

3pts./3B

4pts./HR

1pt./R

1pt./RBI

1pt./Steal

10pts./W

5pts./QS

1pt./K

Take Trout no doubt about it.

This is the wonkyest league I've read, lmao. 

• Like 2

West coast for you're #1 overall pick. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CrypTviLL said:

Take Trout no doubt about it.

This is the wonkyest league I've read, lmao. 

Yeah, we've been doing this since the mid-80's and had to record the scores from the newspaper box scores.  

The one player per team in the draft makes it so much more difficult and you have to strategize more than conventional drafts.

one player per team is definitely the key here....there are many quality 2B out there but there aren't many quality Angels out there...go with Trout my man.

• Like 1