Sign in to follow this  
The Big Bat Theory

Joc Pederson 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

his HR rate is insane they should just let him play everyday and try to improve versus lefties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

his HR rate is insane they should just let him play everyday and try to improve versus lefties.

 

That ship has sailed. It should have been done years ago, but since Dave Roberts over-manages everything and decides to pinch hit for him against LHP, regardless of the situation, Joc has lost plenty of opportunities in ideal situations (i.e late in blowout games) to develop . Those decisions stunted his growth, but the Dodgers continued to succeed so why would Dave think he's doing anything wrong? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

his HR rate is insane they should just let him play everyday and try to improve versus lefties.

 

He's had 333 PA against lefties and has hit .176 with a .568 OPS and a 29.1% K rate. Plus they have plenty of bench bats to work in against lefties. 

 

He's an ideal platoon bat with his splits.  

Edited by bluefrogguy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, bluefrogguy said:

 

He's had 333 PA against lefties and has hit .176 with a .568 OPS and a 29.1% K rate. Plus they have plenty of bench bats to work in against lefties. 

 

He's an ideal platoon bat with his splits.  

This.  Why bother at this point if you're the Dodgers.  He's being used where he excels and the team is better for it.  It stinks for fantasy purposes, and for Joc's overall value as a player, but the Dodgers only concern is winning games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a day for him on his birthday. #enfuego

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those in weeklies, facing 4 lefties scheduled next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gryfter said:

For those in weeklies, facing 4 lefties scheduled next week.

Hasn’t started this week yet either, frustrating. Hopefully he can stay hot when he does return to the lineup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Hasn’t started this week yet either, frustrating. Hopefully he can stay hot when he does return to the lineup. 

 

It is annoying, as he gets into a groove, he gets sat several days in a row.

Definitely more valuable in dailies leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gryfter said:

 

It is annoying, as he gets into a groove, he gets sat several days in a row.

Definitely more valuable in dailies leagues.

 

I get it, he's not great against lefties. But it's still frustrating. You would think at some point they would give him a shot at a lefty given how hot he's been. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

Out again 3rd straight game. Frustrating as hell

I think they have four straight vs righties though - Fri - Monday so he has a nice weekend stretch.  Nice time to get in a weekend groove. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, phillyphan21 said:

 

I get it, he's not great against lefties. But it's still frustrating. You would think at some point they would give him a shot at a lefty given how hot he's been. 

Yeah, frustrating because he has been murdering RHP, but he is what he is, a strong side platoon. Just always have a good backup option available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why everyone is upset that he sits vs. lefties.  Wouldn't you rather his .550 OPS vs. lefties be on the bench, so you can put literally anyone else in his spot and get actual production?

 

You get his 1.000 OPS vs. righties and someone else's .800 OPS when he's on the bench and you get a superstar instead of his 1.000 OPS vs. righties and .550 OPS vs lefties.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, phillyphan21 said:

 

I get it, he's not great against lefties. But it's still frustrating. You would think at some point they would give him a shot at a lefty given how hot he's been. 

 

The issue is they have multiple right handed options and Dave Roberts will use them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at next week.. and it seems Dodgers face 4 lefties.. and 2 righties.. one of them is Paddack.. the other is Jeff Smardjia.its a waste to start him.. without question

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ghostdragon said:

Looking at next week.. and it seems Dodgers face 4 lefties.. and 2 righties.. one of them is Paddack.. the other is Jeff Smardjia.its a waste to start him.. without question

yea looks like he'll be riding the pine a lot this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy is going to sit 5 games in a row with the next 3 being against lefties and already sitting 2. That’s annoying  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, BustHerPosey said:

This guy is going to sit 5 games in a row with the next 3 being against lefties and already sitting 2. That’s annoying  

Shouldn't be annoying.  Everyone should have already known he is a platoon bat 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, BustHerPosey said:

This guy is going to sit 5 games in a row with the next 3 being against lefties and already sitting 2. That’s annoying  

 

GOTTA get Chris Taylor ABs!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Shouldn't be annoying.  Everyone should have already known he is a platoon bat 

 

It can still be annoying even if you know it's coming. That said I got him pretty much for free, I'll take what I can get. I do wish they'd give him a shot against some of the weaker lefties though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Shouldn't be annoying.  Everyone should have already known he is a platoon bat 

 

It it still annoying. It’s  probably annoying for Joc as well.  That is essentially a week of not playing with an off day. More than enough time to get your timing off. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this