larfboy

2019 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

Needed a place to brag about my dynasty team and this off season's amazing draft...20 team league condensed down to 16 and their players wound up on this season's draft. Last season finished last so i had the first pick..had my mind dead set on taking Wander Franco with the 1.01 prior to the knowledge of the league downsizing. Once the downsize happened, players like Betts, Harper, Realmuto, Sanchez etc. all became available in the draft...Long story short....i ended up with Betts at the 1.01 and Franco at the 2.01...Cool Story Bro.

Picked up domingo santana this week to stream, and dude gets me a grand slam 😎

4th year playing FBB.  First time getting the #1 pick and owning Trout!

Posted (edited)

Just flipped Matt Olson for Eloy in a points league 20 mins before Rosenthal confirmed the possible deal expectations for Eloy. 

Edited by High&Inside

4 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

Just flipped Matt Olson for Eloy in a points league 20 mins before Rosenthal confirmed the possible deal expectations for Eloy. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

don't see a "cool story bro" thread anymore in the off topic forum, so does your "cool story" need to be baseball related to be posted in this topic?

CSB: I was bothered by the fact this thread was initially titled 2018-2019 because baseball season doesn’t overlap years, and was really glad to see someone fixed it. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

don't see a "cool story bro" thread anymore in the off topic forum, so does your "cool story" need to be baseball related to be posted in this topic?

Yes.  If you want to discuss other stuff in off topic, go ahead and create a thread there.

I should've been here doing my homework for weeks at least!  First fantasy draft tonight.  Procrastinated a lot, usually start doing them sooner.  I'm pick #10 of 12 in the draft

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Hockey_Baseball said:

Took Voit & Alonso back-to-back as my starting first basemen. Let's do it boys!

with what overall picks?  I'm curious.  Oh, sorry.......

CSB.

Edited by Buddha
csb

3 hours ago, Hockey_Baseball said:

156 & 157 in a 12 team 5x5

Grabbed them with 162/182.  Let the rakage begin....

• Like 1

Who was the last player picked in your draft excluding keepers? (People/rounds/rough date).  Just curious.

strahm.  12 man/24 rounds/ mid march

3 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

Who was the last player picked in your draft excluding keepers? (People/rounds/rough date).  Just curious.

strahm.  12 man/24 rounds/ mid march

Trevor Cahill....12 team..25 rounds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

I scored 3 goals in soccer tonight

You should give sports a shot if soccer doesn’t work out. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

12 teamer, 30 rounds - my last pick: Teo Hernandez, very last pick: Avi Garcia

12 teamer, 40 rounds (too many!) - my last (auto)pick: Turnbull, very last pick: Choi

Reverse Cool Story Bro...

In my main league - with all my buddies from high school - 26 years and still going strong. Its a live auction and I've somehow saved $6 for my last roster spot (before the reserve snake draft). I've been waiting on this moment for 5 hours at this point, and most of the teams are done. My target was Chris Paddack. Had him penciled in all night. It was just a matter of leaving myself enough $ to get him. Thought I was sitting pretty with $6. So, I throw him out for $1. This guy in my league starts bidding me up! He goes to $6. I'm busted. Can't bid anymore and I lose him. 

After the draft the owner comes up to me, laughs and says, "I thought we were bidding on Brad Peacock. Never heard of Paddack." You have got to be kidding me! I'm still burning about it a week later. Especially since Peacock had already been drafted earlier that night. 

Hopefully Kikuchi is something this year as I had to settle on him for $1.

• Haha 2

I just got Luis Severino in Round 10. Pick 114 overall!!!  I drafted yesterday and he was top ranked on the list in like the 5th roun if not sooner.  All of a udden today he was down the list even in the 10th round.  I had to go down the list and get him

Got the Yankees cleanup hitter 138th, 150th, and 159th overall in my big money leagues 🤑🤑🤑

Everyone in your league has a tendency to show some favoritism to a certain type of player when filling out the fringes of their roster. High strikeout guys at the risk of damaging ratios, guys who sell out for power, pitchers who protect ratios without high k's, etc.

My fascination is upside outfielders - who won't necessarily dominate one or two categories, but will help a bit in all of them and get 15+ SB. Even in a 5 OF league, I have to resist the temptation fill my bench with them since there seems to be a decent number of them.

But this year I was able to draft an outfield like I've always wanted in roto. Was targeting all these guys and didn't get sniped and I'm so happy 😭🤩

JD (keeper)

Pham (5th round)

Puig (7th round)

Robles (9th round)

Dahl (10th round)

If I missed one or more of those guys my fallback targets were Pollock, Brantley, Meadows, JBJ, Winker

• Like 1

No homers since last THR.

got first steal of the year... from Grandalf.

streamed freddy peralta today.

/csb

Saw the DTD next to Voit's name.  Read that he would be fine and play, but decided to bench him all the same.  At least saving my OBP a little today.  I will inevitably be in the Vent and Rant thread when he hits a 3-run jack later.

Homerun drought ended for the smurfs at the one week mark thanks to ww pickup Gordon. Now a whopping total of 4.

Playing for last.