larfboy

2019 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

On 8/16/2019 at 2:23 PM, cs3 said:

Lol

You know an 8 team league can be deeper than a 12 team league...right? Like, if you play in a 12 team, 3 OF league there are 36 starting OF, while an 8 team, 5 OF league would have 40 starting OF. 

If they’re rostering ~80 SP, I’d say that’s pretty deep. Same as a 12 team league where most teams have 6-7 SP. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

You know an 8 team league can be deeper than a 12 team league...right? Like, if you play in a 12 team, 3 OF league there are 36 starting OF, while an 8 team, 5 OF league would have 40 starting OF. 

If they’re rostering ~80 SP, I’d say that’s pretty deep. Same as a 12 team league where most teams have 6-7 SP. 

One year we could only get 8 guys.  Made it 2 c, with corner infielders and middle infielders. 5 of, and increase the inning limit.  Works just as well.

• Like 1

Drafted Ketel Marte, Jorge Soler, Austin Meadows, and Willie Calhoun while completely whiffing on Wheeler, Lucchesi, Musgrove, and Lopez. Guess which bats are carrying me to a first round bye. Guess how many SP I will roster come playoff time. Answer: Not the 9 SP plus spot starters I'll employ to take wins and k's

Keeping Marte, Moncada, Renfroe and Eduardo Escobar on the cheap, picking up Hunter Dozier and catchers Will Smith and Carson Kelly, and believing in Devers paid off for my offense in my forever keeper. Also traded Myers and Segura for Ahmed Rosario.

My pitching staff of Kubler, Nola, Wheeler, Caleb Smith and Corbin sunk my pitching into a while that was hard to get out of much of the season. Can’t win the league, but I have an outside shot to get fourth and win $$$.

Traded Nola for Robles right before Nola started to get his poop in a group. Jury still out on that trade.

in a 2 catcher 10 team NL only dynasty. I had all my minor league spots filled up so I told my buddy to draft Will Smith...I should've let him go undrafted so I could have snagged him on FAAB because now he is untouchable.

so in our dynasty league, you get a minor leaguer for 2 years at $5 then have to extend them at $5 per year, before the 3rd season. Our league has some iffy guys as far as how long the league will last, but i'm risking it and extending him for 6. not going to count on people leaving and 3 years in I lose Soto because I only wanted to pay him $20. he is ridiculous. obviously won't get the steals to bring him to Trout/Acuna/Yelich level but man, he is special.

Cut [Bauer] to send a message to the rest of my team that performances like this are not tolerated. I don't want him rubbing off on my young guys.

Edited by tonycpsu
CSB moved from player thread.
  • Like 1

My deep league (24 teams, 23-man rosters, 60-man minors) dynasty offense completely disintegrated by the time the playoffs started and I'm going to lose to a team I finished thirty games ahead of during the regular season (6x6 weekly lineup scoring).

Javy Baez - hasn't played either game this week yet so I'll only have him for a partial week if at all

Marwin Gonzalez - was a tough pre-week injury call as to whether I would lock him in but my best alternative was Mauricio Dubon, I wasn't sure how productive Dubon's AB's would be this week so I ran with Gonzalez but he'll probably be out this week too

Lorenzo Cain - also in my lineup, had no real alternative other than to put Gonzalez in the OF and Dubon at UTIL, hasn't played yet this week either

And those are just the guys who went AWOL in the last week or so.  Before that I had Brandon Lowe go on IL, Derek Dietrich completely melt down after I traded for him and Tim Beckham get popped for PED's.  Really my lineup when healthy hasn't been that bad but I'm gonna get destroyed this week, especially since my opponent's three top pitchers all have two-start weeks with mostly good matchups.  

Edited by AllWrightNow

With 11 baseball teams and now 6 football teams I’m having trouble keeping track of all my players. I knew I’ve added and dropped Reynaldo Lopez on several teams throughout the year but didn’t think I had any shares left. I just looked and found him still in the starting lineup of 3 of my teams!

giphy.gif

Some guy said my team was trash after he lost 6-5-1. He claimed I wasn't going to get a bye week because he was going to get it, and that he had the better team built through draft(I think he meant inaugural draft of this keeper league). He still has Arenado and Freeman. My first 4 draft selections 3 or 4 years ago was Miggy, Jose Fernandez, Charlie Blackmon, and Jason Heyward. I replied:

Over the past 3 or 4 years these were my non keeper draft selections starting with most recent:

Contreras #130ish

Meadows #160

Ketel Marte 250

Jorge Soler 300

Willie Calhoun 300+

Previous years:

JoRam 140

Eugenio Suarez 200

Mike Clevinger 200

Which one of us drafts guys worth a damn past top 100?

Somehow we became rivals.

Oh, and I got the bye week, and he dropped to 4th.

#longliveposthype

16 team league. Drafted well in some spots and bad in some spots.

Late breakout picks include Kepler and Escobar. Picked up Dozier Laureano Garver, etc. Actually my best offensive lineup ever.

The bad is didn't get steals. Altuve's become a power hitter. STanton, Olson went down early. Didn't cause me power though. But the lack of steals hurt and BA was pretty bad.

Pitching is where I screwed up. Picked Wheeler at pick 130 something which I thought was not bad... but I really should have paid attn to him instead of just looking at 'perts' rankings. The dude's not a pitcher. Also a fateful decision was picking Lucchessi instead of Biebs. Go with the NL guy in a pitcher's park I thought. Yep that worked out.

Carrasco got cancer. Montas (another good early pickup) went down, and that marked the end of my season. Piscotty got cancer too, but that was a bad pick even before. Again, another one where I listened to perts instead of doing my own HW. Laziness did me in.

Without the injuries I might have had a shot. A big maybe cuz the number 1 team will cruise to the title. It's already over.

Edited by papasmurf