Sign in to follow this  
WTP333

Pablo Lopez 2019 Outlook

I am going off memory here, but I believe he also had shoulder issues last year...

Just now, NoHablaIngles said:

Yes, he was shutdown last year with shoulder problems.

Hopefully just a Ghost IL trip and being cautious since they suck anyway, maybe run tests to just make sure everything looks good

positive thinking!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Macgregor said:

The article he eventually posted on today was pretty informative to me, and sorta makes me worried about Lopez even if the recent updates regarding his shoulder have seemed positive. 

That guy has predicted 462 of the last 12 pitcher injuries, which is a phenomenal rate...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

That guy has predicted 462 of the last 12 pitcher injuries, which is a phenomenal rate...

After snooping around his stuff for a little while upon finding that tweet... yeah. Still thought it was a little relevant as we all sat around waiting for injury updates. Apparently they are saying his shoulder strain is minor now, so at least there's that. I was unfamiliar with most of the physics discussed in the article, and wondered if it might be something to consider beyond his current injury. 

I'm looking for anything to help justify cutting him loose while also wanting to hold onto him until I have a DL spot available next week. 

5 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

He’s earned some really high praise from himself for predicting that someone who throws a baseball for a living, who does it repeatedly, and does so with a lot of force is at risk for hurting himself. If you don’t believe it, just check out his unbiased website.

• Like 2

Gents: even though he has self-promoted here in violation of the CoC, he still contributes on these forums - it seems unfair to pile on him.  He presents his own insights and opinions, which, ultimately, is all you can do!

• Thanks 1

Any new information on Pablo's shoulder issue & a time frame of how long he will be out? 

in 2 starts after returning from the IL Lopez has had 2 starts.

5 IP, 4 ER at home to Cincinnati.

3 IP, 6 ER at Washington.

this is pitcherlist after his last start.

Pablo Lopez3.0 IP, 6 ER, 6 Hits, 0 BBs, 1 Ks. Blegh. We haven’t seen PabLo’s changeup or curveball look great since his return from the IL and while we weren’t risking this one against the Nats, I still wanted better. I’d be cautious and wait for his stuff to return first before taking the plunge.

Lopez next start is Friday at home to Kansas City.

On 9/3/2019 at 4:24 PM, MichiganxTrumbull said:

He's doing everything right to be great value for next year. big sleeper appeal

Yep everything right...

On 9/14/2019 at 4:38 PM, swfcdan said:

Yep everything right...

Yeah, he was cruising pre-injury and was definitely going to be "the sleeper" pitcher all off-season. but since he got roughed up when he came back, that will keep a lot of people off of his scent. I'm owning shares of Pablo everywhere next year

• Like 1