Backdoor Slider

2019 March/April Closer Thread

So anyone figure out the IanPeraltaZimmer situation?

So Swarzak head and shoulders above everyone else or did I miss something?

30 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

So Swarzak head and shoulders above everyone else or did I miss something?

As a mariners fan, I would think so. He was put into the 9th straight off the DL rather than eased in in low leverage. That said, it was only one game. Hopefully they get into a save situation tonight to give us some clarity goms

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, street sharks said:

As a mariners fan, I would think so. He was put into the 9th straight off the DL rather than eased in in low leverage. That said, it was only one game. Hopefully they get into a save situation tonight to give us some clarity goms

Ty

Man if he gets an op tonight could be bad for my FAAB tomorrow.......

Not sure where exactly Minter sat last year with FB, but was 93-95 yesterday...SL at 89

I am seeing that Viz won't be able to go consecutive nights, or twice within 3 days (CBS)...

IF Minter is feeling good, it seems to be within higher-probable outcomes that he takes over as closer, imo

• Like 3

Minter and Vizcaino going to be close to an even split on saves like last year? I honestly didn’t really follow the Braves much at all last year so I only really have the stats to go on. Does Minter have a legitimate chance to be “the guy” for ATL?

16 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Not sure where exactly Minter sat last year with FB, but was 93-95 yesterday...SL at 89

I am seeing that Viz won't be able to go consecutive nights, or twice within 3 days (CBS)...

IF Minter is feeling good, it seems to be within higher-probable outcomes that he takes over as closer, imo

FWIW Fangraphs has his avg FBv at 96.9 in '18, 96.5 in '17, 94 yesterday.

• Thanks 2

Something tells me Viz gets traded before the deadline and operates as a 7th/8th inning guy for another team.

Anyone have an update on Cubs hierarchy? If Strop can get going good by time Morrow is back can he keep the job?

6 minutes ago, Phreedom32 said:

Anyone have an update on Cubs hierarchy? If Strop can get going good by time Morrow is back can he keep the job?

Yes. And also no.

7 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Yes. And also no.

Lol. At this point Cishek is a decent flyer as well.

57 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Lol. At this point Cishek is a decent flyer as well.

Cishek looked awful two nights ago.  Walked the bases loaded and didn't get anyone out before he was pulled, which immediately led to Cubs losing the game.  I doubt Maddon goes to him in a save situation any time soon.

As far as the Cubs go, I’m very confident that it’s going to be Morrow the minute he’s activated as Maddon has even said so much. Not really speculating on the other guys in the meantime.

• Like 1

What do people think of Robertson being in high leverage roles? He was just dropped in my league and my first thought is that I am not going to let three games determine his fate when he has been so good for so long. I’m still thinking he is the set up guy/closer depending on situations.... am I wrong here? 

6 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

What do people think of Robertson being in high leverage roles? He was just dropped in my league and my first thought is that I am not going to let three games determine his fate when he has been so good for so long. I’m still thinking he is the set up guy/closer depending on situations.... am I wrong here? 

Agreed

31 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Are you in my league on Fantrax?  I just dropped him.  Without saves he has no value on there in H2H points league.  Thought he'd be the closer but that was clearly never the case.  Not going to waste a roster spot. Not like people are stashing Britton or Ottavino in these leagues. Better RP who aren't closers.  But I guess it depends on your leagues if holds count for something, etc.

35 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

He should be owned. Possibly benched until he figures it out. Although it would be hard me to to bench him if I owned him.

I do think that Philli will be annoying to chase for saves. So he's not a necessary hold in shallow leagues/10 teamers.

9 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Are you in my league on Fantrax?  I just dropped him.  Without saves he has no value on there in H2H points league.  Thought he'd be the closer but that was clearly never the case.  Not going to waste a roster spot. Not like people are stashing Britton or Ottavino in these leagues. Better RP who aren't closers.  But I guess it depends on your leagues if holds count for something, etc.

I am not lol I’m in league with good friends and it’s saves/holds... so I see value in picking him up.

Nice to see Alvarado used in the 9th while Castillo was used against the “best hitters” in the 8th.  Although to be fair, it’s hard to tell where exactly the good hitters are in the giants lineup.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Nice to see Alvarado used in the 9th while Castillo was used against the “best hitters” in the 8th.  Although to be fair, it’s hard to tell where exactly the good hitters are in the giants lineup.

Alvarado and Castillo are both so filthy that they both need to be owned IMO. At least in roto.

• Like 1

Colome looking great early on

Vizcaino struggling 

• Like 1

Vizcaino damn near blew that 4-0 lead.

Walk

Double

Strikeout

Strikeout

Walk

Fly out to the warning track

Non-save situation, but still...

Cody Allen clean save although one ball to the track.