None.  Destroyed my league all year and for the 2nd straight year I’m going to get bounced after my bye week because of injuries. During the bye week I had zero injuries. If there wasn’t a pay out for first place at end of reg. Season I’d be so much more disgusted. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

You win some ... you lose some. As long as the outcome , is income 😬

• Like 2

everyday im getting a new injury. First westbrook gets suspended, cousins injured, then love, then smart gets injected, then ariza pulls a grion. This is all within the same league. Down 2-5 in 9 cat league head to head. Going need a miracle. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Russianog said:

The key to winning the post season is effective streaming

Having a pickup and starts limit stops that. Kind of trash way to win steaming everyday honestly. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Having a pickup and starts limit stops that. Kind of trash way to win steaming everyday honestly. 

True depending on which league you play in. If you don’t stream in mine, you lose but you only have a couple adds a week you can make. It gets fun because it adds a layer of complexity, prediction, you actually have to watch players, etc, it’s more engaging in my eyes. 

Draft will always create imbalances for people. Fantasy is won on the wire. So another lesson is being smart about pickups

Edited by Russianog
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Someone like Paul George can lead you to being the #1 seed, then after missing a few games, and returning to play, he forgets how to play basketball and is the reason you lose the semi's. 

• Haha 1

will probably do some auction teams where I just draft all mid level solid players so inj aren't as deadly. might miss on some decent f/a early in the year

Assuming you're fine within add limits and all, DON'T FREAK OUT if early birds poach all the hot FA names earlier than you do. My league switched to same-day pickups from next-day pickups in the middle of the season and I hate it because the same two people scoop up the top adds early in the morning within a couple hours after waivers get processed. I realized that the top adds aren't always the best adds, though. I got beaten to Pat Connaughton and ended up streaming Ilyasova today which worked out well for rebounds and blocks. Not a blockbuster by any means, but streaming is just parlaying on opportunity. Also a couple days ago when Collison got announced out a few hours before tip-off. Picked up Cory Joseph and got a sweet four steals out of it. And a possibility of another start if Collison's out again tomorrow night. Small examples but I'm convinced that opportunity is always there. Pounce on it when you can, but don't beat yourself up about missing out on a couple guys. There's a lot of players in the NBA who can help a fantasy team this time of year

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, squid-jesus said:

Assuming you're fine within add limits and all, DON'T FREAK OUT if early birds poach all the hot FA names earlier than you do. My league switched to same-day pickups from next-day pickups in the middle of the season and I hate it because the same two people scoop up the top adds early in the morning within a couple hours after waivers get processed. I realized that the top adds aren't always the best adds, though. I got beaten to Pat Connaughton and ended up streaming Ilyasova today which worked out well for rebounds and blocks. Not a blockbuster by any means, but streaming is just parlaying on opportunity. Also a couple days ago when Collison got announced out a few hours before tip-off. Picked up Cory Joseph and got a sweet four steals out of it. And a possibility of another start if Collison's out again tomorrow night. Small examples but I'm convinced that opportunity is always there. Pounce on it when you can, but don't beat yourself up about missing out on a couple guys. There's a lot of players in the NBA who can help a fantasy team this time of year

agree I rather add after the games are finished and I see what stats I need. have had a couple times where I added players for certain stats early in the morning then after that days game that add was a waste because I didn't need those stats or I got buried in the category I was trying to compete in. (talking next day adds)

• Like 1

do not play fantasy basketball anymore

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Not sure. That you might plan the perfect heist, but on business day, everyone will piss themselves and abandon you? I think there are some dudes who I don't want to draft again, and I definitely need to avoid jumping to speculative picks in mid-round draft spots, but besides that it's just the usual lottery and frustration.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, the1gq2nvy said:

everyday im getting a new injury. First westbrook gets suspended, cousins injured, then love, then smart gets injected, then ariza pulls a grion. This is all within the same league. Down 2-5 in 9 cat league head to head. Going need a miracle. 

Sage wisdom

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Believe on your players... a couple of bad games still not a deciding factor to drop him.. #harrell🙄

• Like 1

Draft either one or both of Lillard and/or KAT and don’t stress yourself about injuries or managing loads like the other suckers in your league

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Choose a good punt, but know that your punts may change mid season. Your punts should be flexible because your trying to win matchups. 

I concur almost entirely about load management and finding players on teams that have good chemistry, coaching, solid rotations.

Believe in your players but don’t fall in love with having them. Be ready to drop someone when the time comes... 

Edited by Russianog

Never panic.  Never make a move out of anger. 

And when you are torn between two or three guys for a pickup, put their names in a hat and have your 6 month old son randomly pick it for you.

• Haha 2