10 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Don’t own 5 players of your fave team. Ball, Ingram, LBJ ***** my playoffs

lol why would you do that?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, crocp said:

Draft either one or both of Lillard and/or KAT and don’t stress yourself about injuries or managing loads like the other suckers in your league

Agreed, but not mentioning Harden before those two is a crime

Edited by GriffeySwag
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Don’t own 5 players of your fave team. Ball, Ingram, LBJ ***** my playoffs

lmao bruh don't do that again trust me

Ugh where to start.

1. Follow my gut - I went into the draft wanting to go big, knowing that 80% of my league would go for guards. Drafted KD and PG13 and totally fell into drafting like previous years subconsciously.

2. Draft proven over potential. I had the option of picking Vucevic or J. Allen. I picked Allen thinking it would solidify my stocks, but it turned out to be the super wrong move. Look where we are now.

3. Trade more/Open up streaming spots. I am going into the Semi's of my league, and my only possible drops are D. White/Sabonis/J. Allen/M. Robinsin for streaming. I wasn't aggressive enough during the season taking advantage of slumping players and changing my team makeup when I had the chance.

• Like 2

My team was relatively healthy, I had perfect pacing in Rotisserie, and I still won't even get 3rd place. Fantasy is just not for me.

• Sad 1

Try to avoid players any non elite players being coached by Fizdale, Drew, Walton or Borrego.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, squid-jesus said:

Assuming you're fine within add limits and all, DON'T FREAK OUT if early birds poach all the hot FA names earlier than you do. My league switched to same-day pickups from next-day pickups in the middle of the season and I hate it because the same two people scoop up the top adds early in the morning within a couple hours after waivers get processed. I realized that the top adds aren't always the best adds, though. I got beaten to Pat Connaughton and ended up streaming Ilyasova today which worked out well for rebounds and blocks. Not a blockbuster by any means, but streaming is just parlaying on opportunity. Also a couple days ago when Collison got announced out a few hours before tip-off. Picked up Cory Joseph and got a sweet four steals out of it. And a possibility of another start if Collison's out again tomorrow night. Small examples but I'm convinced that opportunity is always there. Pounce on it when you can, but don't beat yourself up about missing out on a couple guys. There's a lot of players in the NBA who can help a fantasy team this time of year

Tell your league to switch to a FAAB system. Haven’t played in a any non FAAB leagues in over a decade - the idea that a hot pickup can be scooped up by whoever randomly has access to the internet at the right time is just asinine.

• Like 4

Moral of the story: you could do everything right all year, have the perfect draft, make all the great adds etc but still get f Ed up the a in the playoffs by missed games. Yea you could compound it by implementing a start limit during the playoffs but instead of starting your studs you start meh players. Sigh. 

Always have a box of tissues and something to drink.

and to hold your add throughout the week incase someone get hurt, suspense, random DNP, etc..

1 hour ago, TheVladeFather said:

Ugh where to start.

1. Follow my gut - I went into the draft wanting to go big, knowing that 80% of my league would go for guards. Drafted KD and PG13 and totally fell into drafting like previous years subconsciously.

2. Draft proven over potential. I had the option of picking Vucevic or J. Allen. I picked Allen thinking it would solidify my stocks, but it turned out to be the super wrong move. Look where we are now.

3. Trade more/Open up streaming spots. I am going into the Semi's of my league, and my only possible drops are D. White/Sabonis/J. Allen/M. Robinsin for streaming. I wasn't aggressive enough during the season taking advantage of slumping players and changing my team makeup when I had the chance.

know the tendencies of players, like lowry and derozen who start off hot and then slump down.

Though risky, try to trade more, and sell when the market is hot for more value. 

What your players did during the season don’t count for s--- when it comes to playoffs. Never think you got everything planned because fantasy ball is unpredictable and has no agenda. 

At the end of the day luckiest team wins it all. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Russianog said:

lol why would you do that?

There's always one guy like that.  It's typically like a Laker or Jazz or fan or something like that.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, JP_Grizzly said:

What your players did during the season don’t count for s--- when it comes to playoffs. Never think you got everything planned because fantasy ball is unpredictable and has no agenda. 

At the end of the day luckiest team wins it all. 

I'm beating a team in yahoo that had ONE HUNDED AND TWENTY FOUR wins during the regular season.  124-56.  But I'm beating them 5-3 and looking favored right now.  That juggernaut of a team doesn't mean s--- when it comes to this week.

Edited by Pyschout
  • Like 1

QUIT Hh2 this s--- to stress full.

you can have the best draft best pickups. Dominate the league. Come playoffs 1/2 your team will be resting cause they got playoff locks and other 1/2 will be "injured " because their team is out of playoffs.

ROTO is the way to go. eliminates a lot of randomness and luck that comes l8 in the season.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

Agreed, but not mentioning Harden before those two is a crime

And jokic. He is also a super safe first rounder that you dont need to worry about resting and fake injuries

Edited by richg24
  • Like 1

Ignore turnovers in 9-cat. The top two teams in our league have a 1 and a 2 in TO's. The bottom two teams have an 11 and a 12 in TO's. That's no coincidence.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pyschout said:

I'm beating a team in yahoo that had ONE HUNDED AND TWENTY FOUR wins during the regular season.  124-56.  But I'm beating them 5-3 and looking favored right now.  That juggernaut of a team doesn't mean s--- when it comes to this week.

I compare my team to the top 4 or 5 teams in the leagues I'm in regularly. It's easy to rack up wins in reg season, 25%+ all teams are inactive in random leagues anyway. Keeping your eye on the top teams, not your win totals, is pretty key. Assuming you are in the playoff hunt. 

1 hour ago, Kaboom said:

Ignore turnovers in 9-cat. The top two teams in our league have a 1 and a 2 in TO's. The bottom two teams have an 11 and a 12 in TO's. That's no coincidence.

Assuming this is roto? Because I'm first in my H2H while having the least turnovers in the league (punt AST build albeit)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, crocp said:

Draft either one or both of Lillard and/or KAT and don’t stress yourself about injuries or managing loads like the other suckers in your league

guy in my league had both and he lost to Giannis owner on the last day lol

Two things brought me down this year. One I knew of, and tried to compensate for, but didn’t do enough. The other I didn’t even consider.

First is tanking. I need to be more vigilant because it’s getting worse imo.

The other is the drama caused by prima donna players. Some of these guys are getting even more narcissistic and mercurial and it’s affecting their productivity.

Draft player talent over trying to fill stats.  

Always stay active and ready...because of course, we all knew the season would come down to depending on players like Noah, Rondo, House, Caruso, Favors, Harkless, Augustin, Jabari Parker, and James Johnson to boost you to the championship 😂

And that owning Elfrid Payton and Kelly Oubre could be a great thing (I wish i did).  

Posted (edited)

1. Punt AST rules H2H

2. Be wary and active on waiver wire in the preseason and first weeks of the season (thank you Pascal you've saved my a** the same way Mitchell did it previously)

3. Don't hesitate to drop some injured players if your roster is full of them

4. Don't hurry to pick up players with a long term injury and known durability concerns like Kevin Love. Cause some of players on your roster will get eventually injured.

5. Stop drafting bums in the first round (selected Leonard last season and Oladipo now)   😮

Edited by DON_PABLO

Posted (edited)

1. Let other managers draft players known to slump, and buy low mid season

2. The "shutdown risk" we hear every year is more myth than fact. (Conley, Vuce)

3. Never draft unproven players at their ceiling (biggest mistake you can make)

4. Harden, Lillard, and Towns over everybody

5. Stay away from players on bad teams

6. Acquire as much elite talent as possible early on. Over 20+ weeks there will be a lot of opportunities to fill out your roster

7. Pray, because in H2H that's 75% of the game

Edited by FantasyBallFan
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Del Rio said:

Assuming this is roto? Because I'm first in my H2H while having the least turnovers in the league (punt AST build albeit)

Yes, 9-cat roto, I should have specified. I gave up H2H years ago and never looked back. 

• Like 2