On 3/27/2019 at 7:09 PM, waylanderz said:

Team is crashing and burning due to Lavine and Conley.  Had to drop Lavine last Sunday and now looking to drop Conley depending on his status today ... 

I never drafted Conley again once he got some injuries way back then, and everytime he tries that right hand shot it pisses me off it drags down his fg when he misses. Conley always gets left as the last pg to draft in the 40s. I looked away since then. Do the same. Guy is not getting any younger

13 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

gotcha thought you were talking about how 2/5 cat's were efficiency cats t/o and fg%. that could be a problem. on random weeks

also learned that team build doesn't matter half as much as rolling out more players if you have a substantial advantage in games played. rather not punt anything and not have a strong build if I get more players playing

Unfortunately, games played is 80% of H2H.  Quality of games is maybe 20%.

• Like 1

just imagine rolling out joker, jamal, beal, sato, buddy, bagley, fox, and parker

that wouldn't even cost that much draft capital

Stars with an injury history WILL rest when you need them down the stretch (Kawhi, Embiid, Kyrie etc). Better to draft stars who may not post as gaudy numbers throughout the season, but will play for you down the stretch without concerns of reaggravating an old injury.

• Like 1

Injuries man, injuries.  Jjj, ingram, nurk, d rose (duh), dinwiddie for a while, lavine, levert, van vleet, now j rich....forgot a few others, but finished in 1st regular season in spite of the injuries only to be left scramblin this week during the semis and REALLY struggling.  Lesson - basketball players get hurt alot and at the worst possible times for fantasy.  

• Like 1

I guess the only player we can trust to not have rest days or miss unnecessary time is KAT.  I mean didn't he almost blow out his knee and only missed like 1 or 2 games? 

10 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

I guess the only player we can trust to not have rest days or miss unnecessary time is KAT.  I mean didn't he almost blow out his knee and only missed like 1 or 2 games? 

Kat, westbrook, harden, jokic, george.. the rest are studs that gonna carry you to the finals and leave you in 2nd place

Definitely learned to not draft/ trade for any of the players that are load management prone. Completely useless in my playoffs I.E. Kyrie, Kawhi (dont even trust lebron after this season)

10 hours ago, mbbdogg said:

Definitely learned to not draft/ trade for any of the players that are load management prone. Completely useless in my playoffs I.E. Kyrie, Kawhi (dont even trust lebron after this season)

Add Kevin Love to that list. He's dope when he plays, he just don't play often. 

• Like 1

The 4 playoff teams in my main league are loaded with UFA's, RFA's and player option guys. Something to consider when drafting next year

36 minutes ago, cochise316 said:

The 4 playoff teams in my main league are loaded with UFA's, RFA's and player option guys. Something to consider when drafting next year

I've found that those guys are the ones most likely to be shut down. The one's who might not be returning to their respective teams and thus the organization has no reason to play them. At the same time, there's some motivate to earn a big contract and ball out. It's honestly tough to gauge these guys but i'm adamant on staying away from players on bad teams next year.

One lesson that was reinforced to me this week was the efficiency cats. If you can win 2/3 (Fg,Ft,TO,) you'll be hard to beat on any given week. Love, AD, Conley, and Jrich missed games for me this week and I was able to win by grabbing FT & TO. My opponent had a punt assist, low turnover team and I was still able to win that cat. Also, be ready to cut anyone this late in the game. I dropped Conley on Wednesday, Jrich and AD on Thursday.

13 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

Harden, Lillard

1 hour ago, taenggg said:

Punting pts/3s/ft remains king

I think we might have talked about this on another thread, but I'm interested in who you draft/target?  And why it works well when streaming players / injuries / etc?

Just now, hipriest69 said:

I think we might have talked about this on another thread, but I'm interested in who you draft/target?  And why it works well when streaming players / injuries / etc?

If I had to guess it would be Drummond and paired with Simmons, then draft another big?  

Other players I'm assuming - Thad Young, Sabonis, Mitch, Adams...but I'm wondering where you "win" assists here?  If you have Simmons that's a start, then I suppose you try and get Draymond, which would be round 3.  Other than that are you scraping up assists later?  I think this is the last year you can get Rondo or someone that cheap that fills assists...

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

If I had to guess it would be Drummond and paired with Simmons, then draft another big?  

Other players I'm assuming - Thad Young, Sabonis, Mitch, Adams...but I'm wondering where you "win" assists here?  If you have Simmons that's a start, then I suppose you try and get Draymond, which would be round 3.  Other than that are you scraping up assists later?  I think this is the last year you can get Rondo or someone that cheap that fills assists...

For some reason I don't think you can "guarantee" a win in steals and  assists, which some weeks puts you at 4-5....which is why I don't buy into hard punting 3 cats.  But I'm interested in this strategy if you claim its king.  

Edited by hipriest69

8 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

For some reason I don't think you can "guarantee" a win in steals and  assists, which some weeks puts you at 4-5....which is why I don't buy into hard punting 3 cats.  But I'm interested in this strategy if you claim its king.  

its not king just look at the player values on bbm

in triple punt. punt ft% t/o and threes there are 25 players with value of 0.50

in triple punt. punt pts, threes, ft% there are 18 players with valow of 0.50 

also the best guys in his punt are no where near returning the best guys value in triple punt involving  ft% t/o and threes

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

its not king just look at the player values on bbm

in triple punt. punt ft% t/o and threes there are 25 players with value of 0.50

in triple punt. punt pts, threes, ft% there are 18 players with valow of 0.50 

also the best guys in his punt are no where near returning the best guys value in triple punt involving  ft% t/o and threes

I'm not hard punting tos, I have no problem adding guys that will contribute in the counting cats but will hurt me slightly in TOs (Dunn for example). It's more about finding a balance/right medium between assists and controlling turns. I wouldn't want multiple Lebron/simmons types because they cost too much and turns will most likely be a lost cause. 

@hipriest69

Didn't have Simmons, drumm or dray but I was willing to trade for them. You need to get stls/stocks from your bigs. Guys like Adams, jokic, Nance, mitch, favors, Gasol, (pre trade) rostered. At the same time weeks where assists might be low is where you you can take advantage of winning turns. 

For guards guys who get assists but have low turns are guys to target. White (out of position blocks as well), tyus, smart - he avged 4~ with 1.5 turns/1.5stls and has been consistent, Sato, rondo, butler (low turns, solid assists and stls), collison (he got lucky with dipo injury but he couod be had for cheap earlier in the season), Shai, Bev, Morris, etc. Lots of these guys were available the wire in 12 teams at some point esp early. 

Edited by taenggg

7 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

Harden, Lillard

Harden was getting rest during fantasy playoffs last season... 

18 minutes ago, HarmStrong said:

Harden was getting rest during fantasy playoffs last season... 

He literally missed one game during the playoffs last year and scoffed at the idea of load management when asked about it this season. That hardly puts him in the same category as AD, Kawhi, etc

• Like 1

One game missing your best player can be very detrimental to championship aspersions... 

Avoid Miami players.  Avoid Atlanta players not names Young or Collins.  Avoid drafting players based on their play-off schedules.