PackersFan1979

Lesean Mccoy 2019 Outlook

Some really good moves during free agency and on paper a huge improvement to the Bills oline. 

Any value here given his current ADP is sitting in the 7th/8th round? Im sure they are going to add someone in the draft, but he might be a sneaky boom/bust flex option in PPR leagues this year

He isn't a bad option as a filler here and there for those bye weeks. I could see him being a top 30 rb though, but I do believe they add someone during the draft though. They also, added Frank the tank Gore, so it is a crowded back field as well.

Just bear one thing in mind with McCoy: for so long as Allen is under center, he will avoid targeting his RB at all costs.  That destroys the PPR value of any Bills RB, along with Allen’s propensity to just take off with the ball himself a la Newton rather than hand it off.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Local smoke coming out that he's getting cut today.   

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Local smoke coming out that he's getting cut today.   

So apparently it got legs here at the office because of......PFT Commenter's dog's twitter, and two different people started shouting it out over here.   Schefter just denied it and doubled down on Brandon Beane's continued claim that McCoy gets a clean slate this year.   Carry on

Who benefits most if McCoy is not a Bill in 2019?

Poorly worded question!

Take two:  who in the Bills benefits the most if McCoy is not a Bill in 2019?

17 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Poorly worded question!

Take two:  who in the Bills benefits the most if McCoy is not a Bill in 2019?

i'm not a devin singletary fan, so i would lean towards yeldon, who has 3-down skills. i like yeldon. but frank gore seems to have 6 or 7 good years left, so gore and yeldon may cannibalize each other's fantasy worth. would it be a surprise if josh allen ended the year with the most rushing yards on the bills?

This is a backfield to avoid regardless of how it shakes out because of Josh Allen.  His scrambling prowess means less checkdown receptions, and I'd be stunned if he doesn't lead the team in rush TD's if healthy,  

If McCoy stays, he's the back to own, but with one of your very last picks at best.   He's leading the team in RB touches if he's in the lineup, at least to start the year.  I do think that they'll park him if he struggles, but there's at least that small chance he runs angry and has a chip on his shoulder.  

If McCoy is cut, it'll have to be because Singletary looks ready for a big role in week one.  Gore/Yeldon would probably be the worst duo in the league........it'd be insane to get rid of LeSean for those guys alone.     But, please do yourself a favor and do not forget this is the staff that chose Nathan Peterman to start at QB in week 1 last season.   They may judge Singletary to be ready, but they could also be morons.  I gotta believe they wanted Montgomery and the Bears shrewdly traded up to snag him.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BrianM said:

Gore/Yeldon would probably be the worst duo in the league.

It would be for sure. Bucs are the only other team I can think of thats almost as crappy. 

1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

He's young 

No, you're old.

tenor.gif

3 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Get off my lawn

"What did you think of his performance?"
"Medium!"
"What do you mean, medium?"
"Well, it wasn't rare, and it certainly wasn't well done!"

• Like 1

Anyone else have McCoy as a prime bounce-back candidate? Buffalo upgraded the offensive line, added some new WRs, and Shady's arrow seems to be pointing up. Trade rumors have swirled for the past year, but by all accounts it will be McCoy as the feature back once again.

Competition includes Frank Gore, TJ Yeldon and Devin Singletary.
With McCoy in his usual role, I expect Gore will get 5-10 carries a game, with Yeldon playing sparingly and Singletary inactive most weeks.
If Shady gets injured or traded, that puts Yeldon in a timeshare with Gore, and Singletary getting a few scraps.

This looks again be a run-heavy offense, with Josh Allen scrambling less and more opportunities for the RBs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AirForceOne said:

Anyone else have McCoy as a prime bounce-back candidate? Buffalo upgraded the offensive line, added some new WRs, and Shady's arrow seems to be pointing up. Trade rumors have swirled for the past year, but by all accounts it will be McCoy as the feature back once again.

Competition includes Frank Gore, TJ Yeldon and Devin Singletary.
With McCoy in his usual role, I expect Gore will get 5-10 carries a game, with Yeldon playing sparingly and Singletary inactive most weeks.
If Shady gets injured or traded, that puts Yeldon in a timeshare with Gore, and Singletary getting a few scraps.

This looks again be a run-heavy offense, with Josh Allen scrambling less and more opportunities for the RBs. 

A big steaming pile after shady.   Agree with gore getting the occasional series and the other 2 vying for COP duties.   McCoy has plenty of opportunity and an improved line.  

Hes going double digit round currently.   Buying  

• Like 1

This will be Devin Singletary's backfield before long. Shady and Gore are past their prime and Buffalo would be wise to employ a Yeldon/Singletary timeshare. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JHM_13 said:

This will be Devin Singletary's backfield before long. Shady and Gore are past their prime and Buffalo would be wise to employ a Yeldon/Singletary timeshare. 

McCoy is in the last year of his contract, Gore is on a 1-year deal.
There's nothing to suggest that Singletary will pass these two on the depth chart unless something crazy happens.
He'll spend the season learning from 2 Hall-of-famers, which is not a bad gig for a rookie.   

It will be Singletary in 2020. 
Yeldon signed a 2yr deal, so he'll have a bigger role next season (unless Shady/Gore get injured). 

11 minutes ago, JHM_13 said:

It would have been wise to trade shady and not sign Father Time to begin with.  But this is buffalo.   Unlikely 

I was puzzled about Gore at first, but ultimately it wasn't that bad of a move.   The real head scratcher was Yeldon.   I guess maybe they felt they got him for such a bargain, and for two years, that they couldn't say no?   The draft was days away at that point and there was of course the real possibility they take a back.   

For whatever GM speak is worth to you........they talk up McCoy constantly, and blame the line last year for the issues he had.   They refute any suggestion that he won't be the guy for week 1.  They also treat Gore like the legend he is.  Yeldon doesn't get mentioned, Singletary's basically redshirt for now.   

Still a significantly high chance that Josh Allen leads the team in rushing, and a more than likely chance (IMO) that Allen leads in rush TD's.   

Just now, BrianM said:

I was puzzled about Gore at first, but ultimately it wasn't that bad of a move.   The real head scratcher was Yeldon.   I guess maybe they felt they got him for such a bargain, and for two years, that they couldn't say no?   The draft was days away at that point and there was of course the real possibility they take a back.   

For whatever GM speak is worth to you........they talk up McCoy constantly, and blame the line last year for the issues he had.   They refute any suggestion that he won't be the guy for week 1.  They also treat Gore like the legend he is.  Yeldon doesn't get mentioned, Singletary's basically redshirt for now.   

Still a significantly high chance that Josh Allen leads the team in rushing, and a more than likely chance (IMO) that Allen leads in rush TD's.   

If that’s the plan with Josh Allen they’re going backwards.  It’s one thing to let a rookie try and survive any way he can and another to expect his rushing to lead the team.   Yikes 

I dunno that they want him necessarily doing that, but i think that's the most likely bc he's just a gd gazelle back there.   Theyve added as many as 6 new linemen that will make the roster, but it doesn't mean they have it figured out.  Morse is good.   That's about it.   Dawkins might be better.  Cody Ford might be good.   

I dont think he's gonna get 8-900 yards or anything, but the rest of the backs are gonna split so much that Allen could easily lead the team with 500 yards rushing, and that's not a scary amount.   

Just now, BrianM said:

I dunno that they want him necessarily doing that, but i think that's the most likely bc he's just a gd gazelle back there.   Theyve added as many as 6 new linemen that will make the roster, but it doesn't mean they have it figured out.  Morse is good.   That's about it.   Dawkins might be better.  Cody Ford might be good.   

I dont think he's gonna get 8-900 yards or anything, but the rest of the backs are gonna split so much that Allen could easily lead the team with 500 yards rushing, and that's not a scary amount.   

Mccoy had more than 500 yards last season and that team was dreadful on offense.  would be extremely disappointing in what could be his final campaign.   It was survival mode for Allen and McCoy had zero room to work.   Actual qb play from the pocket would be a great thing for shady and the bills.