PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

I can give you a TON more examples of RBs who have declined as they got older rather than ones who have gotten better. Especially RBs over 30. AP is one of the best ever and an anomaly. Not to mention, he only played 10 games total in 2016 and 2017, so he had lots of time off and relatively fresh legs in 2018. McCoy has been playing 14-16 games. 

How many of your examples will be Elite, decade long producers, like McCoy is?

You speak of AP like he's light years ahead of McCoy.  You do realize that McCoy will also go down as one of the greatest ever too, right?  He wasn't just some flash in the pan from 2012.

In fact...

Despite being in the league for 2 years longer than McCoy, AP has only played 2 games more than McCoy in their careers, because McCoy has been the more durable and reliable back.
In these 147/149 (regular season) games respectively... AP has touched the ball 3,100 times for 15,547 total yards, and 112 TDs, for a grand total of 2,498.7 fantasy points.
McCoy has touched the ball 2,826 times (-274) for 14,223 total yards (-1,324) and 84 TDs, for a grand total of 2,404.3 fantasy points.

Realistically speaking, due to AP's volume, if McCoy were to get another 274 touches, he'd be very close to closing this gap.  Meaning, if McCoy's career lasts as long as APs when it's all said in done, he's on pace to match, if not surpass APs career totals, with the exception of TDs of course.

AP is a legend, and will go down as one of the greatest of ALL time, I agree completely.

My point, is that if we give AP a pass because he's an anomaly... what are you using to support your claim, that McCoy isn't?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Did you even watch the video? The 3-4 good highlights were against garbage teams and defenses lol. The guy said pretty much what I said and proved my point with videos towards the end. This isn't 2012 McCoy anymore. Thanks 

Edited by Dexter75

44 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Did you even watch the video? The 3-4 good highlights were against garbage teams and defenses lol. The guy said pretty much what I said and proved my point with videos towards the end. This isn't 2012 McCoy anymore. Thanks 

Literally no one thinks Shady has not lost a step. But the video and his argument is that Shady still has some life and can still make guys miss. The video says one of the reasons for his poor stats was his team. Shady is NOT washed up. 

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s really simple....

D. Williams - ADP 24-28

L. McCoy - got him at Pick #98 last night.

McCoy has legit 175-750-8 potential and that’s not even including his receiving stats.

Ill be taking that all day

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

Ok, Damien.

Edited by RJRJRJ
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, AirForceOne said:

So.... How many of you guys starting McCoy week 1 at Jacksonville?

I wouldn't.  Word on the street is that McCoy is trying to learn some sub-packages so that he can get his feet wet this weekend, but that's about all he'll be able to do.  He's not going to play enough to be anything more than a hail mary, where you're hoping for a big play on minimal touches.

Surely you have better options?

1 hour ago, AirForceOne said:

Only in a deep dynasty with 3 flex spots.    Def best to wait and see 

7 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

In fact...

Despite being in the league for 2 years longer than McCoy, AP has only played 2 games more than McCoy in their careers, because McCoy has been the more durable and reliable back.

My point, is that if we give AP a pass because he's an anomaly... what are you using to support your claim, that McCoy isn't?

And because Peterson was suspended for a year.

The default stance for players is "not an anomaly" so the player would have to prove that he actually IS an anomaly.  Peterson proved this when he tore his ACL in December 2011 and had a monster 2012 season.

2 hours ago, AirForceOne said:

Nobody should be starting McCoy wk1.

I wouldn’t recommend starting Shady week 1. Floor way too low, I think week 3 should be a good spot to pencil him into your line ups. 

4 hours ago, AirForceOne said:

the better question is.  who would need to?  he came so cheap that he wasn't being drafted as a starter

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Panthor said:

the better question is.  who would need to?  he came so cheap that he wasn't being drafted as a starter

One or any combination of the following:  deeper leagues, injuries, auto-draft, and/or earlier draft.  

McCoy was the 3rd RB drafted on my team (8th round - 14-teamer), behind Lamar Miller.   i have no choice.  

Floor is extremely low, and i think theres a decent chance he's just the COP back this year.  I'm also concerned with the ceiling given KC doesn't use their RBs all that much, and McCoy lacks some of that electric, homerun ability.  

Best I am hoping for is low-end RB2.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

One or any combination of the following:  deeper leagues, injuries, auto-draft, and/or earlier draft.  

McCoy was the 3rd RB drafted on my team (8th round - 14-teamer), behind Lamar Miller.   i have no choice.  

Floor is extremely low, and i think theres a decent chance he's just the COP back this year.  I'm also concerned with the ceiling given KC doesn't use their RBs all that much, and McCoy lacks some of that electric, homerun ability.  

Yea, you got no choice.

Maybe you get lucky, get a couple GL opportunities and punches one in or catches one. I think Reid trusts him a lot more right now than he's letting on.

9 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

This is a pretty realistic assessment. I drafted him in the 8th round in a 12 team league assuming that this is the most likely outcome, but with the thought that there's a slim chance that he becomes more than that on a really great offense. 

On a Superbowl contending team. 

Healthy

Looked explosive in Preaseason

Back playing for his Friend (coach from Eagles) Sees Ried as a father figure that "raised" him while with eagles 

Reid loves Shady as well

Chiefs paying him STARTER money

Motivated - no longer playing for garbage Bills with nothing to really play for....

Can run CIRCLES around DWill with superior RUN, CATCH, Blitz pickup over DWill.

this guy takes starting job by week 3.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

After what I saw last night, I don't really have faith that anyone can predict these backfields anymore.  People were pretty sure David Montgomery was going to be the guy last night.  Totally wrong.  The timeshare in Green Bay wasn't the consensus opinion there either, although that was less of a timeshare (Jones 14 touches, Williams 7).

Sucks about losing Lamar for you but I really wouldn't expect much at all from Shady this weekend.  I read somewhere that he will just be in specific packages until he learns the playbook.  Maybe week 2 we will start to see him a lot more.

2 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

After what I saw last night, I don't really have faith that anyone can predict these backfields anymore.  People were pretty sure David Montgomery was going to be the guy last night.  Totally wrong.  The timeshare in Green Bay wasn't the consensus opinion there either, although that was less of a timeshare (Jones 14 touches, Williams 7).

Yea, because Reid runs things like Nagy and LaFluer right? Lol. When was the last time Reid ran a 3 back committee? 12 years ago for a season? There is a reason his lead RB has been a top 8 fantasy back the past 10 years, they see most of the work, The only time in the last 8 years Reid has even run a 2 back committee was 2014 when Charles was coming off an ACL the year before and then suffered a high ankle sprain in week two. So Kniles Davis saw 150 carries that year to Charles 206. Charles still ran for over 1,000 yards, broke Chiefs records and went to the pro bowl.

Oh and by the way, I said last week in the Tony Pollard thread that I would rather have Mike Davis than Pollard if I were looking for a RB that was going to be involved and possibly take the starting job. People laughed at that. Not so funny now is it? Only people who don’t know fantasy thought Montgomery was going to be some bell cow and Davis would be riding the bench. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Sucks about losing Lamar for you but I really wouldn't expect much at all from Shady this weekend.  I read somewhere that he will just be in specific packages until he learns the playbook.  Maybe week 2 we will start to see him a lot more.

I think optimistic fantasy football players expected Montgomery to be the guy, just like they expect Kerryon Johnson to be the guy in Detroit, Josh Jacobs to be the guy for the Raiders (without Jalen Richard getting most of the 3rd down work) and Miles Sanders to be the guy in Philly. Coaches past actions are usually a better predictor of how RBs will be used than what the fantasy community's wish list looks like. No one should be surprised that any of these fantasy darlings end up in messy RBBCs or that the Jones to Williams split was 14 to 7 instead of say 18 to 3. Coaches and Offensive Coordinators show us year after year that they don't care about fantasy football :-).  

• Like 1

When's the last time Big Red has benched one of his starting RB due to performance or rather due to the performance of the backup RB?

(hint: its never happened, it's ALWAYS been injury that lead to a changing of the guard)

Westbrook had 4.8 Yards Per Carry in 2007 then in 2008 it dropped to 4.0.  He still started 14 games that year.

Edited by Zak0221
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rainyy said:

3rd RB in the 8th round sounds a bit late. but i suppose that also means you have big guns at WR, so the team should be fine.