PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

2 weeks in, calm down. You have the position cornered on the most explosive team in the league. Someone useful should come out of it. 

Its fantasy football, you don’t have a month for your players to get on track. Unless of course you play in an uncompetitive league with morons. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

People said that about the Patriots for years and years. Defenses will catch on and force the Patriots to beat them running the ball. It’s been almost 20 years and still hasn’t happened...and yes, Mahomes is that good and as we saw last week, he doesn’t even need his two best WRs for him to go off. They don’t need the running game and they won’t as long as he’s healthy. He’s on that Brady level, quite possibly even better, The run game is now an afterthought for Reid. 

The Patriots did primarily run the ball at the end of last year and through the playoffs. And given that the Chiefs are facing the Ravens this week, I would bet we see a lot more of Shady running Sunday (or Darrel if he's out).  

4 minutes ago, Magoo said:

The Patriots did primarily run the ball at the end of last year and through the playoffs. And given that the Chiefs are facing the Ravens this week, I would bet we see a lot more of Shady running Sunday (or Darwin if he's out).  

fixed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Magoo said:

The Patriots did primarily run the ball at the end of last year and through the playoffs. And given that the Chiefs are facing the Ravens this week, I would bet we see a lot more of Shady running Sunday (or Darrel if he's out).  

Only in recent years as Brady has gotten older. Go back 2016 and earlier and they were always in the top 5 for passing attempts and bottom third of teams for rushing attempts 

Edited by Dexter75

The running game will be better.  The Chiefs lost Tyreek so I imagine Oakland's game plan was to sell out on the run, guard Kelce, and hope that the backup Chiefs WRs could not beat them.

That's been emphatically proven wrong so I doubt other teams will try to employ that scheme.  Running lanes will be opening up soon.

4 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Its fantasy football, you don’t have a month for your players to get on track. Unless of course you play in an uncompetitive league with morons. 

Who do you feel you’re missing out on right now? The chiefs offense is special and worth waiting on for a bit, JMO. Sounds like you should just dump them all now then, why wait another week? 

2 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Only in recent years as Brady has gotten older. Go back 2016 and earlier and they were always in the top 5 for passing attempts and bottom third of teams for rushing attempts 

That may be true but I was responding to your claim that it still hasn’t happened. There’s still going to be 15-20 carries to go around regardless. And Shady may get 80 percent of those.

7 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

The running game will be better.  The Chiefs lost Tyreek so I imagine Oakland's game plan was to sell out on the run, guard Kelce, and hope that the backup Chiefs WRs could not beat them.

That's been emphatically proven wrong so I doubt other teams will try to employ that scheme.  Running lanes will be opening up soon.

No, running lanes won’t be opening up soon. In case you missed it, Eric Fisher, the Chiefs Pro Bowl LT got injured in practice last week and needs groin surgery. Him being out was a huge reason you saw both Williams and McCoy look so silly running it Sunday, Cameron Erving is decent but you don’t just replace a guy like Fisher like nothing happened. 

Edited by Dexter75

22 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

People said that about the Patriots for years and years. Defenses will catch on and force the Patriots to beat them running the ball. It’s been almost 20 years and still hasn’t happened...and yes, Mahomes is that good and as we saw last week, he doesn’t even need his two best WRs for him to go off. They don’t need the running game and they won’t as long as he’s healthy. He’s on that Brady level, quite possibly even better, The run game is now an afterthought for Reid. 

Yeah but NE mixes it up.

8 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

No, running lanes won’t be opening up soon. In case you missed it, Eric Fisher, the Chiefs Pro Bowl LT got injured in practice last week and needs groin surgery. Him being out was a huge reason you saw both Williams and McCoy look so silly running it Sunday, Cameron Erving is decent but you don’t just replace a guy like Fisher like nothing happened. 

Fisher played last week

16 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

If you want to use one game as justification that the Chiefs will not be able to run the ball for the rest of 2019, then I guess you should have a fire sale with your Chiefs rbs.

The running game looked fine week 1.  Shady averaged over 8 ypc.  Week 2 they got stuffed, but judging by how a bunch of no name receivers went ballistic, it was pretty clearly a result of Oakland's defensive game plan more than anything else.  I need more than one game to decide to abandon ship on this backfield.

• Thanks 1

Ravens are only letting up 20 rushing yards a game.  I thought that was a mistake until I saw the box scores.

Granted, they played Miami and Arizona.  Miami game was a joke and they were passing the ball early to catch up, but I'm not sure what happened against Arizona.  David Johnson only got 7 carries for 14 yards.  Were they down big and had to air it out early, like Miami did?

There seems to be a chance that Shady will have the backfield to himself for week 3.  Rotoworld blurb seems to think he would be a strong start but, is the Raven's D really that good or was it game flow?

Edited by Brownsfan74

4 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Ravens are only letting up 20 rushing yards a game.  I thought that was a mistake until I saw the box scores.

Granted, they played Miami and Arizona.  Miami game was a joke and they were passing the ball early to catch up, but I'm not sure what happened against Arizona.  David Johnson only got 7 carries for 14 yards.  Were they down big and had to air it out early, like Miami did?

There seems to be a chance that Shady will have the backfield to himself for week 3.  Rotoworld blurb seems to think he would be a strong start but, is the Raven's D really that good or was it game flow?

If Damien sits, Shady is a must start on Sunday imo. That offense is too explosive not to take a chance. 

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

Tell me about it. I had to pick up Darwin Thompson because I already own Williams and McCoy. So now I have 3 backs on a team that has done nothing in the running game this year. If Sunday is another repeat of the first two weeks, I’m letting them all go and looking elsewhere. It’s obvious Reid’s play calling has changed dramatically,  it’s the Mahomes show this year, and he’s looking to air it out, not dump it out to a RB or hand it off. 

Rage drop them all if you must lol, but just bear in mind that KC will need to run the ball more when the weather gets colder.  Personally, I'm holding.

4 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Rage drop them all if you must lol, but just bear in mind that KC will need to run the ball more when the weather gets colder.  Personally, I'm holding.

Dunno, Mahomes threw for 2526 in his first 8 games and 2571 in his final 8 games last year.

10 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

BAL has only allowed 41 tot rush yards and 1.8 ypc on the season.

In two games they've faced 18 rushing attempts. 7 of those belonged to David Johnson and the others were from Ballage, Drake, Mark Walton and Chase Edmonds. Not exactly a good sample size, and the difference in competition from Miami/Arizona to KC is exponential. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Man... DWills legs were so fresh that they atrophied.

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, BadMoon said:

McCoy has a chance to steal the job on Sunday if Damien sits and Shady balls out 

You're silly if you expect anything to unfold like you think it will. This is fantasy football. You're almost guaranteed to be upset every week

• Thanks 1