PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Rainyy said:

Don't worry.  One day McCoy will retire and you can finally avenge the deaths of your family.  

Seriously though.  McCoy was a full participant and he can catch the football.  He's getting way more than 8-10 touches.  

Dexter when he finally meets up with Shady after all these years:

Image result for inigo montoya prepare to die

😄

• Haha 4

Forecast for Sunday isn't actually too bad.  It won't be windy.  There will be rain, but that might help McCoy out as they may not want to throw deep as much. 

Arrowhead is artificial turf, unlike last night's game on grass.  We shouldn't see nearly as much slipping like Fournette did.

Fire him up.

58 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

They have the best offense in the league because they have one of the best QBs of all time slinging it around 40 times a game, not because of their garbage backfield. Hunt is gone and Reid knows he has crap in the backfield, thats why they are passing it 70% of the time now. The running game was the core of his play calling up until last year. That changed as soon as Hunt was gone in case you haven't been paying attention. 

Why are the Chiefs paying $3M for crap?

I’m glad they are taking it easy on him this week. Gives him a chance to heal up and means they have plans for him 

48 minutes ago, jwilsonxo said:

Thunderstorms and flash flood warning Saturday and sunday in KC. 

This does not please me.

That may actually help the run game, no?  To paraphrase Kramer, McCoy's a mudder.  His mudder was a mudder.  😄

Image result for kramer mudder gif

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Chiefs site has the practice report.  They show McCoy having a full practice, but questionable for Sunday.  Go figure.

Thanks!  Would add reaction, but I'm all used up for today.  :(  

20 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Chiefs site has the practice report.  They show McCoy having a full practice, but questionable for Sunday.  Go figure.

No more probable tag.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jwilsonxo said:

Thunderstorms and flash flood warning Saturday and sunday in KC. 

This does not please me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

Everyone was healthy in weeks 1 and 2. The starting RB is out, McCoy is 31 and on a gimpy ankle, Reid doesn't really trust the two kids and they are playing the best run defense in the league. Why on earth do you think McCoy is going to be some kind of workhorse and touches for the RBs are going to shoot up all the sudden? [...]

Ah okay, I see now that you’re trolling. 

14 minutes ago, coleworld7 said:

assuming he performs well, do you guys ride him out for the season or sell high?

I mean, assuming he stays healthy and plays well, I think you gotta keep him.  In KC's offense?  Yeah.  Provided he doesn't reaggravate his ankle injury, or pop up with any new injuries, I could really see him being the guy moving forward and Reid's committee fading away.  He's the teacher's pet...Reid loves him.  As soon as he was signed, we all knew this day was coming, and Shady would eventually have the opportunity to take over KC's backfield.  Now it's just up to him to take advantage and make sure Damien Williams and co. continue to fade into the background.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I vividly remember people pronouncing this guy as irrelevant and dead last season. 

"washed up" and "old" were a lot of the terms used when he was on the Bills. His team was bad but that didn't stop people from focusing in on his physical skills.

But suddenly he joins the Chiefs and people are saying "he looks like old Shady" and that he like he's in "great shape" as if that wasn't the same guy there in Buffalo.

This forum I swear to god lol

Edited by street sharks
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, street sharks said:

I vividly remember people pronouncing this guy as irrelevant and dead last season. 

"washed up" and "old" were a lot of the terms used when he was on the Bills. His team was bad but that didn't stop people from focusing in on his physical skills.

But suddenly he joins the Chiefs and people are saying "he looks like old Shady" and that he like he's in "great shape" as if that wasn't the same guy there in Buffalo.

This forum I swear to god lol

A change of scenery could really refresh someone’s career. Not that I think he’ll produce like Randy Moss in 2007 or anything, but Moss looked like a different player on the Raiders vs Patriots. An explosive offense can rejuvenate any career, even if the player has lost a step. Moss was also around 30 when he joined the Patriots as well

7 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

A change of scenery could really refresh someone’s career. Not that I think he’ll produce like Randy Moss in 2007 or anything, but Moss looked like a different player on the Raiders vs Patriots. An explosive offense can rejuvenate any career, even if the player has lost a step. Moss was also around 30 when he joined the Patriots as well

Not to mention Andy’s system and defenses not able to load the box cause they’re scared of Mahomes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coleworld7 said:

assuming he performs well, do you guys ride him out for the season or sell high?

Ideally I'd sell high, unfortunately I just don't think even with a big week you're gonna get THAT much for him, so because of that I'd just ride it out. I'd need a WR in that 12-15 range to deal McCoy if he went off this weekend, and I just don't think you'd get that. 

1 hour ago, coleworld7 said:

I’m not sure he will ever be a sell high candidate. Most people know he’s in a timeshare and is older.

21 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Ideally I'd sell high, unfortunately I just don't think even with a big week you're gonna get THAT much for him, so because of that I'd just ride it out. I'd need a WR in that 12-15 range to deal McCoy if he went off this weekend, and I just don't think you'd get that. 

Someone actually just offered me McLaurin for him if you were curious about return.

• Thanks 1

Just now, coleworld7 said:

Someone actually just offered me McLaurin for him if you were curious about return.

I would take that tbh

1 hour ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

That may actually help the run game, no?  To paraphrase Kramer, McCoy's a mudder.  His mudder was a mudder.  😄

I know he is a snowbeast, how does he do in rain? 

McCoy in massive snow is one of the best games every year, hopefully we get it at some point. 

[...] 

LEZ GO. Turn back the clock McCoy!

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

2 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Forecast for Sunday isn't actually too bad.  It won't be windy.  There will be rain, but that might help McCoy out as they may not want to throw deep as much. 

Arrowhead is artificial turf, unlike last night's game on grass.  We shouldn't see nearly as much slipping like Fournette did.

Fire him up.

i am going to tell you that my favorite LeSean McCoy highlights were from a snow out game .. 

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fnfl-game-highlights%2F0ap2000000294591%2FWeek-14-LeSean-McCoy-highlights