PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

17 hours ago, Magoo said:

No more probable tag.

Yep.  Practice reports are all that matter now.    McCoy is a go for me in any flex spot.   Need to see KC run the ball better to think anything more.  

• Like 1

Don't think this is the week to start Shady. 

Top run D + bad weather + Chiefs being "cautious" + Still new to the offense

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat

1 minute ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

He should catch enough passes to have at least flex value.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

I think the only valid one is the first one, and we don't even know that yet.  The Ravens played Miami and a Cardinals team where David Johnson got hurt for part of the game.  Ravens run D could be good, but we don't know how good.

The bad weather won't affect things much because, at this moment in time, there's not supposed to be a lot of wind.  Wind is the killer.  Teams can't pass in the wind so they run and it gets ugly.

The tweet on them being cautious came from a beat reporter and, as far as I know, did not come from the team.  Therefore, it's as actionable as me or you saying the same thing.  It makes sense, but we have no idea what they will do.  It's equally plausible that Andy Reid will want to showcase how great a move it was to sign Shady.  Plus he loves McCoy.

He's been in the offense for 3 weeks now.  That's plenty.  He knows the offense.

I think he gets the lion's share of the load and is a solid RB2-level start.  He could certainly put up a stinker because the Ravens D is good, but he should get plenty of opportunity.  KC proved last week that it doesn't matter who their WRs are...Mahomes is so great that you cannot bring your safeties up to stop the run.  Four bombs in the 2nd quarter...do you think Oakland gave the corners any safety help?  Baltimore won't do that and get embarrassed.

I think he has a solid 12 point floor in full PPR just based on receptions + minimal yardage alone. But certainly an argument to start guys like Gore or Hyde over him if you feel lucky. Bad weather will only help the short pass game IMO

• Like 2

The lead back in this offense is a very good start any week. That said, McCoy was drafted so late I could see people having better options. He'd be a top 15RB for me this week, and I really don't see how he'd be outside anyone's top 20. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

The lead back in this offense is a very good start any week. That said, McCoy was drafted so late I could see people having better options. He'd be a top 15RB for me this week, and I really don't see how he'd be outside anyone's top 20. 

He is FantasyPros 27th RB for both standard and full point PPR.

22 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Ridiculous.

A lot of these rankings you see are because these players start at a certain position and then they are moved up and down.  Shady started at like 40 or something on the board because it looked like a timeshare.

Let me ask this...if McCoy had been traded to KC in the offseason and they cut Damien, where would he be ranked in preseason?  Where would he be ranked this week?

Because that's basically the situation now.  McCoy has the backfield this week and he should know the playbook.  Last week he looked bad but week 1 he looked awesome.  His ankle shouldn't be a concern after he got a full practice in.

27th is nonsense.  That ranking is based on how things have played out and McCoys initial ranking.  If he had had the job day 1, his ranking would be like 15 to 19 this week.  I mean, how the heck do we see Mixon ahead of McCoy everywhere?  It's because of where they started.

Edited by Brownsfan74
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Yeah that's absurd. I think CBS had him projected for 7 points. Not sure if it hasn't been updated with Williams out but either way, embarrassingly inaccurate. 

54 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Yeah that's absurd. I think CBS had him projected for 7 points. Not sure if it hasn't been updated with Williams out but either way, embarrassingly inaccurate. 

Hes projected for 6 points on cbs.  Same as Ronald Jones, Jared Cook, and Ito Smith.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, street sharks said:

I vividly remember people pronouncing this guy as irrelevant and dead last season. 

"washed up" and "old" were a lot of the terms used when he was on the Bills. His team was bad but that didn't stop people from focusing in on his physical skills.

But suddenly he joins the Chiefs and people are saying "he looks like old Shady" and that he like he's in "great shape" as if that wasn't the same guy there in Buffalo.

Actually, I think people are still seriously doubting the talent.  It's just less explicit.  

McCoy is the lead back in the best offense in football with a rookie as his primary competition.  And yet, how many of these posts are:  (1) "Shady is a Flex/RB2"; and/or (2) "should I sell high on Shady?"

I think it follows logically that if X player is only a flex as the lead back for the Chiefs, then he must be considered a below average, if not bad football player.  And thats' basically where he's being valued both here and by experts.  

It's slightly surprising because Damien Williams, a thoroughly mediocre player with no discernible talent, was a 2nd round pick and being drafted as a backend RB1.  

If anything, this kind of demonstrates to me how weary people are of McCoy's talent.  The only difference was that last year people invested a high pick for Shady so people were insulting him with "washed up," etc.  This year he was cheap so people are expecting much less.  

Truthfully, I am not sure where I value Shady.  But if he's the lead back on the KC Chiefs, and he's even average, he should be a surefire RB2.  If he's above average, I see no reason to value him the same as people were valuing Damien Williams this pre-season - as low end RB1.

Edited by Rainyy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rainyy said:

Actually, I think people are still seriously doubting the talent.  It's just less explicit.  

McCoy is the lead back in the best offense in football with a rookie as his primary competition.  And yet, how many of these posts are:  (1) "Shady is a Flex/RB2"; and/or (2) "should I sell high on Shady?"

I think it follows logically that if X player is only a flex as the lead back for the Chiefs, then he must be considered a below average, if not bad football player.  And thats' basically where he's being valued both here and by experts.  

It's slightly surprising because Damien Williams, a thoroughly mediocre player with no discernible talent, was a 2nd round pick and being drafted as a backend RB1.  

If anything, this kind of demonstrates to me how weary people are of McCoy's talent.  The only difference was that last year people invested a high pick for Shady so people were insulting him with "washed up," etc.  This year he was cheap so people are expecting much less.  

Truthfully, I am not sure where I value Shady.  But if he's the lead back on the KC Chiefs, and he's even average, he should be a surefire RB2.  If he's above average, I see no reason to value him the same as people were valuing Damien Williams this pre-season - as low end RB1.

I look at like this.  Has he lost a step?  Probably.  But this is an all pro, hall of game type back.  Hes starting at such a high level that hes probably still an average back now.  An average back in this offense is gonna get points, like Damien Williams, Spencer Ware, etc.

23 hours ago, street sharks said:

I vividly remember people pronouncing this guy as irrelevant and dead last season. 

"washed up" and "old" were a lot of the terms used when he was on the Bills. His team was bad but that didn't stop people from focusing in on his physical skills.

But suddenly he joins the Chiefs and people are saying "he looks like old Shady" and that he like he's in "great shape" as if that wasn't the same guy there in Buffalo.

This forum I swear to god lol

I remember reading from those same people when the Chiefs signed LeSean McCoy, he wouldn’t be a factor because he was  “old and broken down.” 

• Like 1

While McCoy seems to be trending toward active status this weekend, it'll be confirmed about 90 minutes before Sunday's 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff."

Still questionable and is going to see limited work even if he does play, not comforting.  

Edited by Dexter75

23 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

While McCoy seems to be trending toward active status this weekend, it'll be confirmed about 90 minutes before Sunday's 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff."

Still questionable and is going to see limited work even if he does play, not comforting.  

Source?

4 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Source?

RotoWire

Despite McCoy progressing from DNP on Wednesday to all activity Friday, the Chiefs haven't made a definitive decision on his status just yet. The same can't be said for Damien Williams, who won't play Week 3 due to a knee contusion. While McCoy seems to be trending toward active status this weekend, it'll be confirmed about 90 minutes before Sunday's 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff. Darwin Thompson and Darrel Williams are waiting in the wings for touches behind McCoy.

Edited by Dexter75

6 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Are you guys just trolling or do I have to do all your homework for you? This has been common knowledge for over 24 hours...

ESPN's Adam Teicher reports that the Chiefs are "likely to be cautious about overloading" LeSean McCoy (ankle, questionable) in Week 3.

It's not a surprising development considering Shady was limited in practice all week. He's expected to suit up Sunday against the Ravens, but likely won't see a ridiculous 80% snap rate or three-down workload. Look for Darwin Thompson and potentially Darrel Williams to also be involved. Still, Shady is in the RB2 discussion as the lead back in the Chiefs' high-scoring offense.

We saw this already.  So Adam Teicher is gonna decide how much the rbs play?  He's speculating.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

We saw this already.  So Adam Teicher is gonna decide how much the rbs play?  He's speculating.

The main reporter for the Chiefs knows A LOT more about the situation then trolls on this forum...

I’m starting to wonder if this is where the low point projections are coming from. If Shady’s good to go, and isn’t sharing with Williams even against the ravens he should have more than 8 Pt’s that he’s projected

1 minute ago, Dexter75 said:

The main reporter for the Chiefs knows A LOT more about the situation then trolls on this forum...

He also says shady is the lead back.  Did you not read that?

2 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

No he doesn't, all he's doing is speculating like everyone else.

If you can show me proof that Andy Reid is going over the game plan with beat reporters then it's easy to see who the real troll in here really is.

• Like 1

Also from rotowire....THE LATEST BLURB ON MCCOY....

"McCoy (ankle) practiced in full Friday, Sam McDowell of The Kansas City Star reports.

McCoy emerged from Week 2 with an ankle injury, but his ability to progress from no activity Wednesday to all drills Friday indicates he's good to go. Coach Andy Reid confirmed as much, saying McCoy "got better each day" and had "a great practice" Friday, per BJ Kissel of the Chiefs' official site. Meanwhile, Damien Williams (knee) was ruled out, so McCoy has a prime opportunity to lead the Chiefs' backfield. Aside from McCoy, running backs Darwin Thompson and Darrel Williams will be available for any lingering touches."

1 hour ago, raidaz18 said:

No he doesn't, all he's doing is speculating like everyone else.

If you can show me proof that Andy Reid is going over the game plan with beat reporters then it's easy to see who the real troll in here really is.

He’s at their practices and their post practice interviews with access to the team and locker room. Is anyone here? Yea, didn’t think so...